"midatlantic" F/a Incentive Package

Light Years said:
I think they are pretty much through with the AFA in general. Those efforts have been put into the lawsuit. In fact I think the AFA is named alongside the company in the suit? The pilots are suing ALPA.
[post="309207"][/post]​
Yes AFA US Republic and AWA (now US)

Question: If you don't stay until the bitter end and accept involuntary furlough, do you lose your mainline "recall" rights?

There has been a similar problem for furloughed AA flight attendants who went to American Eagle. If they are terminated at AE for any reason--and remember, during probation they can furlough you because they don't like the way you part your hair--they lose their mainline recall rights. They can, however, resign from AE without losing AA recall rights.

jimntx said:
Question:  If you don't stay until the bitter end and accept involuntary furlough, do you lose your mainline "recall" rights?
[post="309211"][/post]​

No. The only way recall rights can be lost is if you go to the division and quit within 90 days of return. No one is in that situation. If you were terminated while in the division, you are of course terminated from US. There was no probationary period for F/As returning to US/"MAA".

Every one of them is free to give thier notice whenever they please and retain recall rights to the "non-divsion mainline", whatever that is worth.

If they chose to go to a wholly-owned (the closest example to American Eagle) or Express affiliate they go on thier own accord and what happens there has no relation to thier status as a US Airways flight attendant. They are seperate companies (even the owned ones), so if that was the route you took you'd be dealing with your new company. None of those airlines ask for you to give up your recall rights, but you are not actually working for US Airways as you were in the division.

Light Years said:
None of those airlines ask for you to give up your recall rights, but you are not actually working for US Airways as you were in the division.

Thanks. That's what I thought, but MDA was such a different corporate arrangement--subsidiary, yes, no, maybe--without a separate certificate. It was confusing. :unsure:

mdarules said:
Man B. Riggle sure negotiated that one good - what a tool she is!!! I say we pass out a resignation letter and everyone sign it and be done - then let them figure out what to do!!

mad rules-
Since you're not happy with the package, that the company didn't HAVE to offer, why don't you tell them that you don't want to be a part of it, and forfeit yours.....

You know, you are always free to find employment elsewhere.....

Didn't think so.....

Light Years said:
No. The only way recall rights can be lost is if you go to the division and quit within 90 days of return. No one is in that situation. If you were terminated while in the division, you are of course terminated from US. There was no probationary period for F/As returning to US/"MAA".

Every one of them is free to give thier notice whenever they please and retain recall rights to the "non-divsion mainline", whatever that is worth.

If they chose to go to a wholly-owned (the closest example to American Eagle) or Express affiliate they go on thier own accord and what happens there has no relation to thier status as a US Airways flight attendant. They are seperate companies (even the owned ones), so if that was the route you took you'd be dealing with your new company. None of those airlines ask for you to give up your recall rights, but you are not actually working for US Airways as you were in the division.

Not exactly true-
There are still some FA's at MAA who have not completed their 90 days.

MAABoss said:
mdarules said:
Man B. Riggle sure negotiated that one good - what a tool she is!!! I say we pass out a resignation letter and everyone sign it and be done - then let them figure out what to do!!
mad rules-
Since you're not happy with the package, that the company didn't HAVE to offer, why don't you tell them that you don't want to be a part of it, and forfeit yours.....

You know, you are always free to find employment elsewhere.....

Didn't think so.....
[post="309235"][/post]​

You are just too funny - just so you know i am not in it for the money (obviously) and the only reason I am staying is so I can quit at the most critical point to the company - I may have been born at night but not last night ... LOL !!! The package is a joke and everyone knows that - You sat in the room with mgmt and negotiated I think - something that would have been better off not even negotiating it is so moot and pointless ... you can not negotiate which is why you were appointed to the position by T.X. and so she can play you like a puppet as stated before., Threats Threats Threats that is all we hear - That is a sorry excuse and makes you look even more stupid to fall for it!!!

The company didn't have to offer anything but would be wise to if they really want to keep the 170s in operation over the next nine months of transition time to the outsourcing outfit.

The results are pretty pokey and are stuff they should have had anyway. Four hour OPR- considering you're only getting paid for 3.5 hours, what idiot allowed it to be 8 to begin with? Sitting at the airport for 5 unpaid hours? What other job allows crap like that? And why on earth would that entice someone to stay working for a few months until the replacement workers have been trained and the company is ready to dispose of them?

The incentive package is having the opposite effect than intended. They didn't have to offer anything, but it's the F/As that have the company by the balls this time, and not the opposite. This is the one opportunity where the employees have the upper hand. They need the MAA folks for the short term.

