Muslim Immigrants identified as BOS bombers

Ok, christians, jews-tho there really isnt much goin on there, hindi, shinto, whatever... All of 'em. Including, in the part of the world most here having this discussion are familiar with and care about, christians.

I mention christians because they have as a group quite the history, yet are somehow held up as paragons of virtue and right, and generally viewed as the "us" in the "they hate us" and "us vs them" theme that is so prevalent in this general topic.

I never said anything about a free pass, for anyone.

I said the the radical, extremist, violent element, of whichever religion/nationality/race/whatever is not the whole group.

Why do so many people want to, or choose to, ignore that, and then go on rationalize thier xenophobic, egocentric fear and hate of "those people" based on wild grossly overstated claims of threats of invasion, hate, and delusional fantasies of thier own race/religion/national/etc.'s moral superiority?

Not a hater, just a pragmatic realist, seeking justice, rational thought, and reason over emotion. Sometimes that requires looking in the mirror, individually and collectively.
No you are a Christian hater, so don't try to hide behind a smoke screen of I mean anybody.

No you are a Christian hater, so don't try to hide behind a smoke screen of I mean anybody.
Actually, I distrust and dislike religion, any of em and all of em. Don't particularly care to tell other people how they should feel, worship, etc., oth, I do think it fair game to point out hypocrisy, fraud, corruption, and hate, no matter the source, but especially when it is done in the name of some wierd delusion of religion-based superiority, or by those with evil or selfish intent who use religion as a cover, or to sell their message of hate and fear and exclusivisity. It just so happens that nowadays, in the part of the world I live in, most of the attention is focused on muslim extremists who do this, and i have the most contact with thier christian counterparts. In the beginning, man created god. I suppose he needed it. Fair enough. Shortly after, some men created religion. Not so much love there.

Boston bombing suspects' mother subject to arrest if she returns to U.S.

By JOSH GERSTEIN | 4/22/13 6:55 PM EDT
FRAMINGHAM, Mass.—The mother of the suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing reportedly wants to return from Russia to the United States to visit her surviving, badly-wounded son, but she may get a rude reception if she does come back: being placed under arrest.

Court personnel here say there's an outstanding warrant for Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, 45, stemming from an incident last June in which she allegedly shoplifted more than $1600-worth of designer dresses from a Natick, Mass. Lord & Taylor store and damaged another couple of dresses worth more than $300. The clothes bore the labels of designers like Adrianna Papell, Tadoohi, Lauren and Oleg Cassini, court and police records show.

Tsarnaeva was arrested June 13, 2012 and charged with one felony count of felony larceny and two felony counts of wanton destruction of property. She gave her marital status as "divorced." While she provided beauty services at times in her Cambridge home, she listed her occupation as "unemployed." She was bailed out for $240 cash that night and arraigned the following day.

After a few continuances last summer and fall, Tsarnaeva failed to show up for an October 25 status hearing. A Russian interpreter was on hand for the session, court records show. Judge Robert Greco issued a default warrant for her arrest and ordered her bail money forfeited. (Some court records list the bail amount as $200.)

A court clerk said Monday that the warrant for Tsarnaeva's arrest remains outstanding.

Tsarnaeva's 19-year-old son, Dzhokhar, was formally arraigned Monday at a Boston hospital on charges of using a weapon of mass destruction and damaging property. Recovering from multiple gunshot wounds and barely able to speak, he faces a potential sentence of up to life in prison or the death penalty, though prosecutors won't decide for months whether to seek that penalty.

Tsarnaeva's other son, 26-year-old Tamerlan, was killed in the same shootout with police in which his brother was badly wounded. Tamerlan may have been killed by being run over by his brother. Authorities claim Tamerlan also took part in the marathon bombing.

While Tsarnaeva has reportedly expressed concern she'd be blocked from returning to the U.S. because of her sons' alleged involvement in last week's bombing, she is a naturalized U.S. citizen and has a legal right to enter the country. Whether police would choose to arrest her on the default warrant is unclear, but federal authorities would very likely want to question her upon her return.

A local, private attorney who Tsarnaeva retained in connection with the shoplifting case, Daniel Cappetta, declined to comment on the case Monday.

The theft charge is punishable by up to 5 years in prison. Each of the destruction of property charges carry a potential sentence of up to three years in prison.

Read more about: Terrorism, Boston Marathon, Bombing, Boston Bombing, Shoplifting, Arrest

Actually, I distrust and dislike religion, any of em and all of em. Don't particularly care to tell other people how they should feel, worship, etc., oth, I do think it fair game to point out hypocrisy, fraud, corruption, and hate, no matter the source, but especially when it is done in the name of some wierd delusion of religion-based superiority, or by those with evil or selfish intent who use religion as a cover, or to sell their message of hate and fear and exclusivisity. It just so happens that nowadays, in the part of the world I live in, most of the attention is focused on muslim extremists who do this, and i have the most contact with thier christian counterparts. In the beginning, man created god. I suppose he needed it. Fair enough. Shortly after, some men created religion. Not so much love there.
As far as religion, we are on the same page and it is a shame that anybody uses God to justify their fanaticism. As far as hypocrisy, fraud, corruption and hate, that is human nature in general. We're all guilty, but some get caught.

Boston bombing suspects' mother subject to arrest if she returns to U.S.

By JOSH GERSTEIN | 4/22/13 6:55 PM EDT
FRAMINGHAM, Mass.—The mother of the suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing reportedly wants to return from Russia to the United States to visit her surviving, badly-wounded son, but she may get a rude reception if she does come back: being placed under arrest.

