More From The Hero of The Stupid

SparrowHawk

Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
1. EPA Threatens North Dakota Oil Boom

Oil production in North Dakota has boomed to the point that the state now produces nearly as much oil each day as OPEC member Ecuador.

But a decision by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) could bring a halt to the boom that has virtually eliminated unemployment in North Dakota.

The state now has 200 rigs pumping 440,000 barrels of oil daily in the Bakken shale formation, according to the Heartland Institute. The state’s unemployment rate is holding at just 3.5 percent, with many oil industry jobs paying more than $100,000 a year, and “we have 18,000 jobs looking for people,” North Dakota Republican Rep. Rick Berg told The Hill.

“If our country’s GDP grew at 7 percent, as it does in [my] state, most of our problems would be over in two years.”

The North Dakota legislature is using some of the state’s oil revenue to fund $1.2 billion in infrastructure improvements, including roads and schools. Public schools will receive $340 million in oil-related revenues over the next two years, and oil money will pay for a disaster relief fund and a reduction in property taxes.

Also, the legislature has ordered that 30 percent of the funds from the state’s 6.5 percent oil extraction tax be sent to the state’s Legacy Fund, which cannot be touched until 2017, when accrued interest will become available for spending.

One reason for the boom: “The regulatory environment was already low in North Dakota, certainly better than California’s and some other oil-producing states,” said Brett Narloch, executive director of the North Dakota Policy Council.

“As we move forward with oil production, I expect the business environment to get better."

Most of the Bakken shale production is occurring on private land, but analysts and state legislators fear the EPA may still seek to shut it down, the Institute reported.

The federal agency is currently investigating hydraulic fracturing (fracking) production techniques, which are used in shale oil production.

Narloch said: “If the EPA decides to ban fracking, that shuts down the entire industry since so many of the wells operate by that procedure. It would kill this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.”

Looks like the Tree Hugger Vote is more important then economic growth, jobs and personal liberty. After all we can't have company's that don't donate to the Obama Campaign earning a profit now can you.

Reactions: 1 person
No disrespect......but how did you come to that conclusion? :p

(sarcasm)

Much like Obama's base throwing bibles and bricks on the left side of the country.

Obama base = OWS

Obama's entire decisions are for his re-election, not for the country.

Kisses ass to the greenies, not for eco-green but for votes/contributions.

Looks like the Tree Hugger Vote is more important then economic growth, jobs and personal liberty. After all we can't have company's that don't donate to the Obama Campaign earning a profit now can you.
Please show me where you found that the EPA was going to shut down the North Dakota oil production.

Please show me where you found that the EPA was going to shut down the North Dakota oil production.

I don't work for you! I research what I have an interest in.

Under Commandant Obama we have something like 4200 pending regulations and that's just the EPA. There are significant separation of powers issues not to mention 10th Amendment issues as well.

Using the EPA to usurp the powers of Congress is an abuse of power pure and simple. This extends to a great many other examples to numerous to mention.

You start a thread that says "EPA Thugs at it again" yet you show nothing to support it, and go on a tirade when you are challenged.

Put on your big boy pants and exercise due diligence.

It's called OPINION!

EPA is formulating as many as 4200 regulations. EPA is investigating the Bakken Field. These are facts and if you don't like those facts then I can't help you.

Again I don't answer to you so deal with it. Despite the Obama Administration's best efforts the 1st Amendment is still intact and until it isn't I intend to exercise my right to render an opinion popular or otherwise.

Did you miss this tidbit of "Due Diligence"?

The federal agency is currently investigating hydraulic fracturing (fracking) production techniques, which are used in shale oil production

You start a thread that says "EPA Thugs at it again" yet you show nothing to support it, and go on a tirade when you are challenged.

Put on your big boy pants and exercise due diligence.

Tech, he's right...all across the divide it is more important to stop shale drilling than provide jobs.

EPA is out of hand.

How's the dust on your farm, BTW?

How about the oil shale out there that they keep killing?

The biggest issue with fracturing is contamination of ground water. If that is what the EPA is investigating then more power to them. WQe can live without oil. Cant live with out water, not that oil companies are concerned about the environment or anything.

It's called OPINION!

EPA is formulating as many as 4200 regulations. EPA is investigating the Bakken Field. These are facts and if you don't like those facts then I can't help you.

Did you miss this tidbit of "Due Diligence"?
Of course you still did not provide any source.

Try this:

At the direction of Congress, and separate from this ground water investigation, EPA has begun a national study on the potential impacts of hydraulic fracturing on drinking water resources.

Source

This was a result of the finding of contaminated groundwater in Pavillion, WY. That was found after the residents requested the initial study. Don't let any of these facts get in the way of a good rant.

The claim here in Pa is they line their wells, drill beyond the water table.

EPA support is the Obama base.

So who is right?

Is blasphemy to trust the government when full of

tree hugging activists starting from the top?

Who cares. The drillers and companies don't have to live there. If It contaminates the water, they will just stop and leave. No big deal. It worked in Love Canal.

Tell me this.....when drilling into the earth......in natural gas and oil saturated areas, don't methane and benzene occur naturally and possibly could provide bias to the EPA test?

And as an aside, with Obama's EPA saturated with eco-wonks, isn't there a remote possibility these results may be weighted slightly to the left?

EPA Head Misleads The Public in Her Crusade against Coal

Last week, EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson spoke at an event sponsored by the Sierra Club and made some serious accusations against coal-fired power plants. Jackson said that "In their [coal-fired power plants] entire history—50, 60, 70 years, or even 30 . . . they never found the time or the reason to clean up their act," (subscription-only). As the administration's head environmental regulator, Jackson has to know that this statement is blatantly false.

No chance whatsoever?