Senior
Aug 16, 2003
Mechanics ask AMFA to Account for Dismal Track Record
Disgruntled members turned away by AMFA leaders at Tulsa meeting

Steve Connell said:
Steve,

It's pretty sad when the signs inside the Brady Theatre at the AMFA "meeting" made mention of the membership but Delle refused to hear what our membership had to say. Why do you think that is??? I think it's because he couldn't hold his own against us. He would have been confronted with issues that he couldn't have responded to in the manner in which the AMFA supporters would have approved of.

Boggles the mind. . . :blink: :blink: :blink:

I would have to agree with a comment made by Jim Little pertaining to this forum that very few people read it and the ones that do are polorized heavily and blind to anything resembling objectivity or reasoning.. That's while I'll be signing off because my minds made up and it's a waste of time preaching to the choir.. Thanks it's been fun..

Maybe we should take the long view and look at the entire industry since deregulation, whats happened to pay and benifits? What have we lost?? What have we gained??Who has made greater gains during this time, industrial unions or craft unions.. Are our interests better served and are we stronger being split between more than one AFL-CIO industrial union I.E. IBT,TWU,IAM or could we do better being under one union and then come back under AFL-CIO as a larger group?? Has appeasment of management ( concessions) paid off for labor, go back in history compare the railroads and steel industries where same struggles happened, compare outcomes..

Is it fair to blame unions for management decisions that violate contract agreements as is the case with NWA which are being arbitrated as we speak, force majure, SARS, Iraq war??? I personally witnessed ST in Mobile Alabama doing maint. on UAL 737's over 2 yrs ago and on 3 different occasions when IAM represented the mechanics in violation of their scope agreement, IAM was powerless to stop this from happening other than getting on their knees because of weak contract language??? Yes I made IAM aware of the violations as they occured..

Can/ should a union be held accountable for a contract they did NOT negotiate?? Would we be better served by voting for who fills the seats at a national level within the union or do appointments by unelected persons meet our needs??? Is accountability an issue or a selling point?? We hear about how important political lobbying is but why with all our power and political connections has NAFTA, GATT and foreign trade via WTO passed to the detriment of our working men and women of this USA?? The WTO as you are aware is another group of unelected people making decisions that impact us directly, does this sound fair or democractic?? Why can't we get foreign repair stations either shut down completly or hold them to same standards you an I are held to????

How long should you give a union to make progress and show gains?? would gains made during the 60s or 70s mean anything today?? What about sustained losses, where do we draw the line and look for alternatives?? What are our options??

Having this devisive issue concerning representation is killing us and directing our energies away from concentrating and strengthening our base of support, we are as weak as we've ever been and this surely pleases nobody except management..

What will we do in about a year or so when the billions of dollars of debt come due??? Will we take more concessions ?? Where do you draw the line?? Keep your powder dry Steve..

what does all this mean??? :shock:

Jim Anderson-

Oldweirdharold said:
I would have to agree with a comment made by Jim Little pertaining to this forum that very few people read it and the ones that do are polorized heavily and blind to anything resembling objectivity or reasoning.. That's while I'll be signing off because my minds made up and it's a waste of time preaching to the choir.. Thanks it's been fun..

Jim Anderson-
[/QUOTE]
Jim ,
I considered ending my participation on this BB also, but history shows that
"a lie unanswered becomes the truth."
I copy and distribute info and conversation from this board at work,
When coworkers read the posts of CIO vs Bob Owens or TWUer vs Rusty, it has
an impact on how they view the current situation within the TWU.

The posts that I have distributed at work are responsible for turning several
fence sitters.

I ask you to reconsider not posting here. Either way, good luck!

There is no sense in trying to ask questions of an imperical all knowing amfa wizard,(DELL :blink: ) especially when you'll be thrown out for posing a question or they will just lie or deny that they had anything to do with it. Too bad no one was allowed in, they would have been able to boast higher numbizzzzzzz!

The dues reduction promise is amfa's/Dell's :blink: lie or denial. But..... they/Dell :blink: made it up not anyone else.

If I were a UAL employee I would demand a duezzzzzzzzz reduction and a refund!
AA guys should demand the same from amfa it would save them thousands for 5-7 years! :bleh:

I saw an unedited tape of the Sept. 12th meeting Delle held, what a farce. A guy asked him what AMFA was doing to fight outsourcing, Delle started making statements concerning TWU outsourcing, NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION! What a guy.

Steve Connell said:
I know we're re-hashing the same old argument but lI can't let this blatant lie go unanswered. Lets look at a REAL dismal track record. Let's look at the TWU's record.

