Muslim Immigrants identified as BOS bombers

Im game. Who is going to pay for it? We do not want to pay for the crappy security that we have now and you want to increase it and make it more efficient? The biggest issue with good security is the quality of personel running the check points. If you have unskilled cheap labor then you get unskilled cheap security. Good people will cost more.

I guess we can cut SS and Medicare.
El Al has top Israeli security with both law enforcement and military. On the other hand, security would be cheap and efficient if you go back to basics. If it looks, walks, swims and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. We get rid of politically correct wussifying, and start pushing security on the most likely to...

3. At the Check-in Counters
  • El Al interestingly enough has its own set of pre-flight questions for passengers
  • El Al’s security officials routinely question passengers on their personal background and their travel plans and have no compunctions in profiling passengers based on these questions
  • Staff run the passenger’s travelling details through a computerised system that picks out details that can be deemed suspicious
  • Close watch on passengers whom have paid for their tickets in cash, those travelling on one-way tickets, mailing and billing addresses that do not match, whether or not the passenger chose to make multiple stops rather than a direct flight, etc.
  • Passenger names are checked for background information, previous criminal history as well as blacklists furnished by intelligence units from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Interpol, Shin Bet (Israel’s Intel unit), Scotland Yard and the CIA
  • Passengers’ profiles are created based on a highly controversial system where all passengers’ details such as home phone numbers, birthdates, addresses, change of reservations and even meal preferences are run through a database of terror suspects and ‘no fly lists’ that would flag the passenger according to the degree of threat that he or she poses Wasn'tthere an incident a few years back, I believe at LAX, where there was a threat at the counter with a passenger and El Al security shot him dead?

So Snap, who pays? I would ove to have EL Al security but that will cost some big bucks. Need to have highly trained people operating all the security check points (keep in mine the US has a few more flights each day than El Al does) at all the airports. Pretty sure the people in the US do not want to pay for that and the politicians will squeel like a stuck pig right up to thepoint where there is another security breach that causes a major disater and then they will wring their hands and still not do anything.

Here is an interview with the former head of El Al seurity Isaac Yeffet. I have heard a few people refer to this interview and argue for profiling but if you read what El Al actually does you will find that EL Al profiling is not the same as what we do here in the US.

How the Israelis do airport security

The gist of it is that El Al profiles behavior not appearence. Everyone gets talked to, not just the scary looking brown guys.

• El Al interestingly enough has its own set of pre-flight questions for passengers
  • El Al’s security officials routinely question passengers on their personal background and their travel plans and have no compunctions in profiling passengers based on these questions
  • Staff run the passenger’s travelling details through a computerised system that picks out details that can be deemed suspicious
  • Close watch on passengers whom have paid for their tickets in cash, those travelling on one-way tickets, mailing and billing addresses that do not match, whether or not the passenger chose to make multiple stops rather than a direct flight, etc.
  • Passenger names are checked for background information, previous criminal history as well as blacklists furnished by intelligence units from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Interpol, Shin Bet (Israel’s Intel unit), Scotland Yard and the CIA
  • Passengers’ profiles are created based on a highly controversial system where all passengers’ details such as home phone numbers, birthdates, addresses, change of reservations and even meal preferences are run through a database of terror suspects and ‘no fly lists’ that would flag the passenger according to the degree of threat that he or she poses Wasn'tthere an incident a few years back, I believe at LAX, where there was a threat at the counter with a passenger and El Al security shot him dead?

I think I remember the incident. On a side note, about 2 months prior to 9/11, July obviously, I saw an individual with a heavy coat photographing the ramp area, LAX. No planes or anything of interest. I approached him and he ran. Asked ops to notify the authorities.

I feel the guy was up to no good.

This quote from the mother really sticks in my mind.

“Why did I even go there? Why?” she said, crying. “I thought America was going to like protect us, our kids. It’s going to be safe for any reason. But it happened the opposite.”

I agree, you and your "kids" should never have come to this country. We would not have to be dealing with the crimes of murder, terrorism and theft you imported.

You have a court date for shoplifting you forgot. Did Islam teach you not to steal?

We also need to adopt the El Al methods of screening if you decide to come to the US. If we have to live like Israeli's then so do you.

1. Checking in with El Al
  • All passengers to report at the check-in counter at least 3 hours prior to departure
  • Additional hour (compared to the standard 2 hours) is required to make up for the thorough screening process
2. Security at Ben Gurion Airport (El Al's main hub)
  • Terminals are closely monitored on Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)
  • Fully armed guards, police officers as well as officers in plain clothes patrol the premises of the terminals,
  • Cars are prevented from making more than momentary stops to dispatch and unload passengers and luggage
  • Passengers’ profiles are created based on a highly controversial system where all passengers’ details such as home phone numbers, birthdates, addresses, change of reservations and even meal preferences are run through a database of terror suspects and ‘no fly lists’ that would flag the passenger according to the degree of threat that he or she poses
4. Baggage Screening
  • Swabs are taken of carry-on luggage and examined using hi-tech bomb sniffers
  • Hi-tech liquid explosive detecting devices on passengers’ personal belongings both check in and carry-on
  • Checked luggage is stored in a secure room that's constantly guarded by El Al personnel
  • All baggage and cargo also go through a decompression chamber on the ground (simulates pressure in the cargo compartment during flight to test for bombs set to go off at high altitudes)

Most people coming to America are looking for a handout............un-like the Uncle, of the 2 ISLAMIC terrorist, who came to America looking for an oppotunity !
Hilarious how the mother cries, "I thought America was going to protect us"................from what I've read, she's the one that introduced her sons to the local Imam, who apparently preached "HATE" !

