Medical Premium's

Birdman

Veteran
Nov 14, 2003
I know its none of my business what other work groups pay in medical premiums (and not contractual), but, I can't help but notice the differences in the costs and year to year increases.

All comparisons based on EE+2 or more in the Preferred Catagory

Workgroup............Dollar Increase(08 to 09)..............Percent Increase(08 to 09)

F/A......................................$5.34.............................................4.5%

Pilots...................................$5.46.............................................3.4%

Management.......................$13.54............................................7.7%

TWU....................................$27.00............................................15%

How does the TWU put it, "a loaf of bread costs the same for everyone".

I know its none of my business what other work groups pay in medical premiums (and not contractual), but, I can't help but notice the differences in the costs and year to year increases.

Workgroup............Dollar Increase(08 to 09)..............Percent Increase(08 to 09)

F/A......................................$5.34.............................................4.5%

Pilots...................................$5.46.............................................3.4%

Management.......................$13.54............................................7.7%

TWU....................................$27.00............................................15%

Thanks to Jim Little.

Easy there Birdman, I hear that management is planning to issue another BBQ Sandwich with another $50 gift card to thank you once again for saving $500 Million and accepting the increase in medical payroll deductions without a fight or a peep from your TWU Leadership. The grand scheme is to get you upset enough to accept the TWU taking over your insurance administration so that you can pay larger inflated premiums because the Politicians need your paycheck and too many are on agency fee objecting to the dues collection for non-germane expenses.

Hey, why all the sad faces?

The lump sum, instead of retroactive pay (you need a pay raise for a retro-check) will pay for the increased medical costs.

Let's see. Someone on this board has the opinion that snap-backs are not a reality. But more concessions are a reality.

Hey, maybe when Obama nationalizes health care, you won't have to worry about the cost per month.

You'll have crappier choices, but at least you'll get that extra $25 in your pocket...

Hey, maybe when Obama nationalizes health care, you won't have to worry about the cost per month.

You'll have crappier choices, but at least you'll get that extra $25 in your pocket...

A real union will negotiate benefits above and beyond any Nationalized Health Care plan. Federal Government has minimum wage laws and we make more, Federal Government has Social Security but we have a defined pension plan.

Maybe we should take these negotiations to a strike, payback the Corporate Greed Pupils for years and years of concession bargaining and bring them to their knees. The economy is obviously going to tank anyway, we may as well give the Greed Filled Brain Trust exactly what they deserve and send them off to run another company to the ground.

And by the way, my cost went up $85.00 per month to just maintain the same coverage and service as 2008. I do think Managment cost only went up $25.00 so you may have us confused with those in the elite.

I've had experiences with both our system and Socialized medicine, I recieved better treatment in the Socialized plan.

Here the primary concern is not what ails you but how you are paying. I spent around six hours before getting any treatment, at least two hours on a gurney in a hallway, however for the same ailment, while on vacation , it took no longer than 15 minutes before I was given medication and a room-which was private. So you can believe all the BS scare tactics put out by the "for profit" Hospitals, insurance and pharmaceutical companies, who stand to lose a lot if we socialize but I've been through both and I can tell you they are lying.

Interesting how a good post like uneven application of medical premiums can turn into bbq, Obama, and gift certificates. Heaven help us all...

Interesting how a good post like uneven application of medical premiums can turn into bbq, Obama, and gift certificates. Heaven help us all...

Well feel free to post your explanation, solution, or any other important comment.

Truth is, if you cannot find a way to laugh at this TWU negotiated BS then you will become depressed, angry, and on the verge insanity.

If you have a better idea, then let's hear it and dispense with the simpleton complaining.

Truth is, if you cannot find a way to laugh at this TWU negotiated BS then you will become depressed, angry, and on the verge insanity.

Are healthcare premuims negotiated? If this were true wouldn't the TWU inform it members that it could demand lower rates if they would take better care of themselves through responsible diet, exercise, and smoking cessation? :huh:

Are healthcare premuims negotiated? If this were true wouldn't the TWU inform it members that it could demand lower rates if they would take better care of themselves through responsible diet, exercise, and smoking cessation? :huh:

Actually we had a "Me Too Clause" that matched the Pilot's contract language to limit increases in payroll deductions for Medical Benefits.

You guessed it, the TWU negotiated that away with the rest of the farm in 2003. Thus the seperation in cost you see is us paying for ours plus theirs.

The only thing you can count on the TWU "demanding" is that you vote for another concession contract soon.

Bingo! If i remember correctly it was a small one liner in the 2003 giveback. It said take away the Pilot Cap. Which many twu representatives did not know what that meant. The Pilots have limitations on how much their cost can increase, like Informer said a me too clause. Sorry but it is time to use a well worn out twu slogan ...... "they can do that brother"

Back