Is this a form of Union Busting?

zflygrl

Advanced
Oct 7, 2005
I have just watched some videos on the USAPA site. Nicolau Award and current ALPA litigation Negating the Nicolau award and What Happens To The Nicolau Award?. After listening to these three (of many) video’s it seems to me that USAPA has already become another ALPA…only representing a certain group’s interests. It was made completely obvious that they would only be bargaining for what the east coast pilots want. This in its self is very UN-UNION like. As a matter of fact after watching these videos it seems USAPA is no more than a bully in the playground. The attorney for USAPA basically said, in not so many words, when USAPA gets in they will make a deal with the company to get what THEY want. In a way this whole USAPA mess is no more than a way of “Busting†another union to get what they (the east coast pilots) want. Once again this is very UN-UNION like behavior and unacceptable behavior in my eyes. What will come out of this is hatred…distrust…dissention…and a lack of loyalty. Now if and when the time ever comes for collective talks with the company (under the control of USAPA) and the only pilots on the bargaining team are from the east coast side…what would that say? It would not be fair…equal…or what a union is supposed to be or represent. This whole thing reminds me of a story.

1) Say someone dies and there are two brothers who really don’t like each other. There is a will but when it is read the two brothers don’t agree with it. So they go to court….and this fighting goes on for years. At the end of it both loose and end up with nothing.

USAPA also reminds me of the thugs that the coal barons used to employ to break the heads of the striking workers. After talking to a friend of mine who has a relative in the UK (union member) and telling him all about this…his remarks where that this would not happen there for the ones trying to break the established unions back would be sent to coventry…they would be ostracized and that people would turn their backs on them. He said that this would be just “bloody unacceptable.†He said his members would never unload any aircraft that was flown by such a person. He also said he would pass the word around about what was going on to see how other members of his union felt…and get back with her. So you see this whole mess could have wide ratifications connected to it. The history of unions in this country goes way back to let’s say to the Pullman…now there was bravery….this USAPA fiasco is nothing more than a form of “I’m bigger then you so I’m going to get my own way.â€

Like I said that is not a union way…that is a bully’s way. I wonder what would happen if ALL ALPA pilots from ALL carriers looked away when you past by or told you that you are a disgraceful union buster no higher than a scab? Just a thought.

Now you can all blast away....isn't this country great...I love Freedom of Speach. :up:

February 25, 2008

Machinists Union, Passenger Rights Group Partner to Block Airline Mergers

The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) and the Coalition for an Airline Passengers Bill of Rights (CAPBOR) today announced they would join forces to oppose the potential merger of major U.S. air carriers.

"Airline employees and airline passengers have every right to be concerned about the negative impact of airline consolidation," said IAM's General Vice President Robert Roach, Jr. "Employees and passengers are the two groups essential to an airline's success, yet they are the ones that are most hurt in mergers. Airlines must work with employees and cater to passengers if they expect to succeed."

The IAM and CAPBOR will work together to oppose ill-advised mergers by coordinating legislative efforts and by demonstrating that mega-mergers are not in the best interests of the flying public, airline workers or the cities the airlines currently serve.

"The importance of this alliance cannot be overstated and we look forward to working with the IAM," said Kate Hanni, founder and Executive Director of CAPBOR. "Airline passengers bear the brunt of poor service. Combining two major airlines with diverse corporate cultures is a recipe for disaster."

The Coalition for an Airline Passengers Bill of Rights is the largest non-profit consumer group for airline passengers in the U.S. CAPBOR is the fastest growing grassroots coalition in history with over 21,000 members since being established February 10th, 2007. For additional information visit www.flyersrights.org.

Do you know what he means?

Many years ago there was an EAL Pilot who killed his wife and put her in a woodchipper.

Jealousy will get you nowhere. :mf_boff:

No, that is not jealousy. That is one very sick, perverted and incredibly twisted reference to an equally sick, perverted and twisted act of violence. Makes my stomach turn to even remember that event. To hold that evil man or his actions in high, or in any regard except contempt, speaks volumes about that poster.

OMG…… :down: nostradamus you are one sick flight attendant. :down: But most of you company Kool-Aid drinkers are. All I can say is God bless her. WOW…I think I could have gone my whole life without knowing about this.

Back