MIA TWU Not Recommending No Vote

There a few, the early out money is the #1 good part.
10 yr recall instead of 5.
While there a few others, I would think these two mean the most to the most.

Really? Who would want to come back here between 5 and 10 years from now? After 5 years they would be at top rate at the next carrier and our pay would be less than those carriers pay now.

The Locals' leaderships recommend either a NO vote or a YES vote. But they represent an awful lot of members with different priorities and concerns,
I do feel that many a vote will be made on one's risk of losing his/her job.

Well some recommended a NO vote while giving detailed reasons why, while others, including the International that doesnt have to live under it, concentrated on giving detailed reasons why they should vote yes. Then some claimed they werent telling anyone which way they felt they should vote, nor would they reveal how they themslves would be voting. Some took a position for which they can later be held accountable while others played "Pontius Pilate" and attempted to wash their hands from what they were doing. That way if it passes and people actually realize what they gave up they can turn around and say "I never said vote Yes, I voted NO", if it fails and all the terrible things come to pass they can say "We told you all the reasons to vote Yes, I voted Yes". Sad, shows a complete lack of leadership. If they at least said " You vote for what you think is best, I'm voting Yes and I just told you why" I could respect that, not agree with it, still criticize it, but respect the fact that they took a clear undeniable position, in other words "lead", but for a leader to not reveal the position they are taking when they vote is chickenshit IMO. Sure every member has the right to keep how they vote to themsleves but leaders should be forthcoming on the direction in which they want to lead.

Back