Miss. school prom off after lesbian's date request

A sodomy law is a law that defines certain sexual acts as sex crimes. The precise sexual acts meant by the term sodomy are rarely spelled out in the law, but are typically understood by courts to include any sexual act which is unnatural. It also has a range of similar euphemisms. These acts typically include oral sex, anal sex and bestiality; IN PRACTICE SUCH LAWS HAVE RARELY BEEN ENFORCED AGAINST HETEROSEXUAL COUPLES. Sodomy laws can be found around the world. Today, consensual homosexual acts between adults are illegal in about 70 out of the 195 countries of the world; in 40 of these, only male-male sex is outlawed.

Sodomy laws in the United States, laws primarily intended to outlaw certain sexual acts concerning sodomy, were historically pervasive, but have been invalidated by the 2003 Supreme Court decision Lawrence v. Texas. While they were OFTEN ORIGINALLY INTENDED TO OUTLAW SEX ACTS BETWEEN HOMOSEXUALS, many definitions were broad enough to make certain heterosexual acts illegal as well.

HOW SPECIAL.

The laws were also written to make more successful prosecution of pedophiles. Now we all know (At least I hope we do) that pedophila and homesexualaliy are entirely different,

HOWEVER, here is a point to ponder. Since the "Homo Promo" and some science supports that homosexuals are born that way does it not follow that pedophiles are also "Wired" at birth also? The recidivism rate on sex offenders is staggering which supports that assumption. Also be aware the there is now a growing incidence of Pedophiles demanding the same rights as gays and lesbians. Ever hear of NAMBLA???

If we grant Gay's and Lesbians "Rights" as they define them don't we in turn have to grant those rights to pedophiles???? Or are we just moving the target/double standard?

A law on the books whether enforced or not, still infringes upon my rights. Suppose I'm in ahotel room in rural Georgia and some ofver zealous Southern Baptist Sheriff/Minister aressts me and charge me with sodomy? When it's you sitting home watching TV you can say "It Rarely happens" However I I'm in the cell on a felony charge then it's an epidemic in my mind. It depends which side of the cell door you're on doesn't it?

The laws were also written to make more successful prosecution of pedophiles. Now we all know (At least I hope we do) that pedophila and homesexualaliy are entirely different,

HOWEVER, here is a point to ponder. Since the "Homo Promo" and some science supports that homosexuals are born that way does it not follow that pedophiles are also "Wired" at birth also? The recidivism rate on sex offenders is staggering which supports that assumption. Also be aware the there is now a growing incidence of Pedophiles demanding the same rights as gays and lesbians. Ever hear of NAMBLA???

If we grant Gay's and Lesbians "Rights" as they define them don't we in turn have to grant those rights to pedophiles???? Or are we just moving the target/double standard?

A law on the books whether enforced or not, still infringes upon my rights. Suppose I'm in ahotel room in rural Georgia and some ofver zealous Southern Baptist Sheriff/Minister aressts me and charge me with sodomy? When it's you sitting home watching TV you can say "It Rarely happens" However I I'm in the cell on a felony charge then it's an epidemic in my mind. It depends which side of the cell door you're on doesn't it?

Are you freaking kidding me? What part of minors and consenting adults are you not clear about? Unfreaking believable. I expected better from you Sparrow.

So what happened in 1973 other than an agenda ??

Perhaps they realized that the same 'science' used to determine this was the same science that stated blacks were genetically inferior to white.

Not all science is good science. Good science is based on provable theories or supported by evidence. Neither of the above examples falls into that category.

Are you freaking kidding me? What part of minors and consenting adults are you not clear about? Unfreaking believable. I expected better from you Sparrow.

Ever hear of the "Slippery Slope"?

I'm am avid surfer of the web, websites devoted to the lunatic fringe are my speciality. I cal it "Knowing your enemy". Consider this from NAMBLA on wikipedia. Then compare and contrast

The North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) is a New York City and San Francisco-based unincorporated organization in the United States that advocates the liberalization of laws against sexual relations between adult and minor males - resolving to "end the oppression of men and boys who have freely chosen mutually consenting relationships". NAMBLA also calls for "the adoption of laws that both protect children from unwanted sexual experiences and at the same time leave them free to determine the content of their own sexual experiences

For more on NAMBLA check out this FAQ

FAQ

This is scarry stuff folks. I think the definition of "Rights" has a whole different meaning and context in 1776 then it does in 2010

And, I expected that narrow-minded, ignorant response.

Bother way, back on topic...........a JUDGE ruled that HER RIGHTS were VIOLATED: http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/03/23/McMillens_School_Wrong_But_Prom_Wont_Have_to_Go_On/

the SCHOOL WAS WRONG.

And, I expected that narrow-minded, ignorant response.

Bother way, back on topic...........a JUDGE ruled that HER RIGHTS were VIOLATED: http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2010/03/23/McMillens_School_Wrong_But_Prom_Wont_Have_to_Go_On/

the SCHOOL WAS WRONG.

Of COURSE the school was wrong, even if only from a political point of view.. Once you get into public funding, a school district must comply with Federal Law. Debating the morality is foolish and really shouldn't even be attempted as this one was and is a matter of law. The law is pretty clear since it wasn't merely a dress code issue.

