Another Tom Davis?

Every CEO since the Usair, Piedmont and PSA merger has been a total loser. From what I see he's our best option. He has a track record, and it's not screwing labor and it's not trying to make a fast buck. Maybe theres a first time for everything. My guess is you are in pit-mech and very worried about your job. I don't blame you. I felt the same way when it appeared Dave was going to turn all but 10 cities to MAA. I like what IM hearing about the man, and I like the way he is talking about adding flights and growing the mainline.

Bronner is not CEO, Lakefield is and they approved Dave's plan and Dave's running of the airline.

There has been no changes in that. And it is screwing labor when we give concessions, they violate our contracts and he is trying to make a buck out of our wallets.

Personally I like Bronner and would have rathered him over TPG. I know he may lack a bit of airline experience.. But hell, Dave had airline expertice and look what happened. Right now you pretty much have to lower costs to compete, get a new pricing structure, more productivity, less bonuses to Management, more point-to point flying, Hate to say this but, YES, more RJ's..... US is so behind the times on this one. Being in the Star Alliance will be good. And as far as everything else goes.. it's a crap shoot. Hit and miss. Hopefully Lakefield and the BOD will listed to the ideas of the labor groups on what they think could help work too. Hopefully there will be more hits than misses.

Maybe it's just me too..Yes I know US is just and investment for RSA, but I know a lot of happy people in AL who are thankful he watches out for them. He does care about people. But he's not going to let this primary interest suffer either.
Just my opinion

Bob,

You say "tougher talk and tougher action" by these two? You've got to be joking...

The Administration in place is the toughest in the business, and we employees just about have had it with the threats and doom and gloom for two years.

They better have quite a drastic, different approach, or they can go down with the heap. :angry:

From Aviation Week....

Lakefield Impresses Union Leaders, Works on US Airways Business Plan
By James Ott
04/25/2004 05:36:58 PM

GLIMMER OF HOPE

The revolving door of top executives at US Airways provides a dash of optimism for the carrier's unions and perhaps the airline itself. But even if new management tempers labor hostilities, the financially weakened seventh-ranked U.S. major airline, unless radically changed, remains vulnerable to the harsher realities of the competitive marketplace and its exacting demands.

Article

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
From Aviation Week....

Lakefield Impresses Union Leaders, Works on US Airways Business Plan
By James Ott
04/25/2004 05:36:58 PM

GLIMMER OF HOPE

The revolving door of top executives at US Airways provides a dash of optimism for the carrier's unions and perhaps the airline itself. But even if new management tempers labor hostilities, the financially weakened seventh-ranked U.S. major airline, unless radically changed, remains vulnerable to the harsher realities of the competitive marketplace and its exacting demands.

Article

Jim
Lakefield only impressed the pilots. They just need to look around the corner. Same management types will be in their negotiations.

Latest posts