Memories of Campaigns Gone By....

Swordfish

Jun 17, 2011
In an effort to consolidate my posts to allow members from around the system to see "Team Videtich/Soldevere" for the sham they are, I ask each of you to visit this vote against “Team Videtich/Soldevere” link for a daily update of “fact based” info.

I offered to cut Overspeed a break but he chose to go toe-to-toe; so here we go. No BS, all facts with the backup paperwork to prove itI I have kept a copy of everything I could get my hands on that the Local or Intl has posted for years. I will begin with a historical gem from the big man at the ATD himself and work my daily through each of his chosen team on the “Soldevere Ticket.”

So here we go with a classic quote from the ATD’s own special appointee, Don Videtich from his 2002 campaign letter to the membership:

“Goals as President” – “Improve the current TWU Constitution language to allow for a more democratic process when electing International officersinclusive of an accurate (electronic) voting process at the convention and re-instituting the recall process to ensure Union officers are held accountable for their actions.”

Hey Overspeedand Realityck, what happened to Big Daddy Don, it seems he lied to the membership?
Also, exactly how is it that Don was allowed to violate both the Constitution and Local Bylaws by hand picking and appointing his pal Keith Stewart as President, when Pikerelli was the Vice President and should have become President?

Reactions: 6 people
So here we go with a classic quote from the ATD’s own special appointee, Don Videtich from his 2002 campaign letter to the membership:

“Goals as President” – “Improve the current TWU Constitution language to allow for a more democratic process when electing International officersinclusive of an accurate (electronic) voting process at the convention and re-instituting the recall process to ensure Union officers are held accountable for their actions.”
Alex...Can I have Hypocrite for $400?

I wouldn't anticipate a response them on this one. But I can't wait for the next update

Reactions: 2 people
Another Videtich classis from August 27, 2001

Dear Aircraft Maintenance Members,

…paragraph 10: “Yes, significant improvements were made through out the Tentative Agreement. However, I am disappointed that we fell short of our goal, a “Truly Industry Leading Contract”. We brought back a good contract, but not an “Industry Leading Contract.” Based on principle and the fact that we work for the number one air carrier in the industry, I personally will be voting “no”. There are several key elements within this Tentative Agreement that in my opinion fall short of the “Industry Leading” concept. An improvement to the majority of the following items would go a long way to distinguish the Tentative Agreement as “Truly Industry Leading”.

· Increase Pay percentage improvements through out wage scale (steps)​

· Provide language for wage opener during length of contract​

· Eight-hour shift, inclusive of meal period​

· Company paid Medical/Dental premiums- Dental coverage increase​

· Decrease or elimination of Pre-funding for Retiree Medical​

· Scope language formulas- specifically a lins station dtaffing formula​

· Crew Chief/Technical Crew Chief/Inspector premium increase​

· Geographical/Regional premiums for high cost areas​

In closing, the membership is the final authority on this decision and again, the Executive Board or myself will not make a recommendation to you on how to vote. It is a personal choice for each one of you to decide on how to cast your ballot. Take care and may God bless you and your families.

On behalf of the Executive Board,

In Solidarity
Donald M. Videtich
President, Local 565
Transport Workers Union, AFL-CIO”

Reactions: 1 person
Another Videtich classis from August 27, 2001

Dear Aircraft Maintenance Members,

…paragraph 10: “Yes, significant improvements were made through out the Tentative Agreement. However, I am disappointed that we fell short of our goal, a “Truly Industry Leading Contract”. We brought back a good contract, but not an “Industry Leading Contract.” Based on principle and the fact that we work for the number one air carrier in the industry, I personally will be voting “no”. There are several key elements within this Tentative Agreement that in my opinion fall short of the “Industry Leading” concept. An improvement to the majority of the following items would go a long way to distinguish the Tentative Agreement as “Truly Industry Leading”.

· Increase Pay percentage improvements through out wage scale (steps)​

· Provide language for wage opener during length of contract​

· Eight-hour shift, inclusive of meal period​

· Company paid Medical/Dental premiums- Dental coverage increase​

· Decrease or elimination of Pre-funding for Retiree Medical​

· Scope language formulas- specifically a lins station dtaffing formula​

· Crew Chief/Technical Crew Chief/Inspector premium increase​

· Geographical/Regional premiums for high cost areas​

In closing, the membership is the final authority on this decision and again, the Executive Board or myself will not make a recommendation to you on how to vote. It is a personal choice for each one of you to decide on how to cast your ballot. Take care and may God bless you and your families.

On behalf of the Executive Board,

In Solidarity
Donald M. Videtich
President, Local 565
Transport Workers Union, AFL-CIO”
Well Don got all that and more, for himself, by getting us to give away pretty much everything being in a union gets people. Now Don pushes for YES votes on deals that leave us with the least amount of Vacation, least amount of Sick time, in reality No paid holidays and the lowest wage in the industry. Funny how some people change the way they see things once they get what they want.

Well Don got all that and more, for himself, by getting us to give away pretty much everything being in a union gets people. Now Don pushes for YES votes on deals that leave us with the least amount of Vacation, least amount of Sick time, in reality No paid holidays and the lowest wage in the industry. Funny how some people change the way they see things once they get what they want.
Don Vidibitch has to be the greatest negotiator that AA has ever hired. Even surpasses the likes of Ed Koziatek. Sure be nice if that guy was on the union side. :eek: