Medical

harleyrider

Feb 14, 2003
:shock: I hope this is not a rumor, because if true, this is how our management team cares about it's employees as humans. F/a's get 90 days of Medical Health coverage only. After that F/a's pay full premiums for medical. People on LTD can't survive these costs, because you only get 50% of your pay. These people won't be able to recover from their illnesses, do to unaffordable premiums. This is how management wants to build bridges and boost moral. Shame, on this management team and how they treat a fellow human being. In my opinion, this team is nothing more than a bunch of rabid animals. Once again, your true colors are shown. Can someone put some light on this and tell me this is not true, about the medical health.

harleyrider said:
:shock: I hope this is not a rumor, because if true, this is how our management team cares about it's employees as humans. F/a's get 90 days of Medical Health coverage only. After that F/a's pay full premiums for medical. People on LTD can't survive these costs, because you only get 50% of your pay. These people won't be able to recover from their illnesses, do to unaffordable premiums. This is how management wants to build bridges and boost moral. Shame, on this management team and how they treat a fellow human being. In my opinion, this team is nothing more than a bunch of rabid animals. Once again, your true colors are shown. Can someone put some light on this and tell me this is not true, about the medical health.
[post="262696"][/post]​
Even "if" it's true the health coverage sucks big time regardless. I know, I used it all the time having an ill family member. The health insurance industry and healthcare costs in general are completely out of control in this country so rumors like this could very well be true considering the state U is in financially. Good Luck.

harleyrider said:
[post="262696"][/post]​
iam the same 90 days!
Corect me if i'm wrong but if you get ill and its going to be for more than 90 days you might as well put the house and car up for sale cause now its cobra and its all comming out of your pocket.
I believe thats even if you get hurt on the job. Youll get w/c but after 90 days out the full medical cost is on you .( Go figure kept catering and couldn't keep health insurance )
no wonder you cant find the iam agc's le them explain this one

Did you not read what you were voting on?

It was a final offer, not a Tentative Agreement, put your hostility on the company.

But I do agree with you on the catering issue, you can blame the members of your negotiating committee from PHL on that issue.

No one from catering would have been laid-off if it was outsourced.

you are right about the 90days............I am out on maternity leave and the same applies for me.............I guess I picked the wrong year to have a baby.

IAM1776PHL said:
iam the same 90 days!
Corect me if i'm wrong but if you get ill and its going to be for more than 90 days you might as well put the house and car up for sale cause now its cobra and its all comming out of your pocket.
I believe thats even if you get hurt on the job. Youll get w/c but after 90 days out the full medical cost is on you .( Go figure kept catering and couldn't keep health insurance )
no wonder you cant find the iam agc's le them explain this one
[post="262724"][/post]​

This is true for AFA. we haven't been able to find another carrier that inflicts this type of loss on their employees as a cost savings to the company. Not only is this language true, but AFA along with ALPA contribute to the premiums for LTD benefits bi-monthly. The LTD has 120 wait period, and then it is 50% of your already reduced wages.

Its a travesty of monumental proportion and consequences to our group. And if it doesn't change (as AFA is trying to convince the company) it will go out as an E-line, website, and subsequentely picked up by the press. This language also effect maternity leave...one of the biggest travesties to our group of low wage earners.

My opinion, no one should apply for a job at USAirways. Risks to you and your financial future are too high. This 90-day medical language has not gone into effect yet. But is soon coming.

harleyrider said:
[post="262696"][/post]​

Your management is just doing what management does best. Put the blame on ALPA, IAM, AFA, CWA. The Labor organizations and each labor rep who chose not to push a rejection of the final offers that contain 90 day insurance, etc.
Until these Labor organizations understand the basic justice in 'all for one' bargaining, the American Labor movement will continue to take a terrible beating. Labor should have pushed a rejection of the final offer and pulled the trigger to preserve quality jobs in the industry and allow its members to slide into those jobs at other carriers.

Not one of these cowardly labor organizations believed in 'all for one' though. They took the hook, line, & sinker of the company's baitline that
'something is better than nothing'. The latter has proven time and time again as nothing but failure in dealing with American Business.
And on another note. because of the failure of these unions, now those employees laid off will not be able to slide into other decent airline jobs.

Back when Charly Bryan, who was a real IAM fighting Machinists, effectively shut down Eastern Airlines, he stopped the cancer from spreading the entire industry so that he protected each Eastern Employee by allowing the pilots, mechanics, etc., to slide right into another airline job at another carrier. How many of you know Eastern employees who work for other airlines now? You all do.

Now, Labor has taken it up the # and there aren't any industry jobs to be had.

90 day medical, no seniority for IAM FSA after 90 days, and minimals on everything else on the list. And you people love paying your dues for it?...that is what is mind boggling. Talk about a mind job!

regards,

I guess the membership does not know the meaning of the word "NO"?

People don't have to be told how to vote, they have minds and can formulate their own opinion.

700UW said:
I guess the membership does not know the meaning of the word "NO"?

People don't have to be told how to vote, they have minds and can formulate their own opinion.
[post="262789"][/post]​

I remember the PHL fsa IAM reps going into the PHL paper and saying something like 'something is better than nothing...and I'm voting yes'.
I also think that the 141 messenger said something like 'we had a gun to our head and a knife to our back.' That suggests the 141 leader was incompetent or working for your management. I mean what happens when someone puts a gun to your head and you have a gun too? You put it to theirs too. Obviously that means that the company would liquidate [see Eastern]. But in doing so you preserve the opportunity that some of your members would have in staying in the industry. Unfortunately, there are no decent industry jobs anymore for pilots, mechanics, FA, cargo, etc because the cancer has spread.

Bryan did it right at Eastern. He shut it down and in doing so he shook the industry and government and allowed Pilots, FA, rampers, etc to find new airline jobs at fair wages.

No, the IAM has stooped to industry losing contracts where you don't get paid for sick time, lose medical after 90 days, lose seniority after 90 days. The best part is that the IAM members get rewarded by 2013 with a wage increase of about 50 cents so that they are paid almost as good as they were in 1994 and not represented.

And the workers are still willing to pay for it? What a mind job!

regards,

Yes Tim,

It is the Big Bad IAM's fault, the membership had no blame, the AGC from 141 were the only ones to vote on the contract and the membership had no say.

Feel Better now?

700UW said:
Yes Tim,

It is the Big Bad IAM's fault, the membership had no blame, the AGC from 141 were the only ones to vote on the contract and the membership had no say.

Feel Better now?
[post="262902"][/post]​

I would agree with most of what you said. Primarily it is the bad job by the IAM. Secondly the IAM should be fired, but that is for another time.

regards,