I thought the Obama phone thread and comments by you were the most idiotic, but here you go with the above.

Don't let facts get in your way............and this is from 4 years ago !
And 57% means more than half !

Thirteen years after welfare reform, the share of immigrant-headed households (legal and illegal) with a child (under age 18) using at least one welfare program continues to be very high. This is partly due to the large share of immigrants with low levels of education and their resulting low incomes — not their legal status or an unwillingness to work. The major welfare programs examined in this report include cash assistance, food assistance, Medicaid, and public and subsidized housing.
Among the findings:
  • In 2009 (based on data collected in 2010), 57 percent of households headed by an immigrant (legal and illegal) with children (under 18) used at least one welfare program, compared to 39 percent for native households with children.
  • Immigrant households’ use of welfare tends to be much higher than natives for food assistance programs and Medicaid. Their use of cash and housing programs tends to be similar to native households.
  • A large share of the welfare used by immigrant households with children is received on behalf of their U.S.-born children, who are American citizens. But even households with children comprised entirely of immigrants (no U.S.-born children) still had a welfare use rate of 56 percent in 2009.
  • Immigrant households with children used welfare programs at consistently higher rates than natives, even before the current recession. In 2001, 50 percent of all immigrant households with children used at least one welfare program, compared to 32 percent for natives.
  • Households with children with the highest welfare use rates are those headed by immigrants from the Dominican Republic (82 percent), Mexico and Guatemala (75 percent), and Ecuador (70 percent). Those with the lowest use rates are from the United Kingdom (7 percent), India (19 percent), Canada (23 percent), and Korea (25 percent).
  • The states where immigrant households with children have the highest welfare use rates are Arizona (62 percent); Texas, California, and New York (61 percent); Pennsylvania (59 percent); Minnesota and Oregon (56 percent); and Colorado (55 percent).
  • We estimate that 52 percent of households with children headed by legal immigrants used at least one welfare program in 2009, compared to 71 percent for illegal immigrant households with children. Illegal immigrants generally receive benefits on behalf of their U.S.-born children.
  • Illegal immigrant households with children primarily use food assistance and Medicaid, making almost no use of cash or housing assistance. In contrast, legal immigrant households tend to have relatively high use rates for every type of program.

Don't let facts get in your way............and this is from 4 years ago !
And 57% means more than half !

Thirteen years after welfare reform, the share of immigrant-headed households (legal and illegal) with a child (under age 18) using at least one welfare program continues to be very high. This is partly due to the large share of immigrants with low levels of education and their resulting low incomes — not their legal status or an unwillingness to work. The major welfare programs examined in this report include cash assistance, food assistance, Medicaid, and public and subsidized housing.
Among the findings:
  • In 2009 (based on data collected in 2010), 57 percent of households headed by an immigrant (legal and illegal) with children (under 18) used at least one welfare program, compared to 39 percent for native households with children.
  • Immigrant households’ use of welfare tends to be much higher than natives for food assistance programs and Medicaid. Their use of cash and housing programs tends to be similar to native households.
  • A large share of the welfare used by immigrant households with children is received on behalf of their U.S.-born children, who are American citizens. But even households with children comprised entirely of immigrants (no U.S.-born children) still had a welfare use rate of 56 percent in 2009.
  • Immigrant households with children used welfare programs at consistently higher rates than natives, even before the current recession. In 2001, 50 percent of all immigrant households with children used at least one welfare program, compared to 32 percent for natives.
  • Households with children with the highest welfare use rates are those headed by immigrants from the Dominican Republic (82 percent), Mexico and Guatemala (75 percent), and Ecuador (70 percent). Those with the lowest use rates are from the United Kingdom (7 percent), India (19 percent), Canada (23 percent), and Korea (25 percent).
  • The states where immigrant households with children have the highest welfare use rates are Arizona (62 percent); Texas, California, and New York (61 percent); Pennsylvania (59 percent); Minnesota and Oregon (56 percent); and Colorado (55 percent).
  • We estimate that 52 percent of households with children headed by legal immigrants used at least one welfare program in 2009, compared to 71 percent for illegal immigrant households with children. Illegal immigrants generally receive benefits on behalf of their U.S.-born children.
  • Illegal immigrant households with children primarily use food assistance and Medicaid, making almost no use of cash or housing assistance. In contrast, legal immigrant households tend to have relatively high use rates for every type of program.

Hmmm,
"Low levels of education, and Low wages"............., we must be talking about the SE quadrant of the 'good ol' USA' !!

This is partly due to the large share of immigrants with low levels of education and their resulting low incomes — not their legal status or an unwillingness to work.

Why would you cut and paste something that shows you are wrong, again.

Guess those are easier to find.

Hmmm,
"Low levels of education, and Low wages"............., we must be talking about the SE quadrant of the 'good ol' USA' !!
No! We're talking about an ineffective president, who couldn't create a job if he owned 3 Burger Kings!

Why would you cut and paste something that shows you are wrong, again.

Guess those are easier to find.
Instead of the one-liners, you keep regurgitating, how 'bout finding the proof against it, on yer own !

Wait, don't tell me...............you can only "Read" one sentence at a time, also !

Back