Negotiations Summit

I attended the Dec. meeting and when I asked about AMFA being included in the Dec. 3 Summit meeting,
I was told they were not included because AMFA is still not being recognized by the group, as they are not 
under the AFL-CIO umbrella. That's pretty sorry and I did tell them that they should be invited as we are all 
working toward the same goals. The membership attending agreed. I was told also that what AMFA attended 
was GK's earnings meeting with all the Unions on property. Sorry the news isn't better swamt and we will
continue to push for AMFA being included in the Union Summit's.
Sad to hear that. Pathetic that they still hold the grudges towards AMFA. Really speaks volumes of their character, and how they are not willing to work with other employee groups to do things better for the employees, not just the union itself. Someone needs to make a motion at your meeting to have AMFA included and invited, you can do this by making a motion and the membership of the meeting voting on it. Since the majority of the members attending the meeting were in support. Thx Sharon, hope we can all work together as one group in the future...

SharoninSAT said:

I attended the Dec. meeting and when I asked about AMFA being included in the Dec. 3 Summit meeting,
I was told they were not included because AMFA is still not being recognized by the group, as they are not 
under the AFL-CIO umbrella. That's pretty sorry and I did tell them that they should be invited as we are all 
working toward the same goals. The membership attending agreed. I was told also that what AMFA attended 
was GK's earnings meeting with all the Unions on property. Sorry the news isn't better swamt and we will
continue to push for AMFA being included in the Union Summit's.
That is no excuse.

The IBT left the AFL CIO years ago and have still been included in these meetings.
Sorry but that is NOT the reason AMFA is being shunned.

It is not an AFL-CIO meeting.

Since when did SWAPA join the AFL CIO?

WNMECH said:
That is no excuse.

The IBT left the AFL CIO years ago and have still been included in these meetings.
Sorry but that is NOT the reason AMFA is being shunned.

It is not an AFL-CIO meeting.

Since when did SWAPA join the AFL CIO?

I agree that it is not the reason and it was a sorry excuse that was given to me. 
I still think that they are a sore loser since the Mechanics voted for AMFA. 

PATHETIC I TELL YOU, PATHETIC!!  Make your union, who works for you, work for you, and get your answers!

I wouldn't give it too much thought. First of all, they are depriving themselves of any useful info AMFA may have related to negotiations. Secondly, I have seen these joint union meetings at other airlines and I don't ever recall it making a difference. If they want to cut their nose off despite their face, so be it.

Reactions: 3 people
SharoninSAT,

It has finally come to results.  I was told tonight that we (AMFA) has in fact, been accepted into the Labor Negotiations Summit.  Been a long time coming, but it has finally happened.  The biggest voice to keep us out was indeed the TWU.  Sad, indeed, but true.  One of the guys that were there said the TWU will no longer attend any future meetings that AMFA will attend.  This speaks volumes about the TWU's issues with AMFA and shows they are more willing to corrupt the TWU membership rather than solidify and work together for the employees, PATHETIC I tell you, pathetic.  I truly hope they will overcome their grudges and join all of us employees at the future summit meetings. If not, then farewell all, farewell.  BTW, I was also told that the pilots had some very strong words towards the F/A's union (TWU) that they are not as high on the pedestal with the pilots as they thought...

Reactions: 1 person
swamt said:
SharoninSAT,

It has finally come to results.  I was told tonight that we (AMFA) has in fact, been accepted into the Labor Negotiations Summit.  Been a long time coming, but it has finally happened.  The biggest voice to keep us out was indeed the TWU.  Sad, indeed, but true.  One of the guys that were there said the TWU will no longer attend any future meetings that AMFA will attend.  This speaks volumes about the TWU's issues with AMFA and shows they are more willing to corrupt the TWU membership rather than solidify and work together for the employees, PATHETIC I tell you, pathetic.  I truly hope they will overcome their grudges and join all of us employees at the future summit meetings. If not, then farewell all, farewell.  BTW, I was also told that the pilots had some very strong words towards the F/A's union (TWU) that they are not as high on the pedestal with the pilots as they thought...

