Midatlantic F/a Questions

Light Years

Veteran
Aug 27, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Since the first training class for F/As started today, here's some questions:

*What was the last seniority number this class ended with?

*How are they determining how long training is for each individual?

*Where is training being held?

*When is the next class?

*When do notices go out, and to how many/what seniority?

*How is training?

*When do the first plane/s arrive, and then how many a month?

*Last we heard was 40 planes this year, 400 F/As. Does that mean ten classes of 40 or so, one a month?

Thank you to anyone who can answer. If anyone else has more questions post them as well. Hopefully a real life MAA F/A can help out if they have web access?

*Also, for the current class of 38, how many were there that turned it down?

*And without saying specifically, are the F/A being put up at the same place they were for Initial Training?

LT: I think if you go back to Mid Atlantic Jobs...Flight Attendants...on page 2, you will find some of your questions. Not all though. Twicebaked had some info, I believe and well as Colby. :D

This from a posting on the ALPA website. It is a comparison of "benefit" costs at MDA vs mainline per month for this one pilot. Don't know if the other employee groups will be similiar or not.

Benefit Mainline MDA
Medical + family $ 131 $ 267
Dental $ 13.70 $ 22.80
AD&D family 300K $ 11.40 $ 135
Additional life ins
130,000 $ 40.95 $ 47.06

Total $ 197.05 $ 471.86

There is only one option for the medical 80/20. The doctor visits are based on 20% of the cost - not a set copay. No 100% coverage for dental - it's 50% copay!!!

Jim

I haven't heard anymore...called friend that was in training yesterday..waiting on response....

PitBull posted a thread that said that changes were being made and NOT TO Pay attention to AFA website.... Don't know when or if they will update there !!!!!

Light.... Did you recieve the AFA E-Line today ?????

So according to this our Union is Currently in Negotiations still to which one aspect has me Pretty PISSED !!!!!

They are trying to negotiate that a Main Line Flight Attendant can BID MID ATLANTIC :angry: .... It has been my understanding from the 1st time I heard MidAtlantic's name that it was for FURLOUGHED PILOTS AND FLIGHT ATTENDANTS ... Which is only fair to those on Furlough !!!! True a lot of us have been applying and interviewing with other Airlines...But, when the job wasn't offered to us we always heard the same thing..."There's always Mid Atlantic"... Which helped us keep our heads up and move on..... If this does go through...What happens to the Furloughed Flight Attendants... Are they gonna give us the Main Line Positions that have opened up .... YEAH RIGHT.... Well, Most of us would be willing to Work Mainline NO MATTER WHAT... Remember we pretty much all WERE RESERVES when we were Furloughed !!!!!

Colby: my heart goes out to you and Light Years. I can only hope that I may have had the opportunity to have really flown with you guys. Things really suck right now. I have spent most alll of my time with US on reserve (save 1 year). But I am back at the bottome of the barrel. I am ready to quit. Seriously,It is no fun and all of my fellow co-workers in my(our) shoes feel the same. I have no desire to go to work... and the company is making me feel like I need to go to a doctor for serious help.Oh the stories...I could tell you of what we are going through. It isn't any fun at all.

:( :( <_<

Colby said:

So according to this our Union is Currently in Negotiations still to which one aspect has me Pretty PISSED !!!!!

They are trying to negotiate that a Main Line Flight Attendant can BID MID ATLANTIC :
They will never ever get that. The union can nego. till they are blue. It is not going to happen.
No offense Pitbull

BoeingBoy said:
This from a posting on the ALPA website. It is a comparison of "benefit" costs at MDA vs mainline per month for this one pilot. Don't know if the other employee groups will be similiar or not.

Benefit Mainline MDA
Medical + family $ 131 $ 267
Dental $ 13.70 $ 22.80
AD&D family 300K $ 11.40 $ 135
Additional life ins
130,000 $ 40.95 $ 47.06

Total $ 197.05 $ 471.86

There is only one option for the medical 80/20. The doctor visits are based on 20% of the cost - not a set copay. No 100% coverage for dental - it's 50% copay!!!