Court personnel here say there's an outstanding warrant for Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, 45, stemming from an incident last June in which she allegedly shoplifted more than $1600-worth of designer dresses from a Natick, Mass. Lord & Taylor store and damaged another couple of dresses worth more than $300. The clothes bore the labels of designers like Adrianna Papell, Tadoohi, Lauren and Oleg Cassini, court and police records show.

Tsarnaeva was arrested June 13, 2012 and charged with one felony count of felony larceny and two felony counts of wanton destruction of property. She gave her marital status as "divorced." While she provided beauty services at times in her Cambridge home, she listed her occupation as "unemployed." She was bailed out for $240 cash that night and arraigned the following day.

After a few continuances last summer and fall, Tsarnaeva failed to show up for an October 25 status hearing. A Russian interpreter was on hand for the session, court records show. Judge Robert Greco issued a default warrant for her arrest and ordered her bail money forfeited. (Some court records list the bail amount as $200.)

A court clerk said Monday that the warrant for Tsarnaeva's arrest remains outstanding.

Tsarnaeva's 19-year-old son, Dzhokhar, was formally arraigned Monday at a Boston hospital on charges of using a weapon of mass destruction and damaging property. Recovering from multiple gunshot wounds and barely able to speak, he faces a potential sentence of up to life in prison or the death penalty, though prosecutors won't decide for months whether to seek that penalty.

Tsarnaeva's other son, 26-year-old Tamerlan, was killed in the same shootout with police in which his brother was badly wounded. Tamerlan may have been killed by being run over by his brother. Authorities claim Tamerlan also took part in the marathon bombing.

While Tsarnaeva has reportedly expressed concern she'd be blocked from returning to the U.S. because of her sons' alleged involvement in last week's bombing, she is a naturalized U.S. citizen and has a legal right to enter the country. Whether police would choose to arrest her on the default warrant is unclear, but federal authorities would very likely want to question her upon her return.

A local, private attorney who Tsarnaeva retained in connection with the shoplifting case, Daniel Cappetta, declined to comment on the case Monday.

The theft charge is punishable by up to 5 years in prison. Each of the destruction of property charges carry a potential sentence of up to three years in prison.

Read more about: Terrorism, Boston Marathon, Bombing, Boston Bombing, Shoplifting, Arrest
Well the mother is on a delusional tantrum. She is right though, America is at fault for allowing them to flee as refugees from their war torn Chechnya and set them up with the American dream. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/25/17912024-america-took-my-kids-away-mother-of-boston-suspects-insists-sons-not-responsible?lite

Well the mother is on a delusional tantrum. She is right though, America is at fault for allowing them to flee as refugees from their war torn Chechnya and set them up with the American dream. http://usnews.nbcnew...esponsible?lite

This quote from the mother really sticks in my mind.

“Why did I even go there? Why?” she said, crying. “I thought America was going to like protect us, our kids. It’s going to be safe for any reason. But it happened the opposite.”

I agree, you and your "kids" should never have come to this country. We would not have to be dealing with the crimes of murder, terrorism and theft you imported.

You have a court date for shoplifting you forgot. Did Islam teach you not to steal?

We also need to adopt the El Al methods of screening if you decide to come to the US. If we have to live like Israeli's then so do you.

1. Checking in with El Al
  • All passengers to report at the check-in counter at least 3 hours prior to departure
  • Additional hour (compared to the standard 2 hours) is required to make up for the thorough screening process
2. Security at Ben Gurion Airport (El Al's main hub)
  • Terminals are closely monitored on Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)
  • Fully armed guards, police officers as well as officers in plain clothes patrol the premises of the terminals,
  • Cars are prevented from making more than momentary stops to dispatch and unload passengers and luggage
3. At the Check-in Counters
  • El Al interestingly enough has its own set of pre-flight questions for passengers
  • El Al’s security officials routinely question passengers on their personal background and their travel plans and have no compunctions in profiling passengers based on these questions
  • Staff run the passenger’s travelling details through a computerised system that picks out details that can be deemed suspicious
  • Close watch on passengers whom have paid for their tickets in cash, those travelling on one-way tickets, mailing and billing addresses that do not match, whether or not the passenger chose to make multiple stops rather than a direct flight, etc.
  • Passenger names are checked for background information, previous criminal history as well as blacklists furnished by intelligence units from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Interpol, Shin Bet (Israel’s Intel unit), Scotland Yard and the CIA
  • Passengers’ profiles are created based on a highly controversial system where all passengers’ details such as home phone numbers, birthdates, addresses, change of reservations and even meal preferences are run through a database of terror suspects and ‘no fly lists’ that would flag the passenger according to the degree of threat that he or she poses
4. Baggage Screening
  • Swabs are taken of carry-on luggage and examined using hi-tech bomb sniffers
  • Hi-tech liquid explosive detecting devices on passengers’ personal belongings both check in and carry-on
  • Checked luggage is stored in a secure room that's constantly guarded by El Al personnel
  • All baggage and cargo also go through a decompression chamber on the ground (simulates pressure in the cargo compartment during flight to test for bombs set to go off at high altitudes)

Im game. Who is going to pay for it? We do not want to pay for the crappy security that we have now and you want to increase it and make it more efficient? The biggest issue with good security is the quality of personel running the check points. If you have unskilled cheap labor then you get unskilled cheap security. Good people will cost more.

I guess we can cut SS and Medicare.

Back