FIRST IN THE INDUSTRY WITH B AND C SCALES!
FIRST IN THE INDUSTRY TO GIVE UP PAID LUNCHES!
FIRST IN THE INDUSTRY WITH A 180 PROBATIONARY PERIOD (WAS 90 DAYS)!
FIRST IN THE INDUSTRY TO GIVE UP PUSHBACKS AND DE-ICING TO THE RAMP!
FIRST IN THE INDUSTRY WITH MEDICAL PLAN CONTRIBUTIONS!
FIRST IN THE INDUSTRY WITH PRE-FUNDING OF RETIREE MEDICAL!
FIRST IN THE INDUSTRY WITH THE JR. MECHANIC SCAAM!
FIRST AND ONLY IN THE INDUSTRY WITH THE SRP/OSM SCAAM!
FIRST TO SETTLE ANY CONTRACT AT AA!
FIRST TO CAPITULATE IN APRIL 2003!
FIRST TO SET THE AIRLINE LABOR MOVEMENT BACK 50 YEARS WITH APRIL 2003 FIASCO!
FIRST TO GIVE UP SICK DAYS!
FIRST TO GIVE UP SICK PAY!
FIRST TO GIVE UP VACATION DAYS!
FIRST TO OUT SOURCE FUELERS!
FIRST TO OUT SOURCE BUILDING CLEANERS!
FIRST AT SCREWING THE AMT!

WE HAVE THE WORST CONTRACT IN THE INDUSTRY THANKS TO THE TOTALLY WORTHLESS UNION!

Hey Tony...newsflash for ya pal...in 1983 the TWU asked the membership to turn down the B-scale , the MEMBERSHIP voted it in at over 80%.

Please feel free to distribute this news in bigger and bolder type.

Steve Connell,

I have recently received some data and was informed about a rule 32 involving Hacksaw that you might know something about. I also hear you have been staying over a couple of hours after work and ratting out some of your co-workers on twilight shift.

Care to elaborate on these issues Mr. TWU Strong Union Man? Or are you really still extremely management friendly?

Come on Steve be a man and tell us the truth!

TWU informer said:
Steve Connell,

I have recently received some data and was informed about a rule 32 involving Hacksaw that you might know something about. I also hear you have been staying over a couple of hours after work and ratting out some of your co-workers on twilight shift.

Care to elaborate on these issues Mr. TWU Strong Union Man? Or are you really still extremely management friendly?

Come on Steve be a man and tell us the truth!

Hey Informer,

I received some data that your nose was a little bit browner after leaving the Brady Theatre on Saturday. Care to elaborate on this one Mr. AMFA Weak Union Boy? Or are you still extremely worn out from kissing Delle's . . . . . . . feet?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on Informer, tell us the truth!! :up:

It figures that someone with TWU in their handle would respond this way.

Why was the B-scale brought back in the first place?

Damn funny isn't it Dave that you couldn't ask me that when I was eye to eye with ya, why is that Dave? I think we both know the answer to that ,huh boy?

I posted my Rule 32 info earlier, do the research man, I'm not reposting it, OR..you post what you want and I will verify, but make certain Dave you post the facts, when you mention my family it is a NO PLAY deal. I know where you work and I will set you straight with THE FACTS..get my drift worm?..See Dave...the difference between you and me is simple, I will put my family before my job, if you wish to ask personal family matters for all to see here be prepared to seek employment with me. GET MY DRIFT LITTLE MAN?

As far as me staying over on shift you have to be kidding me, I work twilight, Dock 8...here's a clue bright boy...management arrives about 6:30am..

You want to post on me biggun be prepared to face the results, if not, stick with TWU/AMFA questions. I have no problem with making a return trip to set you straight. I want you to be real careful and get your facts straight, you are close to crossing the line here boy with me and I am a NO PLAY type of guy.

You want to talk some issues now dweeb?

Buck said:
It figures that someone with TWU in their handle would respond this way.

Why was the B-scale brought back in the first place?
Don't even criticize me Buck unless you are wiling to say the same to your AMFA co-horts!

Just funnin', that's all! It was pretty funny though, wasn't it??? And you'll notice that I didn't say anything that wasn't true! :D

Ok

"It figures that someone with AMFA in their handle would respond this way"

Now I can criticize you all I want, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Buck said:
Ok

"It figures that someone with AMFA in their handle would respond this way"

Now I can criticize you all I want, thanks for clearing that up for me.

What the heck are you talking about Buck?? You know, I think I saw a bit of brown on your nose as well buddy!! AMFA - The Brown Noser Club!!! :lol:

Learn when to take a joke dude!!

Back