Miami Dolphins plane clips another at Dallas airport

Why is it wrong to use the goldhoffer with pax? They do it multiple times a day at LAX. It seems to be ok there, but not in MIA?

Just for clarification: this incident took place in DFW not MIA.

Even if the workers violated AA's procedures by pushing the plane with the wrong kind of tug, isn't the real issue the fact that they negligently pushed the Dolphins' plane into a parked plane?

Story of the decade and most of the posts you've every made:

Where was the F-ing AA Manager in charge of an important revenue producing contract?

I'll tell you where. At home at the late hour. Even in normal business hours AA/AMR managers have been Missing in Action for decades including during our recent trying period.

How do I know? I've been there during every leg I've flown in the last 20 years and not once have I seen a AA/AMR Manager take a procative stance and solve a problem where I've been present. These guys from top to bottom suck, and that is with the latest Horton whiz bang managers.

Maybe a clarification is in order. I did see a "suit" at a recent cornerstone high value market city. Of all the problem legs I've dealt with, I did see a AA Manager at the gate for a full LGA departure even though no problems were occuring. You see, he was between me pulling up the flight plan and the agent kicking some "donkey's" while filling up a full jet while this fool stood between us at the podium. I will give hime some credit. Even though he was playing with his Android phone the entire time without a single acknowledgement to me or the agent, he did have the common sense to smoothly get out of the way before I was about tell his arse to hit the road. Don't let anybody tell you an AA Manager doesn't have any skills.

As usual, another AA Manager embarrassment.

Nice work suits. I hope the potted plants in your offices are healthy as usual.

Not sure it's name, but it is always the low rider one that straddles the gear and picks it up. Very fast and usually FULL of passengers.

Here is a photo of the tractor at LAX, moving a 777:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/flyingwithfish/files/2012/06/20120510_AA_LAX_tractor_1570.jpg

Even if the workers violated AA's procedures by pushing the plane with the wrong kind of tug, isn't the real issue the fact that they negligently pushed the Dolphins' plane into a parked plane?
How do you know there is negligence involved?

Accidents do happen.

Not sure it's name, but it is always the low rider one that straddles the gear and picks it up. Very fast and usually FULL of passengers.

I think it's a TRACMAR...really not sure.
But it is designed as a PUSH tractor...Made for pushing off a/c with pax and cargo.

The Goldhofer is a high speed towbarless tractor. I am confident it can be used efficiently with pax on it but the GPM says NO!

It is one thing for a pilot to taxi a loaded a/c at 20-25 mph as the captain is in control.
But I think the concern is having that same loaded a/c be towed at 20-25 mph by a machine that can malfunction being attached to the nose gear.

Oops I Clipped it Again:

Ten of the TWU Industry leading paid freak service clerks standing aroung with hands in thier pockets refusing to push this 767 winglet charter,,,,

Then outta of nowhere Super Suk and his bootlicker sidekick appear in the mighty orange Goldhofer.

Priceless

Reactions: 1 person
How do you know there is negligence involved?

Accidents do happen.

Real simple it takes a minimum of 5 people to push back an airplane. One tug driver, one person to signal the tug driver, two wing walkers and one on the tail. It is my understand they used only two people. Knowing full well they did not have the requisite number of people. That is gross negligence.

Real simple it takes a minimum of 5 people to push back an airplane. One tug driver, one person to signal the tug driver, two wing walkers and one on the tail. It is my understand they used only two people. Knowing full well they did not have the requisite number of people. That is gross negligence.

Regardless of the incident, I sure as hell hope that I am never represented by you in a 29F--and I normally give you a thumbs up for your posts. Talk about making the companies case for them in a public forum. You, like me dont even work at DFW and here you are all but calling for their termination. Are you that desperate for a bump to DFW? So they are a bunch of company men according to everyone here, but what about the company men who are pumping out the metal here with the false hope that the base stays open?

What I am saying is that if they are guilty, let the company determine that--not a public forum.

Reactions: 3 people
Part of the problem is the company's concern of having too many gawkers on the clock, looking to get a glimpse of whatever team is flying on the charter. Guys have got in trouble just for being near it - been called into the office. As a result, now everybody avoids the charters - unless specifically assigned. That does not excuse this guy for trying to be a hero. All those "ata boys" just went down the tubes with this one "awe sh!t".

Now, the only real obstacle coming off the "cowboy pad" would have been the tail of the S80 parked on one of the airfreight pads. Even with one wing walker - that would have been the main obstacle to avoid. Just what the hell was he watching? Why didn't the clerks step up, and serve as guide men? Lotta questions remain unanswered.

Regardless of the incident, I sure as hell hope that I am never represented by you in a 29F--and I normally give you a thumbs up for your posts. Talk about making the companies case for them in a public forum. You, like me dont even work at DFW and here you are all but calling for their termination. Are you that desperate for a bump to DFW? So they are a bunch of company men according to everyone here, but what about the company men who are pumping out the metal here with the false hope that the base stays open?

What I am saying is that if they are guilty, let the company determine that--not a public forum.

Too many people cover for the incompetance of others. I wont. Ive got no problem with an honest mistake. But this was not the case. Thankfully no one lost their lives in this incident but it could have been much worse. Stuff like this happens when you enjoy the taste of shoe leather.

Too many people cover for the incompetance of others. I wont. Ive got no problem with an honest mistake. But this was not the case. Thankfully no one lost their lives in this incident but it could have been much worse. Stuff like this happens when you enjoy the taste of shoe leather.

Ain't that the truth. I see it everyday at my station.

It all pays the same, Bubba..!!!

Reactions: 2 people