Need Help Booking Award Seats

usairways85

Senior
May 18, 2003
My dad is going to Las Vegas in late Feb. and wants to use the rest of his US miles, not only does he want to use the rest of his US miles, he will only use them if he is booked entirely on UA planes. So my question is, how do I use his US miles to book UA flights.

He will be leaving from PHL and is going to LAS for a wedding, because of all the baggage problems in PHL and the instability of the airline he refuses to travel on US in the near future.

Thanks for your help.

I am not sure why you posted this here as you may risk the ire of some unhappy board members.

However, if you want to book on UA then you need to call the normal US resevations number and tell them that you want to book an award trip on UA metal. They should be able to set you right up.

Thanks, yea i know....i've flown on US many times out of PHL and have never had many problems or delays as many people complain about on here. Just can't seem to talk my dad into just flying US

Chances of getting to LAS from PHL on UA miles slim to none for Feb.
Chances of getting a rep that wants to hear why he doesnt want to fly on U PRICELESS :shock:

He's asking to fly on UA metal because UA has publicly said they would honor tickets issued by U if they are for UA metal/codeshares. He's making a sound business decision to protect himself in the event U collapases, which could still happen.

Booking PHL-LAS, however, is difficult. Even if you go to UAL's web site and punch in PHL-LAS, it will give you US codeshare flights. You would have to build an itenerary from PHL-IAD or PHL-ORD and then onward. Be advised that UA only flies TED into LAS, so whether you connect in ORD or IAD, you'll be flying on a UA airbus in an all coach configuration.