More Work

MCI transplant said:
<_< Which it was at TWA before the buyout! And which it should be now!!!!!!!
[post="253070"][/post]​

If I remember correctly, that is the way it was at EAL also. You could bump anyone junior to you anywhere.

MCI transplant said:
<_< a.a. Thanks for the information! It do'es get a little confusing at times! As for myself, and most people I know here, if, and when our time comes, we won't be going anywhere! The people here that are left have been arround a while, and have our families, and lifes pretty much intrenced here! So, most will just retire. Word has it that a.a. will be offering "stand in sted" again, and I expect quit a few will take them up on it! I believe this is all part of a.a.s "Big Picture" for MCI. Ring out as many Old timers as posable, and back fill them with younger workers if something should materalize in the way of third party work! ( Just my oppinon!)
[post="252632"][/post]​

I does get confusing. It seems they do it on purpose. I can understand why most of you in MCI won't bump. After a while, it gets to be a pain in the rear end having to move. Where I am at now, several people have retired/retired early or took the layoff and are doing other things. Almost all the remaining senior people are chomping at the bit to get out; they are just waiting for some kind of "incentive" (which I don't think is going to happen). If they were to tell me I had to go to a place like NYC or SFO where it is very expensive, I would just take the street because it would not be worth it anymore.

goingboeing said:
Why should you have the same seniority as a nAAtive employee?It is not our fault that you chose to be hired by TWA instead of AA.There is NO WAY that a 20 year TWA employee should have the same as a 20 year AA employee!
[post="253079"][/post]​
<_< Sorry fella! I've been arround the block with this one once too often! Find yourself another fish!!!!!

Your seniority date should be the date that is on your A&P ticket end of story, end of discussion. :up:

<_< Oh! If your going to chalenge my statement, at least get it right! It's not 20 years! It's 35+years !!!!!!

TIME FOR CHANGE said:
Your seniority date should be the date that is on your A&P ticket end of story, end of discussion. :up:
[post="253208"][/post]​
<_< Now there's a novel idea!!!! :up:

TIME FOR CHANGE said:
[post="253208"][/post]​

Better not change your address, the FAA changes the date. :p :p

MCI transplant said:
<_< Sorry fella! I've been arround the block with this one once too often! Find yourself another fish!!!!!
[post="253206"][/post]​

You did not work for AA before 2001 so your seniority date at AA did not EXIST before 2001!
The best thing AA could do is close MCIE and send all the TWA whiners home.

Don't be blue; the TWU is protecting you.

MCI transplant said:
<_< Oh! If your going to chalenge my statement, at least get it right! It's not 20 years! It's 35+years !!!!!!
[post="253209"][/post]​

If its 35 years it is definitely time to RETIRE!

goingboeing said:
If its 35 years it is definitely time to RETIRE!
[post="253326"][/post]​

Unfortunately many of them cant. Their "live to fight another day" culture has left them with very little pension. They didnt fight for it then so now they are paying for it. Now they are too old to fight.

So not only did they work for less the last 15 years but they also no longer have a pension. I'm sure the IAM told them that they would get it back, "just keep the dues flowin fellas, we gotta save jobs". They had the priviledge of making Ichann and his cronies rich, at their expense.

So the lesson is, if the company cant pay, let it die so hopefully you can put in the time somewhere else and retire with some dignity. Otherwise you end up putting in year after year for less only to wind up with nothing.

Back