Mr Lakefield

28yrsnojob

Senior
Jan 2, 2004
:down: AS an employee of 28yrs you want me to support your paycuts to your
employees after you contracted out 5 of your mainline cities ramps, and left the
the employees on the inside to still work for the company . the only way
to restore trust in your employees is to give these cities back to the IAM
and give the layed off employees a chance to work for mainline express or the new mainline agreement that the company is trying to negotiate. After working
for the company this long I am very disturbed how U could treat someone like
this and then come out and ask employees for more. IT wouldnt suprise me one
bit if the ones that are working right now just walked out the door if U pulls another one of its bean counter moves.

Management "reserves the right to contract out any or all work covered by the CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement), if by doing so, the Company is able to accomplish the work more economically"

Dont worry, if they get the CWA contract they offered to pass they can contract out everything they want to so we'll all end up on the outside looking in. :down:
This is a write your own check if I've ever seen one.

Since they are in such a contracting out mood..... Why don't they contract out Crystal City to MidAtlantic. Get rid of Crellin and his good for nothing lack of leadership and the rest and create new positions at MidAtlantic at about 1/3 the salary. That would be an excellent and certainly should impress the creditors and BK judge.

I agree, this is the master plan. I have thought about this. BOS-LGA-PHL-DCA-CLT-FLL.....right down the whole entire east coast. Mid-Atlantic. I predict that within 5 years, IF this airline is still in business, the name USAirways will no longer exist....it will be Mid-Atlantic or some version there in. The company is out to scratch it all and start over if they can. That is their Transformation Plan.

First they must learn how to keep MDA aircraft out of the hangars and in the sky so they can make the $$$ :lol:

hadEnuff said:
Since they are in such a contracting out mood..... Why don't they contract out Crystal City to MidAtlantic. Get rid of Crellin and his good for nothing lack of leadership and the rest and create new positions at MidAtlantic at about 1/3 the salary. That would be an excellent and certainly should impress the creditors and BK judge.
[post="173458"][/post]​

hey lets contract out rader, glass, crellin and heck the whole 9 yards at the top--anyone want to make a decks of cards (similar to the military verison of saddam) and put glass as the ace of spades!!!???

[24:63 · Spades (from Greek spatke = sword), the symbol for the next highest suit in the common deck of playing cards. Spades are associated with fighting, destiny, logical thinking, and death. Note that in the ancient tarot or gypsy deck of cards the symbol for the suit corresponding to spades was a pictorial sign for a sword.

Excellent idea robbedagain...... in fact if you currently hold a postion in management in Crystal City you are not eligible to be considered for any position at MidAtlantic!!!!! The industry is changing so lets get some management that has some new ideas and are interested and appreciate employees!!!

My guess is that at this point in time, it's probably hard to get good people to come over. At the same time, with Lakefield not being an industry guy, he almost has to let these various managers do what they want. They are more experienced, so challenging them is tough. For openers, if he overules them, they are off the hook, and it falls on him if something backfires. He's too smart for that. So, as fate would have it, you probably have some of the least talented managers the company has ever had, and in a perverse way, owing to circumstances, they have more individual power than their predecessors ever enjoyed.

:up: When is u going to come out and make public the salaries of management
and announce their 40% cut in pay and 30% cut in benifits.

In the previous company proposal, there were something like $35 million in "management concessions". Of course there was language that said "consideration had to be given to the fact that US is a more complex airline than the LCC's" when it came to management concessions.

Curiously, the $35 million offer is missing from the latest proposal....

Jim

well pigs have flown--on usairways from phl to sea a couple of yrs ago and to boot in first class!!!!!!! mgmt will never cede any of their so called precious dough but boy they dont mind asking the employees!! of course mgmt wont give up 35% of anything although it would be nice to see that happen even if it has to be done in bankrupt

Back