Now Local 514 Reports Attack on Line Presidents

RV4

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Local 514 is reporting at the union meeting today that they are asking the ATD to back them in filing Constitutional Violation charges against the line Presidents that are failing to attend the meetings redarding the one time swap of contract items.

The Tulsa boys want to screw the line mechanics out of midnight retention pay in exchange for 3 Holidays.

The line Presidents have now learned how to avoid the Tulsa Dicatators wrath. They just fail to show up at the screw meeting and without a majority, the voting cannot take place.

ATTENTION ALL LINE PRESIDENTS:
It is also being reported that the overhaul presidents are having a meeting Aug. 1st with the ATD Leadership without your presence. If I were you, I would find the location of the meeting (Tulsa) and crash the party!

MY GOD!

FEAR AND MEMBERSHIP SHAFTING IS REACHING LEVELS NEVER RECORDED BEFORE!

WE MUST GET AMFA ON THE PROPERTY TO STOP THE MADNESS.

----------------
On 7/29/2003 5:17:48 PM Bob Owens wrote:

Well removing the MRTwould be suicide for the TWU.

Even the line guys on day shift will fight.

Ever hear of the phrase "The last straw"?

Everyday I recieve more requests to be put on hand pay. We already have 15% of our members off check-off. Past letters to the International about delinquent dues have gone unacted upon. If this goes though I suspect that just about all the line guys will go off check-off and not pay any dues at all. What will they do, fire all 4000 line mechanics? The first guy they walk off, if I know these guys, they will shut the place down.

It might take money to run a local but it does not take money to have solidarity.

Go for it Randy! You want to put your roll call vote and $10 million against our 4000 already pissed off line mechanics? When the dust settles there may not be an AA. Tulsa will be a ghost town, but you can rest assured that somebody will complete JFKs new terminal and my tools will help that airline make money flying people in and out of New York.

----------------​
Bob I have not paid dues for over a year now. Before any of your guys take this step read Article 38 of the TWU/AA agreement. Myself, I hope that Local 514 pushes your guys to that limit.
TUL a ghost town, Local 514 will say TWU good, AMFA bad and lower wages to prevent layoffs. What a trend American Airlines could open maintenance facilities in every major city and we could work for minimum wage.