Merger Coincidence or not?

Let's see, what is the short list of how many people you seemingly dislike, despise or otherwise have a problem with?

1. Boeing Boy
2. L4P
3. Lark
4. Most of the UAL folks
5. Most of the DAL folks
6. Most union members

Ooooooo! Ooooooo!
Don't forget ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. 767jetz

There. Now I feel better. ;)

Ooooooo! Ooooooo!
Don't forget ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. 767jetz

There. Now I feel better. ;)
----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry 767jetz, wrong again...we like you!!

Your brobably a nice guy, its just webboard BS, where we all come of as "rough around the edges" sometimes...

If we ever meet up in europe, Im buying the first round!

Dont forget me!

767Jetz, I was thinking of you when I added the DL & UA folks.

700UW, same as a union folk.

PB, that leaves you and I wasn't sure to what degree of antipathy the feelings ran, so you are now added to the list at your request.

The amended list......

1. Boeing Boy
2. L4P
3. Lark
4. Piney Bob
5. Most of the UAL folks
6. Most of the DAL folks
7. Most union members

I wouldn't too much out of the "coincidence" of a media report published today today including the info about DL management taking the revised US offer to their Board. DL management said that they were going to do that over a week ago - which I suspect you knew.

"Delta Airlines Inc. (PINK SHEETS:DALRQ) said in a statement Wednesday that its board will do its duty to review the revised offer by US Airways." Article from 1/10/07

Jim
Jim...

What does your gut tell you, will it happen or not? If it happens how does the hub situation shake out. If it does not happen does U go after Alaska or NW? Even with the labor unrest @ NW, would they have not made a better match?

As the saying goes, "birds of a feather flock together." :p

What some people fail to realize is that "it is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change," according to Charles Darwin.

Just like the Steel and Railroad industries the airline industry has changed. Do I like it? No, of course not, but I am willing to adapt to give my family the best opportunities in life, which I have accomplished.

In my opinion, far too many people are unwilling to adjust, which is why many people find them self in their present day position. Instead of being a force for positive change it's much too easy to "shoot the messenger", ignore reality, or to simply stick their head into the sand.

As Benjamin Franklin said, "an investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." :)

Best regards,

:up:

USA320Pilot

#1 - #3: I have absolutely no idea.

#4: From a route/fleet standpoint, NW makes more sense to me. However, integration can make or break a merger's success, so potential labor issues are worth looking at.

Jim

Information presented to ALPA indicates senior management believes the US-DL combination provides the greatest profit margin out of any other US potential corporate combination.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Information presented to ALPA indicates senior management believes the US-DL combination provides the greatest profit margin out of any other US potential corporate combination.

Which may very well be correct, assuming that NW is not purchased by AA (which scenario would permit the SkyTeam alliance to survive, giving the new USDL plenty of China access via its alliance/codeshare opportunities with NW).

But if AA ends up buying NW, that's all out the window. Then the new USDL would either have to join *A (dunno if that flies with the regulators) or do without easy (and profitable) China access.

Because you force your wife to work? Lovely! (yikes)
I'm not taking sides here, but is such a personal attack on his family necessary? Whether the comment is true or not really shouldn't have a place here. It just weakens your own credibility to even bring it up.

Fly,

As a United F/A who I have never met, how would you know what my bride does?

By the way my wife has a degree in psychology, a MBA, and has completed work on her PhD.

For the past 12 year's she has spent her time helping raise our two children after we had two children die in independent car accidents. See we believe children are God's way of continuing the world, which is why we started a second family after we lost the first one. By the way, I could care less about people who insult others or pass on false information like you do. Do you know what it's like to bury two kids who died in car accidents without their parents involved?

In her spare time she has been a charitable contribution chairman for a program that raises over $90,000 per year for our children's school, she has served 6 year's on our Church Council, helps feed the homeless, helps the Victim's of Domestic Violence program become re-located, coordinates a 100-child Christmas gift program for kids of abused mothers, she has been the Director of our church's Vacation Bible School, she is now is the Team Manager for our daughter's competitive gymnastics team, recently volunteered to be the Treasurer for our son's Classic Soccer Team. In addition, she helps me a lot in our personal Commodity trading and Equity/Bond investing program.

By the way, what do you do in your free time?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

All of the information you've provided here is extremely personal.

You have relayed this experience, in one form or another before, on this and other forums.

I am sorry about your children. Children should bury their parents, not the other way around.

Were it my life and experiences that you'd posted, as your spouse, I would be forever angry with you that you'd chosen, rationally, to provide both private and personal information over the internet to strangers.

Perhaps I'm just not desperate for attention.

Latest posts