That is very good news swamt! Good for AMFA! Good for the SWA Labor Summit!
So, as it turns out, it has always been TWU that was... and is having a tantrum.  
It is pathetic. I understand the next Summit meeting will be in April. 

I am sure the TWU was the loudest.  I do know that the ibt (teamsters) were also against AMFA joining.  Not sure if the teamsters still have a strong attendance as they did in the past, but I am not hearing anything coming from their camp as of lately, it could be they finally grew up and stop resisting as this group is about the employees and not union against union.  I hope the F/A's union leaders can look beyond all this and continue to attend.  I think they will, they were prob just blowing up their chest to try and Keep AMFA out. 
Yes, next meeting is in April.   Guess we will all find out then if the TWU still attends, I know AMFA will be there...

SWAMT

WE will see if the TWU attends the meeting/summit, sharoninsat said the membership supported amfa being apart of it but the leadership of the twu said it was because of the afl-cio thing. Are you sure it wasn't because they feel amfa is raiding them at AA.
We all know its the members of AA who bring in amfa cards looking for a change since amfa does not have a organizing branch like the industrial unions. grass roots is amfa's thing.

I have a private question for you to ask your leadership about this?

The way the company has been handling negotiations doesn't foster any good will on the employees end. Some of the company's ask is so far fetched, you would think we are going through bankruptcy.

Reactions: 2 people
blue you are correct.  But they (the company) can ask for whatever they want, just like the union can too, it is what we all end up with at the end to vote on.  All I can say is EVERYONE needs to support the union nego's and VOTE when the time comes.  The percentile of voters and of course the results will speak volumes to the company.  When you only have, say, 50 or 60% of the membership voting on contracts, it's ALL in the favor of the company.  When you have 90% or better voting, the numbers will easily go in favor of the membership. It should be 100% participation when contract time is here, no matter how many votes we have to do, as this is our livelihood and future. But it is just sad that some people don't even take the time to vote and completely moan and complain when it is all said and done.  So when it comes time I would strongly recommend that we ALL participate and vote accordingly...

Reactions: 1 person
I am still hearing that the TWU is refusing to go to the Labor Collision meetings since the Labor Collision over ruled the TWU and teamsters and voted to bring in AMFA to the group.  Rumor has it that it was the pilots that finally realized we all will benefit from it.   How sad it is that the TWU will not attend to benefit the employees of their groups represented, ESPECIALLY since we are all in nego's currently.  I would like to see AMFA be the ADULT here and send a formal letter to TWU that they are completely more than welcome to come and attend, and be a part of the group and put business issues behind them.  I know the TWU is refusing, does anyone know if the teamsters are as well?
Big mistake by the TWU if you ask me.  Pilots finally came to realize how much we really are working together in the everday life.  Hope the TWU will put their big boys pants on and join in, but that will be totally up to them.  How they are condoning themselves and affecting their members over past union practices is pathetic and childish and I think the pilots finally saw that as well...

swamt said:
I am still hearing that the TWU is refusing to go to the Labor Collision meetings since the Labor Collision over ruled the TWU and teamsters and voted to bring in AMFA to the group.  Rumor has it that it was the pilots that finally realized we all will benefit from it.   How sad it is that the TWU will not attend to benefit the employees of their groups represented, ESPECIALLY since we are all in nego's currently.  I would like to see AMFA be the ADULT here and send a formal letter to TWU that they are completely more than welcome to come and attend, and be a part of the group and put business issues behind them.  I know the TWU is refusing, does anyone know if the teamsters are as well?
Big mistake by the TWU if you ask me.  Pilots finally came to realize how much we really are working together in the everday life.  Hope the TWU will put their big boys pants on and join in, but that will be totally up to them.  How they are condoning themselves and affecting their members over past union practices is pathetic and childish and I think the pilots finally saw that as well...
I agree. Now is not the time to take your ball and go home, it is the time to work together.

Latest posts