Mesa Pilot Dies In Iraq

SKY HIGH

Veteran
May 22, 2004
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/s...p-4095250c.html

Before his callup, Leach was an airline pilot and regional jet captain for six years at Mesa Airlines, which flies US Airways Express flights out of Charlotte around the East Coast.

“Pat’s life’s ambition was to be a pilot,†said his brother-in-law, John Landstreet. “He lived for that and his family. This is just devastating.â€

Leach graduated from Thomas Jefferson High School, where he was a wrestler and worked as a ski instructor, said his brother, Bruce Leach Jr. of Vancouver. He served in the active-duty Army from 1986 to 1992 and was deployed to Operation Desert Storm in 1991.

Leach is survived by his wife, Elizabeth, and their three children – a daughter, 4, and two boys, one 2 years old and one 7 months old. He is also survived by two sons from a previous marriage, 19 and 17.

“He was a devoted husband and father ... and a patriot,†said Elizabeth Scoville Crippen, one of Elizabeth Leach’s best friends. “I loved the way he made her feel. I loved the way he loved her.†Michael Gilbert: 253-597-8921 [email protected]

I am always sorry to hear about the loss of life over there. My heart-felt condolences go out to his family and friends. May the road rise up to meet you and the wind always be at your back.......GOD BLESS!!
I always say thank you to all the men and women of the armed forces when I see them because I feel it is not enough to just say thanks, but it comes from the heart.