Twu

proAMFA

Senior
Sep 28, 2003
I could not believe my eyes when I read the Crib Notes yesterday.

Crib Notes is a publication put out jointly by the Tulsa Maintenance Base and the Transport Workers Union Local 514. On page 3 under the heading Line Maintenance Contracts Being Negotiated was "Northwest Airlines-Discussing domestic line maintenance services". How could the TWU even consider negotiating maintenance work at Northwest when their maintenance workers were on strike?

In a Jim Little letter dated May 17, 2005 to Mark Rasco, Little explains that the TWU takes the position that we will not do struck work. In a August 10 letter to All AA Local Officers & Members, Robert Gless reaffirms the position that we do not do struck work.

This morning I attempted to call Dennis Burchette, President TWU Local 514, to ask him to explain the contents of the Crib Notes. I was told that he would be in meetings all day. Then I began thinking perhaps some of my union brothers might wish to discuss the issue with Brother Burchette and explain their opinions on the issue. In case you do here is the TWU 514 telephone number where, with some luck, you may be able to speak to him or some TWU 514 union officer with some kind of authority (918) 437-4300.

In case you might want to look at the article and you work for AA you can find Crib Notes on-line through Jetnet through the Maintenance and Engineering page.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

-- Samuel Adams

I don't think a merger down the road with NW is out of the question. Perhaps combining ops is being explored as NW seems to want to even outsource their pilots.

In a Jim Little letter dated May 17, 2005 to Mark Rasco, Little explains that the TWU takes the position that we will not do struck work. In a August 10 letter to All AA Local Officers & Members, Robert Gless reaffirms the position that we do not do struck work.

Both Jim Little and Bobby are men of their word. They would never go back on their word.

There must be some mistake.

It does say that....What I also found interesting is that AA announced that they are 40% of the way to their $500 million in savings/whatever in Tulsa but on the front page it shows $76.5 million as of this month.

Latest posts