Who Runs Amfa?

AMFAMAN said:
Last Convention was 4 years ago and I as an Associate member voted for Dell and as a matter of fact Chuck Schalk. :shock: :shock:

Still waiting on voting whether to retain the high dollar twu secretary named Norma Scotland(over 100k) and of course coffin follower Art Luby.
j7915, here you go. Dell was elected by the full membership. Unlike sonny and little. You don't like the McCormick Group? Well, when we go AMFA you will actually have a voice in this matter. I am never afraid of writing the truth WITH my real name. How about you?

MCI AFL-CIO said:
Bob, Question for you and others, Can you tell us ........Was Delle elected? when? McCormack group elected? nominalted? appointed? by who? Seham? All Natl officers? elected? appointed? by who?
Looks like others already answered but I'll add mine in anyway.

Delle was elected at the last Convention, the next one is this Spring, May 3rd I believe in New Orleans.

The McCormick group was hired by the National. If the members are unhappy with the McCormick group and the National refuses to replace them the members can recall and replace the National.

National officers are elected.

I dont object to having a powerful National or International. My main objection to the structure of the TWU is that the power of the International is not checked by the power of the membership. The International is never subject to a direct membership vote. So we get people like Jim Little who are apointed to oversee our contract but we can not hold him accountable, nor can we as members hold Sonny Hall, the man who put him there, accountable.

If you want a little more insight into the TWU then request a copy of the minutes of the 2001 Convention. It makes interesting reading.