Aside from Teddy Xidas no one is very successful against the evil Jerry Glass. As a result they have a package that just insults people all the more to make them put alot of thought into thier resignation and it's timing.

This thing is just a disaster.

From another website... questions from an "MAA" status F/A. They bring up an interesting point regarding "bringing the job you had on day one."

(Quote)
=================================================
1. Since MDA is Division of US Airways, and my paystub reflects that
US Airways is paying me.... Am I considered ACTIVE flight attendant
at mainline?

2. Because of the merger with AWA, are Longevity, Proper Place on
Seniority List, and my recall rights in jeopardy?

3. Is there intent to get rid of all furloughed F/As because of the
merger? and this question goes back to and repeats...am I ACTIVE or
furloughed?

4. Flight Attendants coming back in December were NOT on the
property on the day of the merger, yet MDA f/a's were on the
property. Will they be considered furloughed flight attendants and
if Question #3 is yes...then do they risk dismissal before MDA
flight attendants since they were NOT ACTIVE on the day of merger
and MDA flight attendants were active?

5. RE: Independent Lawsuit
if in fact longevity, seniority list placement, and recall are in
jeopardy and are lost due to merger/working at MDA, and they are
awarded back in the lawsuit, do the people who are NOT a part of the
lawsuit lose these. How will these 2 groups (those participating in
lawsuit/those that are not) be divided?

6. Does the AFA have lawsuit regarding these issues? have they
filed grievances?

7. Have I missed all the AFA meetings at MDA? Are there any? Where
are the times and dates posted? Haven't gotten any emails, notices
etc when our meetings are?????

Thanks very much for answering these questions. All of this is very
confusing and stressful. Thanks again.
====================================================

(Quote)

I do know the answer to number one... the company and the union considers you INACTIVE/Involuntarily furloughed. The AFA however still takes your money each month as an active US Airways Flight Attendant.

According to the IRS and the FAA you are employed by US Airways Inc, job description "Flight Attendant." But US Airways and the AFA swear you are not active. :rolleyes:

Oh, and number three... it sure seems like it.

Number 6, no, but they are trying to rush out a contract (1.5 years later) to cover thier asses against the lawsuit.

And number 7, there isn't and never has been a single meeting once in the year and a half the division has been operating.

DCAflyer said:
LY,

The company cannot train people, either outside "new hires" or current Boeing/Airbus Division ("BAD") employees. The Embraer division does not have an FAA certified training program, which I belive takes months to put together (manuals, training the trainers, hiring, etc). Neither new hires nor "BAD" employees can be door trained because the door mock-up has been sold and delivered to Republic already, who needs it to train permanent replacements for the Embraer division flight attendants... no training door, no ability to train, other than taking a badly needed E-170 A/C out of commission for the sole purpose of condcting door training and certification. Oh, yeah... and they would have to ferry the A/C to CLT because there is no scheduled E-170 service there.

The company is between the proverbial rock and hard place, and management is so stupid they don't even realize that yet.

Oh, and using the "BAD" acronym should not in any way imply that I believe employees from the Boeing/Airbus Division are sub-par, or bad. In fact, BAD employees are great!

Regards,
DCAflyer
[post="309191"][/post]​

From Yahoo News:

To help lure back workers, New Orleans-area Burger King restaurants are paying higher wages than they did before Hurricane Katrina. The burger chain is also offering employees bonuses of $500 at the end of every month for up to a year, according to Myrna Schultz, vice president of marketing and development for Burger King's New Orleans-area franchisee, Strategic Restaurants Acquisition Corp.

Full Story

Wow... even Burger King values its employees better than US Airways values E-170 flight attendants... the burger flippers get a bonus of two and a half times what US Airways is paying. This really puts their pathetic offer in perspective, doesn't it!

-DCAflyer

DCAflyer said:
From Yahoo News:

To help lure back workers, New Orleans-area Burger King restaurants are paying higher wages than they did before Hurricane Katrina. The burger chain is also offering employees bonuses of $500 at the end of every month for up to a year, according to Myrna Schultz, vice president of marketing and development for Burger King's New Orleans-area franchisee, Strategic Restaurants Acquisition Corp.

Full Story

Wow... even Burger King values its employees better than US Airways values E-170 flight attendants... the burger flippers get a bonus of two and a half times what US Airways is paying. This really puts their pathetic offer in perspective, doesn't it!

-DCAflyer

[post="309475"][/post]​

LOL , this is unbelievable to think that the bonus that a BKing employee makes at the end of the month is half my monthly salary and that they still have their original salary to look forward to!! I hope E-170 employess F^^k them up the A^^ hard~~