MIRROR, MIRROR ON THE WALL.........

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/24/2002 12:54:09 PM A320 Driver wrote:

Good post Cav,
It's the person, not the job description.

A320 Driver
----------------
[/blockquote]
-----------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely so, most pilots I know are top shelf; I hunt and fish with a few, and I'm damn choosey about who I let around me with a loaded firearm. There are jackasses wherever you go, although I will have to say the pilot jackasses I've had the misfortune of dealing with have raised jackassery to an art form.

As far as the pension deal, the way I see it, when ALPA sneezes, agents get pneumonia. ALPA will not stand by and unilaterally take cuts - they're saying everybody has to give. I'd be good with that if we started from the same baseline, but we didn't. I'm not going to go thru all of that again; the fact is to meet the latest bogey number, fleet is going to have thousands of current mainline agents converted to express. As money is fungible, some of that savings is going towards U's pension liability - and agents are not part of the pension problem.

I'm also cool with pilots making a bunch more than I do, and retiring with a bunch more than I do; it's the asymetrical outcomes, percentage-wise, that drive me up the wall.

US Airways, ALPA, PBGC, Senator Specter, and members of the Bush Administration will meet at the White House on Friday, December 27 to discuss the Defined Benefit pension problem.

The Company and ALPA are appealing the PBGC decision to reject the proposed retirement plan restoration funding; however, if the members above fail to over turn the PBGC's decision, I expect Specter to broker an acceptable deal.

Chip

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/24/2002 8:49:05 AM gilbertguy wrote:
[P]Good news for our 737 pilots....WN will be hiring 200+ pilots in 2003....[BR]IAM gets payraises and stock/benefit boosts for ground service agents.... [IMG src="http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/15.gif"] [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]Gilbert, WN's Fleet are TWU, inside agents and reservations are IAM

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/25/2002 9:30:12 AM Biffeman wrote:

[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 12/24/2002 8:49:05 AM gilbertguy wrote:

Good news for our 737 pilots....WN will be hiring 200+ pilots in 2003....
IAM gets payraises and stock/benefit boosts for ground service agents.... [IMG src="http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/15.gif"] [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]

[/P]Gilbert, WN's Fleet are TWU, inside agents and reservations are IAM
----------------
[/blockquote]
Sorry....I meant to say inside agents/rez got new contract deal....

I am a current WN AMT and former U AMT. I had a bad attitude at U, a very bad one. I was bumped from city to city the whole 7 years there. Im not saying it was the companies fault or the unions fault. It was a combination of both. I never had a attitude at my previous company prior to U and I most certainly do not have one at WN. We have hired quite a few AMTs here at WN and none of them have attitudes. IMO it was the work enviornment at U that caused my attitude, and Im sure it is causing some serious attitudes right now. Not everyone WN hires is a cheerleader and the company doesn't care, they just want good people willing to play well with others. I believe most people we hire will be so happy to be with a great company that bad attitudes will be checked at the door, (left at U), it happened that way with me. Merry Christmas to everyone.