TWU ask for release

Truth or Consequences? Has Mr. REAM taken over as the companie's LEAD NEGOTIATOR? Is it true he wants to actually PAY US for the YEARS that we have been without a viable CONTRACT? What OTHER news has our Totally Worthless Union suppressed? Didn't the Overland Grp, teach both parties to COMMUNICATE OPENLY and NOT to HOARD/ HIDE/ SPIN OR MUTILATE any useful corporate/professional information?
(Edited by Moderator)

What the hell is this? How long does it take to look at the information and make a decision? They should have enough to make a decision one way or another! If the mediation sessions continue to be scheduled as infrequently as they have been, the Cubs will actually win a world series before there are contracts in place. :( Score another loss for the little guy.
The RLA is an oppressive law. I would love to see it abolished and let us fall under the NLRA. While this panel may be more "labor friendly", or better yet less "hostile" to labor, it is what it is. The sooner Airline workers start open rebelion against this law the better.

There are those who claim that the law is good for labor but they dont usually work under it, when we look at the track record of the NMB its clear that its biased towards the carrier. When conditions are such that labor can make gains they simply deny labor the ability to capitalize on those conditions, however when a carrier is in a postion to extract concessions the self help option is made available right away. The "status qou" is only protected when its in the carriers interests, we saw that with Continental, Eal and NWA. If anybody thinks that the NMB is Neutral they are mistaken. We need to learn from our Brothers and Sisters in Europe or we will end up like our Brothers and Sisters in 3rd world countries.

The company just won some more time to stall and say "But we are making progress, blah, blah, blah." The bottom line is the company wants a ZERO cost contract. Eventually, we will have to be released as they made it clear they will not change their position.

The company is playing a PR game that can possibly fool the investors and flying public, but they cannot fool the employees.

It appears we are now officially prepared for the next TWU Concession Agreement.

Local 514 has two new slogans and the slogan signs have been posted over the base on company walls and property.

"WE ARE EVOLVING AND WE REFUSE TO DISSOLVE - WE ARE TWU"

Along with..

"As long as there is CORPORATE GREED, we will continue to exist - WE ARE TWU"

I am so damn embarrased that leadership places our future in the hands of stupid slogans and a rally that would make the local High School Student Council mad with envy.

Prepare yourself for the conclusion of the ruffled feather failure in negotiations.

If anyone has a clue what these two slogans actually mean, I would be interested to learn the secrets.

I think they mean:

We are dissolving and we resolve to diffuse - we WERE the TWU :blink:

And:

We continue to exist because of our Dues Greed - we WERE the TWU :angry:

If anyone has a clue what these two slogans actually mean, I would be interested to learn the secrets.
After extensive research I believe the first slogan has something to do with the missing link and the resolve of the TWU negotiation's committee to stay together till the end of time.

It appears we are now officially prepared for the next TWU Concession Agreement.

I think TWU's actions have shown just the opposite. Asking for a release shows tremendous backbone, even if it's a foolish strategy.

I don't get why you're all upset with this. The NMB did not rule on a release yet, they just ordered the parties to sit back down and talk. That's the only way you're going to get an agreement, so why not keep trying to get there?

I think TWU's actions have shown just the opposite. Asking for a release shows tremendous backbone, even if it's a foolish strategy.

I don't get why you're all upset with this. The NMB did not rule on a release yet, they just ordered the parties to sit back down and talk. That's the only way you're going to get an agreement, so why not keep trying to get there?

The company made it clear they wish to give us ZERO in terms of pay, ZERO..Their position will not change. They will milk this another 6 months until they get to a poor 4th quarter where they can cry more poverty.

BTW, the TWU is doing this just for show because a few weeks ago a massive NO CONFIDENCE petition has made its way around the system.

As much as I detest the management, I equally detest the TWU leadership for their decades long role in making us pawns in this game.

Local 514 has two new slogans and the slogan signs have been posted over the base on company walls and property.

"WE ARE EVOLVING AND WE REFUSE TO DISSOLVE - WE ARE TWU"

Along with..

"As long as there is CORPORATE GREED, we will continue to exist - WE ARE TWU"

I am so damn embarrased that leadership places our future in the hands of stupid slogans and a rally that would make the local High School Student Council mad with envy.

Prepare yourself for the conclusion of the ruffled feather failure in negotiations.

The slogan referring to corporate greed is the easy one to understand as they (the TWU) are implying they are a check to the greed shown by AMR's (mis)management and the BOD's stupidity. I had heard the other slogan appeared after the soupervisors and such were "ordered" to remove the other posters as the big boys found them offensive (the more fundamental the truth, the more politically incorrect is the expression thereof). I did hesitate, for a moment, referring to the statement as "truth" as the TWU is as much a part of the main problem as the corporate infestation at Centrepork.

Never saw the "no confidence" petition - I would have gladly signed it , preferably in the presence of one of our so-called "representatives".

I'm at TULE - possibly not a popular thing to pass around without incurring the "AMFA" label from the TWU zealots.

Everything that points out the facts regarding TWU failures is labeled AMFA, that is how they continue to get away with inept leadership. Until the blind faithful learn to question the TWU actions with an open mind that the TWU might really have docile industry issues, AMFA will be to blame for all things wrong and all things that highlight failure.

Everything that points out the facts regarding TWU failures is labeled AMFA, that is how they continue to get away with inept leadership. Until the blind faithful learn to question the TWU actions with an open mind that the TWU might really have docile industry issues, AMFA will be to blame for all things wrong and all things that highlight failure.
That's pretty much the size of it, but the "blind faithful" question the TWU? I want some of what you're smoking.

There's no such thing as an open mind around TULE re: union matters, though. Those entrenched are afraid of losing their cushy positions and know full well if the TWU were to go away leaving the base with no representation, they'd be out of a job as the company would immediately do a major flip-flop re: their attitude towards those people. We wouldn't have to worry about getting rid of the "working together" crap - it would disappear overnight.

AMFA LOL! Even the AMFA people at AA really arn't AMFA. Because they should had voted for sloting us TWA'er in. We sloted Ozark/AMFA in! So forget AMFA! Big Dogs take care each other, and we be little dogs, (guess who the big dogs are)?.

Back