Glenn Quagmire said:
World class destination? Cruise Capitol? Latin American gateway?

Best restaurants?

Yes Miami offers all of the above.

What are you looking to see/do? 

Josh

The wife and I are thinking of doing Key West. We may stop over in Miami for a day/night. We had a cruise stop in Key West many years ago and have been wanting to go back ever since.

I have some freinds in Miami but I was looking for a safe hotel in the Hilton chain to stay in that would be close to all the action. I am a diamond member and have a huge number of points to use.

Glenn Quagmire said:
The wife and I are thinking of doing Key West. We may stop over in Miami for a day/night. We had a cruise stop in Key West many years ago and have been wanting to go back ever since.

I have some freinds in Miami but I was looking for a safe hotel in the Hilton chain to stay in that would be close to all the action. I am a diamond member and have a huge number of points to use.

Not really close to the action but the Conrad in Brickell is a nice property and if you are a Diamond you should get a nice suite upgrade.  Honestly most of the Hilton properties are pretty dull in my opinion.  The Westin Diplomat (formerly owned by the Plumbers Pipe fitters union) is being re-flagged to a Hilton branded property sometime any day now.  Its a solid location and away from the Miami beach noise and commotion. 

Josh

737823 said:

Not really close to the action but the Conrad in Brickell is a nice property and if you are a Diamond you should get a nice suite upgrade.  Honestly most of the Hilton properties are pretty dull in my opinion.  The Westin Diplomat (formerly owned by the Plumbers Pipe fitters union) is being re-flagged to a Hilton branded property sometime any day now.  Its a solid location and away from the Miami beach noise and commotion. 

Josh

These days Brickell is definitley close to to the action. There's a Metromover station right across the street - it's a free monorail system - and it can take you anywhere and everywhere downtown very quickly. Lot's of great restaurants, bars and museums without ever needing a car. 

MAH4546 said:
These days Brickell is definitley close to to the action. There's a Metromover station right across the street - it's a free monorail system - and it can take you anywhere and everywhere downtown very quickly. Lot's of great restaurants, bars and museums without ever needing a car.
Well to each their own I suppose. But to me it's primarily a business centric area and weekends evenings it will be deserted although Novecento is a good spot right across the street.

Josh

737823 said:
Well to each their own I suppose. But to me it's primarily a business centric area and weekends evenings it will be deserted although Novecento is a good spot right across the street.
Josh
Um, when's the last time you were there? Has to be 5+ years ago. Brick ell has one of the best and most active nightlifes in the city. Locals have long abandoned South Beach and Coconut Grove and flock to Brickell now. Awesome bars, lounges and food, all open and bust into the early morning.

MAH4546 said:
Um, when's the last time you were there? Has to be 5+ years ago. Brick ell has one of the best and most active nightlifes in the city. Locals have long abandoned South Beach and Coconut Grove and flock to Brickell now. Awesome bars, lounges and food, all open and bust into the early morning.

Was in the area two weeks ago. Admittedly I'm not into nightlife and never really have been. Most of my time is spent around Aventura and Sunny Isles.

Josh