Mda Pilot Class & Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdarules

Advanced
Sep 9, 2005
I heard the last pilot class for republic was cancelled. Is this true - I guess the furlough notices were a scare tactic if this is the case.. Also does anyone know if this rumor about TED is true?

The TED thing is as likely as seeing the Tooth Fairy and Mrs. Claus as your FAs on your next Midatlantic flight.

ClueByFour said:
The TED thing is as likely as seeing the Tooth Fairy and Mrs. Claus as your FAs on your next Midatlantic flight.
[post="301614"][/post]​

Why so bitter?

Pardon my ignorance....what's the line on this TED thing? What would this rumor involve? Is it just some 757s? Is it routes? People? Are we talking about the United TED? Would this mean that Seth would return?

thanks,
jm

It's a pipe dream, dreamt up by USA320. (although I don't know what his fascination is with anything that has to do with United).

TED is nothing more than some A320's and a logo. It's on the United seniority list. If US is merging with UAL, we all shall hear about it soon, but until then....nope, no one is buying TED. (who'd want it? Anyone can fly these routes.)

USA320Pilot said:
It's not a rumor -- it's an active possibility.
USA320Pilot:

Well, I guess anything is "possible." But you haven't provided any evidence that such a transaction is likely. And you never responded to a comment I made on this topic a few days ago in the "Unprecedented Change" thread, as quoted below:

Second, on top of everything else, the "sale" of TED (ignoring for the moment that there is nothing to "sell" other than individual A320 aircraft or the rights to the name "TED") by United to the "new" US Airways doesn't make any business sense. If US Airways were going to use TED to continue serving its current routes feeding United's hubs, which can be the only basis for your claim that United would continue to receive incremental revenue, there would be no added benefit to the US Airways system to justify draining some portion of the carrier's precious cash holdings with this purchase. On the other hand, if US Airways were to move the TED flights away from feeding United's hubs, there would then be no incremental revenues for United to receive. Thus, as I said above, this deal makes no business sense and is exceedingly unlikely to happen.
Any comment now?

No... no ... no.. If LCC gets its hands on some airbuses currently painted in "TED" colors, it'll be in exchange for sending the 'republic' deal to UAL, with the EMBs, but without the slots, and/or the retirement of LCC 37's. It won't have anything to do with LCC flying TED 'routes.'

The Republic deal has not officially been cancelled. However the three 170's originally slated to go to RJET in October, will not be leaving the USAirways operating certificate at this time. All Republic classes to be held Sept/Oct have been cancelled as well. The transaction however has not....

Left up to the AAA MEC, MDA and the Embraer 170's would be "donated" to RJET just to be rid of a small group of pilots with a particular amount of pride and integrity......

ALL OR NONE!

SH

It is my understanding that both the US Airways and United ALPA contracts have fragmentation clauses that are set at 15%. If less than 15% of the assets are transferred then the company does not have to transfer pilots, which eliminates the “thornyâ€￾ pilot labor M&A problem for a transaction involving United’s A320s or TED assets.

For those at United who doubt my comments on this potential asset sale, I suggest you ask United ALPA officials what they have heard about this report.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
It is my understanding that both the US Airways and United ALPA contracts have fragmentation clauses that are set at 15%. If less than 15% of the assets are transferred then the company does not have to transfer pilots, which eliminates the “thornyâ€￾ pilot labor M&A problem for a transaction involving United’s A320s or TED assets.

For those at United who doubt my comments on this potential asset sale, I suggest you ask United ALPA officials what they have heard about this report.
USA320Pilot:

Your comment about the ALPA fragmentation clauses may or may not be true (I'll leave it to the pilots to address that issue), but that is irrelevant to my comments about the "sale" of TED not making any business sense. Instead of changing the subject, why won't you address this issue?

Cosmo:

I never saw your question because I do not read all of the posts. The 15% fragmentation clause is contained in each ALPA contract and it does not matter if the sale of Ted makes business sense. If a company needs to sell assets, like Pan Am did to United, you can only sell what a buyer wants. Distressed companies do not have a lot of leverage if they need to raise money. Do you think Pan Am wanted to sell the LHR hub?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

If this is the thinking of management at the new US Airways, I'm really sorry, but you are going to be going straight back into bankruptcy. Ted is a gimic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back