More From The Hero of The Stupid

Fracturing fluids have shown up in ground water. Not sure how it got there. :huh:

There are incidents where after fracking an area natural gas literally comes out of the water spigot. 14 homes in the Marcellus field are no longer fit for human habitation.

The reality is thousands of jobs versus 14 homes. The oil companies have made those homeowners financially whole no questions asked based upon the information I have. I'm not citing any sources only because it was demanded that I do so. The Progressive lie night and day with no facts to support their argument so I'm just following the lessons learned.

There are incidents where after fracking an area natural gas literally comes out of the water spigot. 14 homes in the Marcellus field are no longer fit for human habitation.

The reality is thousands of jobs versus 14 homes. The oil companies have made those homeowners financially whole no questions asked based upon the information I have. I'm not citing any sources only because it was demanded that I do so. The Progressive lie night and day with no facts to support their argument so I'm just following the lessons learned.

That's not necessarily so.....

But frack­ing does not put methane into tap water. Tap water blow torches, as seen in the doc­u­men­tary film Gasland, result from methane migra­tion. Such move­ments of gas may or may not be related to drilling. But they do not result from frack­ing. And that’s an impor­tant dis­tinc­tion to make.

Gas can get into well-water in var­i­ous ways. Bal­das­sare says drilling, along with a bad cement job, can cause any gas pocket that has been sta­ble for thou­sands of years to start mov­ing. That’s because methane, under high pres­sure, wants to go to an area of lower pres­sure. And drilling, whether it’s a ver­ti­cal well, hor­i­zon­tal well, deep well, or shal­low well, can pro­vide that opportunity.

Frick and Frack

Lets review. Fourteen homes in a small city had natural gas com up in their water supply. You have just admitted that as fact. Do you believe that those were the only hoes affected? Do you believe that no other contaminates seeped into the water supply? Are you going to accept the word of the drilling companies that the water supply is safe and there is nothing to worry about? I think you are bit old to be that naive. Do you feel like going up there and bring back a few gallons of drinking water? I know I don't.

Reactions: 1 person
Lets review. Fourteen homes in a small city had natural gas com up in their water supply. You have just admitted that as fact. Do you believe that those were the only hoes affected? Do you believe that no other contaminates seeped into the water supply? Are you going to accept the word of the drilling companies that the water supply is safe and there is nothing to worry about? I think you are bit old to be that naive. Do you feel like going up there and bring back a few gallons of drinking water? I know I don't.

Small City? Where did you get that outright piece of fiction from? The Marcellus Field covers several states. My research tell me that the oil companies are playing it straight because they know that the Empty Suit will try to crush them as reelection approaches. What I know is that fracking here in the Bakken Field is beyond safe. To my knowledge there have been no instances od groundwater contamination.

The Bakken Field covers a huge portion of the Ogallala aquifer which covers part of Seven States. The aquifer goes down about 3,000 feet while fracking/drilling takes place well below 12,000 feet. The oil companies here are ultra conservative when it comes to safety. The biggest issue facing the Ogallala aquifer is not contamination but depletion from farming and overuse for drinking water. Now of course Obama wants to shut Bakken down as much of the development of the resources is being done by Halliburton.

Nope no crony capitalism or political payback going on here. If the Empty Suit pisses off evey single voter in ND you're talking less than a million people and he'll get more tree huggers from the other 49. Face it, he's a prick.

To my knowledge there have been no instances od groundwater contamination.
Really? You didn't read my previous post.

Res­i­dents of Pavil­ion, Wy., began com­plain­ing about drink­ing water that smelled like chem­i­cals back in 2008. Inten­sive drilling for nat­ural gas in the area began in the late 1990’s and con­tin­ued until 2006. The area now has 169 nat­ural gas wells.

The draft report says inves­ti­ga­tors have found com­pounds in Pavilion’s ground­wa­ter asso­ci­ated with frack­ing. The EPA found high con­cen­tra­tions of ben­zene, xylene, gaso­line and diesel fuel in shal­low ground­wa­ter sup­plies that they linked to waste­water pits. But the report also found a num­ber of frack­ing chem­i­cals in much deeper fresh water wells.

“Alter­na­tive expla­na­tions were care­fully con­sid­ered to explain indi­vid­ual sets of data. How­ever, when con­sid­ered together with other lines of evi­dence, the data indi­cates likely impact to ground water that can be explained by hydraulic fracturing.”