I would like to ask the school board members what exactly was the thought process regarding their decision? Especially given the climate of Politicals Correctness. A PC culture that portrays everyone from MS, LA, AL, GA are uneducated rednecks incapable of thought (Meaning not buying into the Liberal PC agenda) Kinda sad the ACLU can't sue the culture

If you read the entire article, you'll note this matter has not been fully ajudicated and a great many things could happen. What I find interesting is that the judge has ruled in such a way that it clears the way for the young lady to sue for damages. So once again it looks like it all comes down to money. Makes this poster wonder if that was the goal all along?

So once again it looks like it all comes down to money. Makes this poster wonder if that was the goal all along?

Why shouldnt she sue?
They CHOSE to discriminate, violate her rights instead of:

http://www.365gay.com/news/gay-student-to-bring-boyfriend-to-prom/

Of COURSE the school was wrong, even if only from a political point of view.. Once you get into public funding, a school district must comply with Federal Law. Debating the morality is foolish and really shouldn't even be attempted as this one was and is a matter of law. The law is pretty clear since it wasn't merely a dress code issue.

interesting, since that wasnt your answer days ago:

When the actions of two people because of their beliefs and/or preferences cause directly or indirectly an annual tradition to be cancelled then you do have the makings of the tyranny of the minority.

Politically wrong? BS! No one was running for office. It was legally wrong. They discriminated based on ignorance, hatred and fear. The south is portrayed as ignorant hate full red necks because when crap like this happens, there seem to be pretty good odds that it will be in the south. Slavery and segregation took place primarily in the south. Sexism while pervasive through out society seems to have that little extra :barefoot and pregnant' feel to it in the south. I do not know what it is about the south but damn, they just keep shooting them selves in the foot with crap like this.

I am so tired of the "Oh now they can sue for money" the greedy little bastards. Here is the deal. Since most people seem to have a problem doing what is right with out some incentive, the legal system has seen fit to provide the incentive in the form of money. Ford figured it would be cheaper to produce the Pinto as is even though their engineers told them it was flawed and it could cost people lives. Ford as I recall, figured at the time that it would be cheaper to fight off a few law suites for a few dollars then to fix the problem. They were wrong. Money is what makes the world go wrong. If this school district faces a financial penalty, perhaps the people will deal with the administrators who made this hair brained decision and who ever takes their place will think twice about any bigoted decision they make. The only sad part is if there is a financial penalty, it will be the school district (tax payer) who suffers.

Sure blame the PC culture. Don't blame the idiots who hate. Don't blame the idiots who cannot accept others for who they are and allow them equal rights. Don't blame the racists. Don't blame the bigots. Don't blame the sexists. Don't blame the homophobics. It seems far easier to blame the victims. Easier to ban the books. Sure there are times when PC has gone over board, but I believe more often than not, it's the idiots who have crossed the line. Treat people fairly. Do not deny them equal treatment under the law. Treat them as full citizens and perhaps the ACLU will not have to fight all these battles.

As for your NAMBLA BS. They can argue till they are blue in the face. I see no indication that it is gaining any type of traction. Aside from study after study that shows males mature slower than females, were it to happen it would be for all children not just males and therefore not a violation of the 14th.

Other than that, I can see how people would equate the desire to marry who one chooses and the desire to screw a minor. Those two issues are definitely on equal footing. Seriously?

Why shouldnt she sue?
They CHOSE to discriminate, violate her rights instead of:

http://www.365gay.com/news/gay-student-to-bring-boyfriend-to-prom/

She's free to sue if she so choses. Just suppose the happy "Couple" did this whole thing as a way to get money via lawsuit?

What if their Lesbianism is a short lived as there noteriety? Just because you stand in a garage doesn't make you a car.

She's free to sue if she so choses. Just suppose the happy "Couple" did this whole thing as a way to get money via lawsuit?

What if their Lesbianism is a short lived as there noteriety? Just because you stand in a garage doesn't make you a car.

Would you have assumed that Rosa Parks was just in it for the fame and glory as well? Do you have a shred of evidence to support your theory that the two girls in question are just in it for the fame? US legal system is based on innocence till proven guilty.

Would you have assumed that Rosa Parks was just in it for the fame and glory as well? Do you have a shred of evidence to support your theory that the two girls in question are just in it for the fame? US legal system is based on innocence till proven guilty.

Rosa Parks act of civil disobedience and extreme courage is not even in the same league. To compare what Ms Parks did in the context of the time in which she did it with the actions of two high school kids is an insult. Rosa Parks pur her life in grave danger for Freedom & Liberty.To me it's like comparing the invention of the telephone with the invention of the zipper. IOW no comparrison

The 50+ years between Rosa Parks historic stand and the MS lesbian prom affair a great deal has changed. We now truely live in the world Andy Warhol predicted. I have no earthly idea what is/was going on in the MS incident, partly because I don't care.

It was just an analogy. Don't get your panties in a wad. I do not think the difference is as great as you make it out. he only reason Ms. Parks life was in jeopardy and the two girls in MS are not is due to the fact that lynchings and cross burnings are not as acceptable in today's society. There have been several incidents that I can recall where gays have been murdered over their life style

If yo do not care about the MS issue and have no idea what's going on then why even mention the idea that they are in it for the money? There is nothing to support the belief.

Latest posts