TWU ask for release

I don't get why you're all upset with this. The NMB did not rule on a release yet, they just ordered the parties to sit back down and talk. That's the only way you're going to get an agreement, so why not keep trying to get there?

We asked to be released and we werent, we were told to keep talking, its just a more politically correct way of saying "NO".

I think TWU's actions have shown just the opposite. Asking for a release shows tremendous backbone, even if it's a foolish strategy.

I don't get why you're all upset with this. The NMB did not rule on a release yet, they just ordered the parties to sit back down and talk. That's the only way you're going to get an agreement, so why not keep trying to get there?

Read my post again

I mention nothing about the NMB or Release decisons.

I am simply angered by the years of TWU Slogans and artificial feather ruffling that gets us nowhere in the end. Maybe your lack of 25+ years of watching this ignorance leaves you blinded to my point. We have been here before specifically in 1989 when we ended up with Flex Benefits and started paying out-of-pocket for medical insurance. And after that similar bantering and chest pounding by the TWU, the leadership called paying out-of-pocket an "improved" medical benefit when selling the agreement using mailed advertisements to the members along with the ballot to vote. History tells me we are about to get another TWU shaft but the recent action is a smoke screen to show "they put up the best fight possible" all the while knowing the quid pro quo concessions are coming.

As far as the NMB decision goes, it appears AA Management trumped the request for release by simply pointing out that the TWU has not even conducted a strike vote amongst the membership. This seems to be a fairly important fact and actually adds merit to the idea that the TWU is simply pushing forward a huge smoke screen and not really looking for a release at all. Or of course they are just inept and left themselves with asses hanging out as usual. Either way looks like a rat and smells like one too.

The company made it clear they wish to give us ZERO in terms of pay, ZERO..

I thought the position was a zero cost contract -- that's a big difference from zero pay.

If it's truly zero cost, I'd think that modest raises could be funded by the savings proposed by lifting the various caps (ASM cap, station departures for outsourcing, etc.).

But that's assuming it is truly a zero cost model.

I'd think that modest raises could be funded by the savings proposed by lifting the various caps (ASM cap, station departures for outsourcing, etc.).
Give away the store for a pittance of a raise. That could work. The hell with job security. Who needs it...

There was a structural raise in the last AA offer, so if it is "zero cost" there must be offsets elsewhere, probably on productivity issues.

As for NMB and the release, I don't interpret this as a "no". Might be a "no" for the moment, but if the talks fail again the ball will go back to the NMB court. I hope it doesn't come to that.

There was a structural raise in the last AA offer, so if it is "zero cost" there must be offsets elsewhere, probably on productivity issues.

As for NMB and the release, I don't interpret this as a "no". Might be a "no" for the moment, but if the talks fail again the ball will go back to the NMB court. I hope it doesn't come to that.

There was NO structural raise in our offer ( TWU M&R)

Now, if you referring to the ASTERISK LABELLED part that says the lump sump could be converted to a structural raise based on the MAX hourly charts of WN, FL, B6, CO, US, DL, and UA....NOT GONNA HAPPEN under those the conditions defined.

Like every document and rule and regulation written by AA, the meaning is ambiguous at best.

There was NO structural raise in our offer ( TWU M&R)

Now, if you referring to the ASTERISK LABELLED part that says the lump sump could be converted to a structural raise based on the MAX hourly charts of WN, FL, B6, CO, US, DL, and UA....NOT GONNA HAPPEN under those the conditions defined.

Like every document and rule and regulation written by AA, the meaning is ambiguous at best.
Yes, its like when the company gave us the "me too" clause in 1995.

Back