Hydraulic frac­tur­ing is a method to extract oil and gas from under­ground deposits. It uses a mix­ture of sand, water and chem­i­cals to frac­ture shale rock and release the gas. The EPA draft report found chlo­ride, iso­propanol, dieth­yl­ene gly­col, tri­eth­yl­ene gly­col, and tert–butyl alco­hol in the deeper test wells.  The report indi­cates the dif­fi­culty track­ing the chem­i­cals because the gas indus­try is not required to reveal all chem­i­cal elements.

Link

Really? You didn't read my previous post.

Link
Wyoming is NOT part of the Bakken Field, so no I didn't read it, nor will I. Anytime you have industry of any kind you have some accidents. PLUS many chemicals associated with Fracking can come from other sources.

I look at how the Company responds to an issue more.

Natural gas and methane have been known to get into water wells for quite some time, even before fracking. It is not uncommon.

You are of course correct. Yet another inconvenient truth for the Progressive Tree Hugger crowd. No one has yet to mention two significant issues regarding fracking. Which is not surprising given the cut and paste nature here as opposed to independent thought.

First is water. - Water is essentially a finite resource. Speaking strictly of the Bakken Field and Ogaalala Aquifer, water may soon become scarce instead of plentiful. The Aquifer is being depleted by Companies that have water rights and ship the water elsewhere. (TX for one) The second new drain of the resources is the immense amount of water used in the fracking process.

Second is Private Property Rights. - Mineral Rights laws are arcane, complex and way way above my pay grade. Mineral/Water Rights are not always included in the sale of property. In KY this was known as the "Broad Form Deed" which was the subject of much protest when the Unions came to the Coal Fields.

As populations grow, water will be the new oil in some areas. Broad Form deeds and other types of deeds are used to swindle the average Joe/Jane and these types of issues along with a Federal agency (EPA) run amok may doom US Energy independence near term,

Expect no help from the Empty Suit on these issues.

It's called OPINION!

... the 1st Amendment is still intact and until it isn't I intend to exercise my right to render an opinion popular or otherwise.

Neat. Here's mine:

I'm a fan of clean water. I'm a fan of the environment. If fracking can't be done w/o collateral damage, then the process needs to be altered and/or stopped until it can be.

For a guy that is such a proponent of individual liberty, I'm surpirsed at how quick you are to subjugate the rights of affected homeowners/citizens in the name of "jobs! jobs! jobs!"

Reactions: 1 person
This seems to be about power. Certain people (corporations) have more power than other people (actual citizens). It matters not that compounds from the slurry they use to frack has been found in the water table. The corporate citizens have been able to convince the courts that the onus is not on them to prove that it is safe but that the actual citizens must prove that it is unsafe in what appears to be a stacked deck. No one really knows what the long term affects will be. No one really knows how long it will take the chemicals to migrate even further.

We (the actual citizens) are allowing the corporate citizens to get away with what ever they want. The ramifications are irrelevant. Never mind that had we started to research and develop alternatives we would already be well on our way to Independence. Nope, there is money to be made in the oil so citizens and economy be damned.

This seems to be about power. Certain people (corporations) have more power than other people (actual citizens). It matters not that compounds from the slurry they use to frack has been found in the water table. The corporate citizens have been able to convince the courts that the onus is not on them to prove that it is safe but that the actual citizens must prove that it is unsafe in what appears to be a stacked deck. No one really knows what the long term affects will be. No one really knows how long it will take the chemicals to migrate even further.

We (the actual citizens) are allowing the corporate citizens to get away with what ever they want. The ramifications are irrelevant. Never mind that had we started to research and develop alternatives we would already be well on our way to Independence. Nope, there is money to be made in the oil so citizens and economy be damned.

It's essentially a Private Property Rights issue. If Property rights were strictly enforced the citizens would be on a much more level playing field.

Imagine if Property rights were sacrosanct? Suppose we owned adjacent tracts of land say 200 acres each and your just a fracking away. Me I'm just MMOB, relaxing and riding horses. For some unknown reason my horses get sick and one even dies. Turns out your fracking fluid is toxic to equine species and my 16 champion Arabians die. Under the COTUS you have the right to do with your property as you see fit. BUT, you don't have a right to contaminate mine. Ergo, I get some top notch Shyster and you and your oil Company get to write a BIG check.

Keep it simple, apply the basic concepts set forth in the COTUS and let Freedom ring.

Proving York claim is what becomes difficult. Joe blow v the corporation typically does not end well. Big money vs limited money.