Mechanics to get Hose Again!

Just stating a fact......DEICERS DO NOT SIGN LOGBOOKS!

The real question should go more along the lines of:

"If mechanics are routinely, randomly drug and alcohol tested because they make airworthiness decisions; why wouldn't any FSC qualified to de-ice commercial air transport aircraft be routinely, randomly drug and alcohol tested as well?"

That specific question was put to an FAA Inspector who is regarded as a "Ba!! Breaker." He just muttered something about being told to stay away from the issue and turned and walked away.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/13/2003 4:34:38 PM Hopeful wrote:

HOw can a deicer sign a logbook when the aircraft is buttoned up on the deicing pad and goes right to the taxiway. No one SIGNS a logbook after deicing. The statement that it has been accomplished is conveyed to the Captain on the headset. Don't give me that B.S. that you signed a logbook after deicing because it is not required. I work the line as an AMT and logbooks do not get signed after deicing.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Pardon me for a misstatement. It should have read clear ice not deice.

[blockquote]
----------------

HOw can a deicer sign a logbook when the aircraft is buttoned up on the deicing pad and goes right to the taxiway. No one SIGNS a logbook after deicing. The statement that it has been accomplished is conveyed to the Captain on the headset. Don't give me that B.S. that you signed a logbook after deicing because it is not required. I work the line as an AMT and logbooks do not get signed after deicing.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Very Good Hopeful

410OhOne:
I just want those who read this message board and are not familiar with decing procedure to realize that, yes, deicing is extremely important and must be done properly, no one who has performed the deicing can sign the log book nor are they required to do so.
Another point of note, one must hold a valid A&P license to sign a logbook. Even the contractor such as Rockwell Collins can sign for their work in the logbook only if they possess the valid certificate.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/13/2003 12:29:44 PM AirLUVer wrote:

Not sure about procedures with AA, but baggage loaders are liable to the FAA for giving accurate loads and distribution. Not sure who signs off on it. But baggage counts in the USAir Express crash last month and the Southwest Burbank runway over run have been both partly blamed on weight and balance issues.

There are many others in this company that are liable to the FAA in the event of an accident or incident. Not just pilots, dispatchers, or mechanics.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Lets see the document you carry in your wallet or purse issued by the FAA with your social security number or a number representing your social security number on it. Give me a break about a bagsmasher responsible for anything. The is no accountability at this company, period. This includes the lowest ranks to the most executive cartel members in their ivory towers.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/14/2003 12:25:23 PM Hopeful wrote:

410OhOne:
I just want those who read this message board and are not familiar with decing procedure to realize that, yes, deicing is extremely important and must be done properly, no one who has performed the deicing can sign the log book nor are they required to do so.
Another point of note, one must hold a valid A&P license to sign a logbook. Even the contractor such as Rockwell Collins can sign for their work in the logbook only if they possess the valid certificate.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Wrong again. There is a place to sign for clear ice checks. We could either sign or give our pay # to the captain over the intercom and he would enter OUR #.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/14/2003 12:17:04 PM 410OhOne wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

Very Good Hopeful

----------------
[/blockquote]

Funny how you post this even after my reply above correcting myself. You and hopeful must have went to the same reading skills class.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/14/2003 5:44:10 PM rampguy wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

410OhOne:
----------------
[/blockquote]
Wrong again. There is a place to sign for clear ice checks. We could either sign or give our pay # to the captain over the intercom and he would enter OUR #.
----------------
[/blockquote]
RampGuy,

You totally lost me. Try again. You said,"no one who has performed the deicing can sign the log book nor are they required to do so." Help us out here. Please explain.

410ohOne
A&P Certificate Holder

Oh! So now you don't have to sign, just give the captain your pay number! WoW, you rampers get a choice!
Geez, we A&P's have to sign our name and number EVERY time!

Oh, and Rampguy, I think you mean INTERPHONE not INTERCOM! We don't work in an office ya know!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/14/2003 7:05:18 PM 410OhOne wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/14/2003 5:44:10 PM rampguy wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

410OhOne:
----------------
[/blockquote]
----------------
[/blockquote]
RampGuy,

You totally lost me. Try again. You said,"no one who has performed the deicing can sign the log book nor are they required to do so." Help us out here. Please explain.

410ohOne
A&P Certificate Holder

----------------
[/blockquote]
No 410OhOne, I didn't say that. Hopeful did. Now, I helped you out. Can we now move on to another subject?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/14/2003 8:52:20 PM Hopeful wrote:

Oh! So now you don't have to sign, just give the captain your pay number! WoW, you rampers get a choice!
Geez, we A&P's have to sign our name and number EVERY time!

Oh, and Rampguy, I think you mean INTERPHONE not INTERCOM! We don't work in an office ya know!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Oh geez. Grow up. Your going to find something to pick on no matter what. Change your nick to "Hopeless"

Don't bother responding. It's not worth the time. WAAAAAA, I have to sign and they don't, WAAAAAAA

Rampguy: You're the one who needs to grow up by not making your baggage tossing career out to be more than it actually is. Giving me all this nonsense about how you are solely responsible for weight and balance and how you sign log books (oh, correction, give your # to the captain for deicing.) Bottom line is you do not possess a government issued certificate to do your job. Plain and simple. You are not bound by federal regulations to accomplish your tasks as prescribed by law. Since you are so valuable to an airline for deicing during the winter months, what is your value the other eight months of the year? Do you really want to compare your responsibilities to that of a line maintenance mechanic? That has been the situation for the past 25 years of my airline experience: RAMPERS CONSIDER THEMSELVES TO BE OF RESPONSIBLE WORTH EQUAL TO OR GREATER THAN THAT OF AN AIRCRAFT MECHANIC!
When an aircraft mechanic puts his signature in the log book HE IS ON HIS OWN. You do not have a license that the FAA can revoke, do you, rampguy? If there has ever been a better time for mechanics at every airline to seek their own unions and break away from the traditional coattail dragging that rampguy exemplifies, it is here and now. So, RAMPGUY, the next time you get on that INTERCOM, I MEAN INTERPHONE, look in your wallet for a certificate issued by the government and do some soul searching as to what your responsibilities really are!

By the way, did you upgrade from pillow fluffing and blanket folding? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/15/2003 8:46:27 AM Hopeful wrote:

By the way, did you upgrade from pillow fluffing and blanket folding? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
----------------
[/blockquote]
Under the TWU I thought pillow fluffing and blanket folding, was an upgrade?

Latest posts

Back