Merge anyone know about this

Pilots and flight attendants are the worst source of accurate information. Additionally, United makes its money in the international sector. Other than operations at JFK airport, I cannot see Jetblue bringing much value to the United operation. My bets are still on a future UA-DL or UA-CO combination, in order to close the holes in United's global network. Combining with Jetblue would do little to fill those gaps...

MERGER IN THE WORKS!

Southwest is in negotiations with United Airlines on a merge deal likely to be announced on May 32,2007.

Tentative plans are to make BWI the primary HUB in the east. BWI offered to build a new International Terminal adjacent to Terminal A. The merged company will still have a sizable pressence at IAD with maintaining several International Routes. In the merger process the companies will eliminate the TED product and Airbus will be utilized on mostly eastern routes in the system. Boeing aircraft will be based in Denver and mainly fly to western cities. While Southwest based planes will sell their 737-300's to an unlisted airline. Both United and Southwest 737-500's will be retired by April 2009. Also this will include the sale of the 10 Boeing 767-300's to US Airways upon completion of the Merger. The Merger is expected to be completed by 4th Quater 2007. The announcement is expected on the 32nd of this month.

MERGER IN THE WORKS!

Southwest is in negotiations with United Airlines on a merge deal likely to be announced on May 32,2007.

Tentative plans are to make BWI the primary HUB in the east. BWI offered to build a new International Terminal adjacent to Terminal A. The merged company will still have a sizable pressence at IAD with maintaining several International Routes. In the merger process the companies will eliminate the TED product and Airbus will be utilized on mostly eastern routes in the system. Boeing aircraft will be based in Denver and mainly fly to western cities. While Southwest based planes will sell their 737-300's to an unlisted airline. Both United and Southwest 737-500's will be retired by April 2009. Also this will include the sale of the 10 Boeing 767-300's to US Airways upon completion of the Merger. The Merger is expected to be completed by 4th Quater 2007. The announcement is expected on the 32nd of this month.
buffalojoe you are full of it.. You wrote this on American web site last week. You also stated you took American to Europe and you almost got denied boarding for saying something bad to the agent in DFW before boarding your flight. Why would you say we are giving up our 767-300 as we need big planes for intl routes.

buffalojoe you are full of it.. You wrote this on American web site last week. You also stated you took American to Europe and you almost got denied boarding for saying something bad to the agent in DFW before boarding your flight. Why would you say we are giving up our 767-300 as we need big planes for intl routes.
Check Your Facts! I wrote this on Southwest Site! And Check the date, MAY 32nd. Thats why I reposted this cause some of the other posts were ridiculous. :rolleyes:

BTW, AA Recredited the Mileage that I used on the trip, plus a $300 Travel Voucher.

Pilots and flight attendants are the worst source of accurate information. Additionally, United makes its money in the international sector. Other than operations at JFK airport, I cannot see Jetblue bringing much value to the United operation. My bets are still on a future UA-DL or UA-CO combination, in order to close the holes in United's global network. Combining with Jetblue would do little to fill those gaps...

United is not making money.

(Just for "$hits and giggles"), a few questions for my esteemed fellow posters here.

How many TOTAL Airbii for B6(including anything on order)?

How many TOTAL Airbii for UAL?

And Finally,

How many Total Boeing 737's in UAL's fleet ?

Thanx in advance !

NH/BB's

(Just for "$hits and giggles"), a few questions for my esteemed fellow posters here.

How many TOTAL Airbii for B6(including anything on order)?

How many TOTAL Airbii for UAL?

And Finally,

How many Total Boeing 737's in UAL's fleet ?

Thanx in advance !

NH/BB's

Rough estimates....

Aprox 150 Airbii in A320/A319 mix, and a little less than 100 B737s.....those of the 300/500 variety.

This is dated info so the Airbii may have gone up(delivery) and the Boeings down(retirements)

[
I don't believe anyone would advocate stapling the Jet Blue pilots though. Putting an Airbus captain at the bottom would not be fair.

Who are you trying to kid. They would be stapled in a heart beat if you guys could get away with it. UAL Pilots wanted to staple AAA Pilots, remember?

[
I don't believe anyone would advocate stapling the Jet Blue pilots though. Putting an Airbus captain at the bottom would not be fair.
Who are you trying to kid. They would be stapled in a heart beat if you guys could get away with it. UAL Pilots wanted to staple AAA Pilots, remember?

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"$HIT HAPPENS" !!!!!!
(Especially to NON UNION people) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

This source is by a lawyer in Chicago who is working on this deal with UAL and Jetblue. I hate to put this out as a rumor until i get more informations. I heard the flight attendants and some upper management at Jetblue say the same now as i heard this from a source.

My sisters boyfriends brother inlaw heard the same thing from his wifes uncles third cousin.

It must be true, we have multiple confirmations now.

My sisters boyfriends brother inlaw heard the same thing from his wifes uncles third cousin.

It must be true, we have multiple confirmations now.

you are funny... just wait something is in the works at ual.. i remember AA years ago doing Aircal and Reno air... Nobody beleive it. next TWA... Tilton will show you guys. it will be a hositle take over like delta and midwest air.. I believe Airtran is finally getting something of midwest. Could still be CO

you are funny... just wait something is in the works at ual.. i remember AA years ago doing Aircal and Reno air... Nobody beleive it. next TWA... Tilton will show you guys. it will be a hositle take over like delta and midwest air.. I believe Airtran is finally getting something of midwest. Could still be CO
WAKE UP!

Tilton and Co. are SELLERS, not BUYERS. Besides, JFK is a LOSER for UA. NY would become a three-way fight with UA holding the weakest position. So, only the A320s have any real value and F9 would be much better match if airplanes are the goal.

Don't hold your breath, folks. No airline will buy UA either. If ANYTHING happens UA's management will sell to private equity. Can anyone say Greenbriar Partners? (a.k.a. Greenwald and Co.) Greenwald could manage the company without all that nasty Sarbannes-Oxley, annual reports and annual shareholders baggage. Tilton and the gang can take the money and move on to the next uber-adventure.

Actually, if Greenbriar hasn't yet thought of it I'd like to offer it up as a suggestion. UA would be much better off.

Sorry, folks. I just noticed an error.

NY would be a FOUR WAY fight and UA would hold the weakest position.

Actually, no it wouldn't. Jet Blue pilots would have access to nothing but Airbus & 737 flying for quite some time. And that's if ALPA merger policy is used. Since Jet blue is not ALPA, actually you could see something more like the AA/TWA merger, however without the furloughs.

I don't believe anyone would advocate stapling the Jet Blue pilots though. Putting an Airbus captain at the bottom would not be fair. Airbus captains would probably be slotted close to whatever seniority current UA Airbus captains are. Same with the f/o's, which is basically near the bottom since that's where our most junior pilots are. Then there would be restrictions for Jet Blue pilots bidding widebody aircraft for a period of time.

You guys need to go over and look at the WAR that is brewing between the East and West pilots at USAirways. The Nicouli arbitration award for the most part slotted 1 for 1 and only protected the top 517 east widebody pilots. East has a 4.5 to 1 attrition rate compared to west(AWA)that was not taken into account in the merged list. ALPA National is having a special meeting in June to see what can be done to get both sides equally pizzed to make it fair. The east(old USAir)has a ground swell of pilots ready to de-certify ALPA claiming ALPA merger policy ws not followed in this award. Stay tuned this will get interesting.