Jim
Wow, Boieng boy,

Haven't seen the medical SPD yet. Those costs are outrageous for these folks. They want our f/as to pay for 6 months the entire cost of the premium with no co. ontribution. You are just citing the employee contribution part, hell, wonder what the entire premium is. The co. thinks our f/as are going to pay it or not have coverage.

We will fight this BIG in negotiations.

Twicebaked said:
Colby said:

They are trying to negotiate that a Main Line Flight Attendant can BID MID ATLANTIC :
They will never ever get that. The union can nego. till they are blue. It is not going to happen.
No offense Pitbull
Geezus folks,

LOOK AT THE WINTER RESTRUCTURING AGREEMENT UNDER MAA.

It states mainline can bid for it.

You guys kill me. You expect AFA to bust their own agreement. You guys know what contract language means?????

Twice,

Say what you will....AFA can always serve a sec. 6, and put this baby to bed. AFA has the right to pull that one anytime. Did you know that?

Colby said:

They are trying to negotiate that a Main Line Flight Attendant can BID MID ATLANTIC :angry: .... It has been my understanding from the 1st time I heard MidAtlantic's name that it was for FURLOUGHED PILOTS AND FLIGHT ATTENDANTS ... Which is only fair to those on Furlough !!!! True a lot of us have been applying and interviewing with other Airlines...But, when the job wasn't offered to us we always heard the same thing..."There's always Mid Atlantic"... Which helped us keep our heads up and move on..... If this does go through...What happens to the Furloughed Flight Attendants... Are they gonna give us the Main Line Positions that have opened up .... YEAH RIGHT.... Well, Most of us would be willing to Work Mainline NO MATTER WHAT... Remember we pretty much all WERE RESERVES when we were Furloughed !!!!!
Colby,

Much has changed since you left mainline. You won't recognize the job when you return. And there will someday be slots open on mainline if we remain open and U doesn't sell mainline off.

Any f/a on MAA can not be displaced to the street by a bid to MAA from an active f/a. It is only when slots become available. WE ARE ONE SENIORITY LIST. I hope you guys understand what that means.

Trust, there will not be many f/as bid for MAA. ONly those who want to be based in PIT or those who are fearful of displacements. No one else will go. So its folks around your seniority who want to be based in Pittsburgh and not shoved out.

The company has gone through half the INVOL furlough list. They will be pulling from the street by year's end. The negotiating committee is doing everything in their power to protect our furloughees. EVERYTHING WITHIN OUR POWER. Don't look at "face value" yet. You are not getting the full details. Negoiations are still in early stages. Keep in mind that work rules, wages, and benefits are Am Eagle which was ratified by most of you all before you were furloughed. And we are still trying to improve that as well as the periphery language.

PITbull said:
Twice,

Say what you will....AFA can always serve a sec. 6, and put this baby to bed. AFA has the right to pull that one anytime. Did you know that?
This is another example of how the union eats their young. This is my opinion. Did you know that?
MAA is the ONE thing that these JUNIOR f/as have that the snior folks cannot touch.
Once again, the union is ONLY looking out for the senior folks.
You suprise me on this one Pitbull.
You always say on here that the union looks out for the junior folks. WHEN?
I certainly don't see it here.
This was NEVER an issue UNITL US threatened to close PIT. NOW, the union wants to protect it's most senior folks.......great way to protect the junior work force.
Also, if section 6 is what is felt neccessary, you might as well start looking for a new job. The AFA will shut the place down.
Don't get me wrong, I like the AFA, but NOT if they are going to screw the junior force AGAIN.

TWice,

You are way out of line on this. You know me better than that, and you obviously are outside the issue. :angry:

Unions don't shut any company down. I'm surprised you would say something like that. AFA looks out for the interest of ALL f/as. We don't pick and choose sub groups. Screw the junior folks again, you say? When exactly did we screw the junior folks the first time, my friend? Please enlighten me? :angry:

If you think senior folks will go to MAA you are delutional. Read the contract again Twice.