Mid-atlantic Call Sign

Light Years said:
If they felt bad flying a smaller jet they wouldnt have accepted the MAA recall. I seriously doubt the pilots even listened to your dorky remark and certainly were not offended.
Exactly, Light Years.
And correct me if I am wrong, (I hope that I am)but they are now required to wear the "Express" wings on their uniforms instead of their old mainline wings.
Now that is humbling if anything is.
I respect them.

700UW said:
Both IAM (mechanic and related and fleet service) contracts, AFA, CWA and TWU contain the following langauge:

The Company agrees to maintain a minimum fleet size of 279 aircraft (inclusive of maintenance spares), excluding Mid Atlantic regional jet (RJ) aircraft.
LOA 91 does not have such language,

and 16 year Mainline Pilots are now at MDA being paid 1st year Express pay (NO LONGEVITY FOR PAY) while previous Express Pilots are in fact being paid for their Longevity.

Did you catch that?

2 guys go to MDA as C/O's. One who's been at a wholly owned for nine years and the other with a 1988 mainline hire date (16 years). The guy from the wholly owned will make 9TH year pay of $72/hr. while the guy with 16 years at mainline will make $58/hr (first year).

And the most insulting part is that the MDA pilot that is furloughed is being welcomed back as an ACTIVE MAININE Pilot while he gets paid first year Express.

ALPA?! H E L L ! Bring back Seagull!!

PuraVida said:
We landed in ATL last week behind this shiney new EMB-170 in US Airways Express colors. The N number ended in "MA" so I surmised that it must be Mid-Atlantic. It even had the words, "US Airways Express" written across the side.

But here's the part that made me stop and say WTF? When they contacted Ground Control, they used the "US Air" call sign. Huh? Then they did it again with Ramp Control.

Anybody know why they are not using the call sign, "Mid Atlantic"? They are an Express carrier so therefore should not be using the mainline call sign.

After further reflection, we concluded that MA is probably staffed by furloughed mainline pilots who have too much of a hard-on to refer to themselves using some kind of an Express wholly-owned callsign. Hmmm...let's see...Piedmont, Allegheny, and PSA are wholly-owned and treated as the bastard stepchildren of mainline by the mainline pilots but they aren't allowed to use the "US Air" callsign for their flights. So why should Mid-Atlantic?

As a fitting ending to this story, when it was our turn to contact Ground Control, I keyed the mike, stated our call sign, and gave our position as, "On Lima for Ramp #3 behind the US Airways Express SJ".
Who cares.

A320 Driver B)

PuraVida said:
After further reflection, we concluded that MA is probably staffed by furloughed mainline pilots who have too much of a hard-on to refer to themselves using some kind of an Express wholly-owned callsign. Hmmm...let's see...Piedmont, Allegheny, and PSA are wholly-owned and treated as the bastard stepchildren of mainline by the mainline pilots but they aren't allowed to use the "US Air" callsign for their flights. So why should Mid-Atlantic?
Dude, you and your buddy need to reflect a little more. WTF does a call sign have to do with anything. We have a hard on for a better contract, not the authority to use the "USAir" callsign. The bottom line is that the 170 should be at mainline, not only the 170, but the erj, the crj, the dh8 and any bird in the US colors should be at mainline. With that attitude you belong at mesa.

2 guys go to MDA as C/O's. One who's been at a wholly owned for nine years and the other with a 1988 mainline hire date (16 years). The guy from the wholly owned will make 9TH year pay of $72/hr. while the guy with 16 years at mainline will make $58/hr (first year).

Mainline wants it all... Come on give your WO brother/sister something.. throws us a bone every once in awhile.... For years, and years the W/O have had to deal with being craped on, by mainline, and mesa (with its RJ's) and the list goooooo's on.. So what if we are allowed to take longevity over to MDA.... Man, find something else to cry about...

Boeingboy said,

That's ok, if he was going to ramp 3 he's not one of ours anyway.

Hey! There are quite a few of us over on ramp-3 that USED to be "one of yours".

1879 furloughed guys and you dont think that a few of them crossed the fence to other RJ carriers?

Might be furloughed, but I still care about you guys -- hopefully that still entitles me to, at the very least, be "one of yours".

-Mike

N607P said:
US Airways Express operated by MidAtlantic Airways operated by US Airways...only with this company.

::shakes head::
Lawrdy.... that makes me glad I'm not in Res anymore. I hated having to say "US Airways express operated by ......". The public doesn't care and don't really need to know. If they want to know, they ask... always have and always will. The plane says US Airways and that's all that should matter. :rolleyes:

Furloughedagain,

Sorry, Mike - that thought didn't cross my mind, although what I meant but phrased badly was that it wasn't one of our Express flights.

My apologies again.

Jim

WSurf said:

Mainline wants it all... Come on give your WO brother/sister something.. throws us a bone every once in awhile.... For years, and years the W/O have had to deal with being craped on, by mainline, and mesa (with its RJ's) and the list goooooo's on.. So what if we are allowed to take longevity over to MDA.... Man, find something else to cry about...
Dude you missed the point.

The injustice isn't you keeping your longevity, it is the other guys not keeping theirs.

As always, it is not the other employees that are your enemy (except for the daffodil club and CM).

No sweat Jim,

Best of luck to you guys with your new leadership. Make sure you wave as you taxi by ramp 3 next time. There's a bunch of us over there with US Airways uniforms sitting in the back of our closets.

We'll be the ones taking a break from our RJ preflight to watch you taxi by. The memories bring a smile to our faces, even if just for a moment.

Now that the tables are turned you guys cry the blues. For years the wholly-owned pilots asked for flow-through. For years you laughed at them. Then 9-11 comes and you want a flow-back which was really a "flush down". You let Mesa operate RJ's at the expense of the WO's. Now they are the cancer consuming your body. "SJ" was a term coined by the mainline US Air pilots. Once again...penis envy Light Years. Mainline couldn't fathom an Express pilot flying a jet and since the word "regional" comprises something other than "air taxi", they had to re-write the dictionary and come up with SJ - Small Jet.
So now they make deals with the devil, moan about the wages THEY negotiated, and at the same time cast off PDT and ALG as expendable. Your Mid-Atlantic SJ says "US Airways Express" on the side. You are therefore an Express carrier. Welcome to the world the rest of us have lived in for years.

PuraVida,

At the risk of having the moderators smack me down you are a complete dolt.

Your original post had to do with the Mid-Atlantic call sign being "USAir". If you could see through you're absolute vail of hatred and envy, you would see that the reason is that Mid-Atlantic, right or wrong, operates on the US Airways FAA certificate.

Most people on here know me not be a union or management shill, but jeesh, you are so off.

Latest posts