Mda Sale Moving Closer To Conclusion?

MDA pilots,

Every non 170 mainline pilot I speak with concerning you is major pissed off about your tratment and will go to any length to prevent additional screwing. I can only hope they are sincere and can overcome their unions wishes. Or perhaps they are being PC. Then again I dont talk to the 58% wimps that are only concerned about their own arses and have a long history of selling out the less junior pilot. Rest assured I will back you !

FA

320's personal propaganda page says it all, To actually make the claim that half of the division pilots keeping their jobs, that another would be paying would sink Airways is such a bag of BS! Then he posts how ALPA is preparing for legal action. Well why the Heck dont they prepare to defend 150 stinking jobs??

I have a question for you 320, has the company EVER done anything, anything at all that you think was wrong? I dont want to hear your usual dribble about "does this latest thing make me happy? NO it does not" crap either. I am really curious in your opinion has U management ever made a mistake?

"I have a question for you 320, has the company EVER done anything, anything at all that you think was wrong?"

On this thread the same question should be posed to Rico.

I remember for a few days when he was like ALPA is gonna go on strike and shut US down when Siegel threatened to terminate his pension, but once again he loved Dave and US and went back to his old self.

Yeah I have to add that I was less than impressed with your memo predicting that selling off MDA would actually speed up pilot recalls.

I think your premise was that if recalls happened than it would me mostly MDA pilots returning first... Causing attrition at MDA and requiring training as a result. Meaning the company would be less eager to recall based upon cost)

Wrong.

As a matter of fact. 9/10 Captains at MDA would rather stay at MDA, for QOL issues... Rather than sit short call reserve in a crash pad, until they hopefully can commute home, they seem to think holing a line while sitting left seat (for a change) is more worthwhile.

And that goes for the most senior MDA CAPT's down to the most junior.

But if Midatlantic gets sold off instead, and is operated much like the situations that the APL pilots have endured at the JFJ positions... They will be chomping at the bit to return.

And it takes no rel stretch of the imagination to see that the E-190 fill the 737's role. MDA at Republic means More E-Jets and fewer 737's. So odds of a recall diminsh with the MDA sale, not increase.

"I have a question for you 320, has the company EVER done anything, anything at all that you think was wrong?"

On this thread the same question should be posed to Rico.
Sure, at times, the people like you Dog make me lose respect for other work groups,

But then I stop in my tracks, and realize that for every one of your type..., There are four to five hard working coworkers that still care, still try, and do so without the overly dramatic sense of entitlement or need to endlessly whine/complain/belittle anything and everything.

Those are the people that I have a huge amount of respect for, and they are enough to allow me to keep hope that this airline has a real future, not the dismal predictions or desire for failure that too many on this forum have.

Every work group at every airline is unlucky enough to have their own Dog Wonders. It is my hope that we can succeed despite you. And I am sorry for those times I was wrong to forget that.

If you feel some need to continue this, move it to PM like you are supposed to.

ALPA needs to find solutions to its and the company's problems or it really doesn't matter because the business enterprise could fail. The company is in bankruptcy, the creditors are driving the decisions, and instead of fighting there needs to be solutions, period.

As I said months ago MDA and its assets and PSA and Piedmont could be sold, but guess what, many people on this message board said that could not happen. Guess what? It did and now ALPA has another mess on its hand with very little protections for the MDA pilots.

This could have all been avoided, but we have to deal with membership apathy.

In regard to ALPA, the people in power of the MEC drove the decisions and ignored the advice ALPA's president, ALPA's professional negotiator, ALPA's general counsel, ALPA's director of representation, E&FA's lead economist, ALPA’s contract administrator, ALPA's investment banker, the MEC chairman, MEC vice chairman, MEC secretary/treasurer, and 8 of 12 MEC Reps.

If you do not like what is happening, then voice your complaint to those who had the "roll call" power.

The current MEC is going to do the best it can to protect as many MDA pilots as possible, but the RC4 gave up much of ALPA’s leverage, therefore, it you're upset voice your displeasure with the RC4 minus 1.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

For those pilots on the APL, with the sale of MDA the company’s expense to recall pilots will be less. It does not matter if a pilot wants to be recalled or stay at MDA for “quality of lifeâ€￾, my point is about the economics of a recall.

Under the current system, a mainline recall could trigger 3 training events. The MDA Captain would need a Group 2 training event, a new MDA Captain would need to be trained, and possibly a new MDA F/O would need to be trained. In addition, the MDA training department could need another training event too.

Without these training events and their cost, the company could recall pilots with a much lower “cost accountingâ€￾ expense, according to one MEC Rep I spoke with with knowledge of pilot staffing issues.

Separately, it's probable the MDA sale will occur and be part of the POR, which could be forwarded to the bankruptcy court before the end of the month. Thus, I believe it's best to get the best deal possible versus fighting because the MEC RC4 gave up ALPA's scope language and leverage.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
ALPA needs to find solutions to its and the company's problems or it really doesn't matter because the business enterprise could fail. The company is in bankruptcy, the creditors are driving the decisions, and instead of fighting there needs to be solutions, period.
[post="264403"][/post]​

Right. Toss the MDA pilots under the bus to maintain "the business enterprise." (eg, mainline).

Transparent enough motive. Why not simply be honest about it? Blaming the RC4 is not going to help--the CS8 would still vote to toss the MDA guys under the bus.

Even had the CS8 had their way last year, the company would still have been mismanaged into burning furniture (eg, selling MDA) and still would have come to ask. The CS8 will do it, anyway.

"I have a question for you 320, has the company EVER done anything, anything at all that you think was wrong?

On this thread the same question should be posed to Rico."

What specifically was it the company did that was wrong Rico? Besides hiring people of my ilk who think for themselves.

And while you are at it what work group is it I am in?

I believe there is enough blame and mistakes for management and labor to consider, but there is nothing that can be done about the past. The unions were warned by Bruce Lakefield that the mainline fleet reduction could be about 30 aircraft, that PSA, Piedmont, and MDA could be sold, and there could be increased furloughs if labor did not participate in the restructuring and the company was forced to file for bankruptcy.

I heard Lakefield's words on these subjects myself because I elected to attend MEC meetings. The IAM tried to say "no" and ended up with a S.1113© motion and a contract with the greatest percentage "give" over the "ask" out of every union, thus what was the benefit in this approach?

Now industry fundamentals continue to get worse with greater than expected LCC growth, SimpliFares, and energy prices. What should the company do? Cut costs more, try to grow revenue, and work with the creditors or close up shop?

In the case of MDA GE is driving the deal because they want to diversify their risk and limit their US Airways exposure. Can you blame them? The RC4 minus one knew about this and looked the other way. They are the one's who turned their back on the pilot group. Do I like it? No, of course not, but now we have to deal with it.

ALPA is trying to get the best deal possible for the MDA pilots and will negotiate with US Airways, Republic, and the IBT to do so.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

320:

So ALPA will wield it's mighty sword to protect the MDA pilots, huh? I'll bet the IBT is quaking in their boots.

What about the 1900 furloughed mainline pilots? You think that ALPA can protect their interests when the AWA deal comes down the pike?

You can complain all you want about the RC4. They were willing to stand up to the company and the creditors, which in the end would have made U management RUN the airline instead of prettying up the pig to sell it. The contract, sans all the protections, telegraphed the company's real intentions.

You need to stand up like a good ALPA soldier and put your job on the line for your brother pilot.....after all, he gave up his job so you could save yours, right?

That's what I thought!

Boomer