Miami Dolphins plane clips another at Dallas airport

Hatu

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
MIA
(CNN) -- It might be a case of illegal clipping.

An American Airlines charter plane carrying the Miami Dolphins home from a losing 30-13 game against the Dallas Cowboys clipped the tail of a parked plane at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport early Thursday morning, forcing both planes out of service and prolonging the team's return.

"That was the biggest hit the Dolphins had all night," quipped one commenter on CNN affiliate WPLG-TV's website.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/30/travel/miami-dolphins-plane-accident/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

My source tells me that it was caused by a couple of bootlickers attempting to show the man what good workers they were and pushed back the aircraft without the requisite number of people. Once again a violation of standard safety procedures results in damage to the aircraft. Since thay are a couple of bootlickers I bet they just get a slap on the wrist instead of some unpaid vacation.Be thankful only 2 aircraft were damaged. It could have cost someone their life but it does need to cost a cpl of people their jobs. Those wannabe heros are now definately zeros.

Reactions: 1 person
My source tells me that it was caused by a couple of bootlickers attempting to show the man what good workers they were and pushed back the aircraft without the requisite number of people. Once again a violation of standard safety procedures results in damage to the aircraft. Since thay are a couple of bootlickers I bet they just get a slap on the wrist instead of some unpaid vacation.Be thankful only 2 aircraft were damaged. It could have cost someone their life but it does need to cost a cpl of people their jobs. Those wannabe heros are now definately zeros.

By any chance, were they mechanics?

Another goldhofer accident... But ya can't blame this on the unit... Wing walking in a truck..

It made the ESPN news... I also talked to a couple of guys who said they used the goldhofer with peeps on board... They made it to Miami @ 7:20 in the morning... haha.. what a trip... I also heard the Dolphins GM called Horton directly..

Not sure yet but gross negligence sure was a factor. We do know they did not use established written procedures so im sure there is a reference somewhere in part 121 or 135 about using the GPM.

Were any FAR's violated?

AA OPS SPECS/Operations manuals for aircraft and handling/flying/maintaining them become basically FARs.

I wouldn't doubt AA loses the Dolphins contract, even this season, if the procedures were violated as in the case of moving an aircraft with passengers with a tug unauthorized to do it.

The NFL is a very touchy about anything going on with team transportation for obvious reasons. I have no doubt being bankrupt was strike one with no other major carriers in CHP 11, but not a problem if things were proven to run well.

Why is it wrong to use the goldhoffer with pax? They do it multiple times a day at LAX. It seems to be ok there, but not in MIA?

Why is it wrong to use the goldhoffer with pax? They do it multiple times a day at LAX. It seems to be ok there, but not in MIA?
It clearly states in Gpm you can't use it! If lax is using it with pax onboard they are in violation of Gpm .

Even if the workers violated AA's procedures by pushing the plane with the wrong kind of tug, isn't the real issue the fact that they negligently pushed the Dolphins' plane into a parked plane?