New Ac Coming

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
I lost track of the orders for new AC. We have 737's and 777's on order and option. Many were sold or deferred. Anyone remember or know the status of pending orders?

Our pilots were talking the other day about AA getting 7, 777's next year. Is that the deferrals and past orders on there way. Will AA have to grow the pacific, get them into service to provide much needed revenue?

Mike I have seen the orders and defferrals on Jet Net on the corporate page. I Will look later and tell you exactly but I know for sure it is on Jet Net

FA Mikey said:
I lost track of the orders for new AC. We have 737's and 777's on order and option. Many were sold or deferred. Anyone remember or know the status of pending orders?

Our pilots were talking the other day about AA getting 7, 777's next year. Is that the deferrals and past orders on there way. Will AA have to grow the pacific, get them into service to provide much needed revenue?
[post="183892"][/post]​

==============================================

Mikey,
I'm not sure "which" 777's, these 7 a/c are, but I'll tell you what I think.

It does'nt surprise me that these planes are enroute, along with the application to the DOT for Shanghai.

With UA on "the ropes", I've got a "gut" feeling that Arpey is watching the USA/Asian(China, Vietnam etc.) situation "like a hawk".

I constantly remind myself that "uncle Bobby" recruited "young Gerard" right out of business school, 20+ years ago. And while many others were speculating who would replace Carty(Garton etc.), I was wagering co-workers(before I retired), that Gerard Arpey WOULD become the main man !!

Where I'm going with this is, that the ONLY mistake RLC ever admitted to(without being under duress)(Braniff/Harding Lawrence/the FEDS), was that he "missed the boat" on Pan Am's Asian routes, that went to UA.

I've got a VERY strong feeling that "GA" will NOT let "USA/Asian(airline) history" repeat itself.

It's a safe bet that Arpey and Crandall "stay in touch", and I'd like to believe that "uncle bobby's" hand is indirectly, on the controls.

???

NH/BB's

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
==============================================

I constantly remind myself that "uncle Bobby" recruited "young Gerard" right out of business school, 20+ years ago. And while many others were speculating who would replace Carty(Garton etc.), I was wagering co-workers(before I retired), that Gerard Arpey WOULD become the main man !!

NH/BB's
[post="183918"][/post]​

WOW, it did not take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. I think most everyone at AA saw the writting on the wall there ;)

Imagolfer said:
WOW, it did not take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. I think most everyone at AA saw the writting on the wall there ;)
[post="183920"][/post]​

================================================

Well that just goes to show you that the rest of us are NOT as "smart" as YOU !!!
:rolleyes:

NH/BB's

FA Mikey said:

[post="183892"][/post]​

AA has 9 777s on order, currently scheduled for delivery starting in the spring of 2006 thru 2010.

In addition, 47 738s are scheduled for delivery in 2006 thru 2010.

Neither AA nor Boeing has announced any acceleration in those schedules.

If AA is awarded the PVG flights it has requested (beginning May 1, 2005), the 777s will have to come from S America or LGW or FRA routes (temporarily, until the following year, when the 777s begin to arrive).

Problem is that UA and its creditors know that it cannot be viable by selling off its Pacific routes. AA will not be willing to pay enough to pay off a large enough portion of UA's total value to justify UA selling only the Pacific routes while letting the rest of the airline die on the vine.

I don't think I would hold my breath that AA will end up w/ UA's Pacific routes. Good news is that AA is very well positioned to build a pretty impressive network of its own.

Times have changed, Aircraft fly further (Jfk-HKG by Cathay) and AA has built a decent operation at Tokyo( the most important destination in Asia, sorry HKG) with service to/ from LAX, SJC, ORD, DFW & JFK. The necessity to correct Bob Crandall's only major oversight doesn't have to be done by getting a hub in Japan. It can be done by multiple steps in different forms which in aggregate build a huge Asian Presence.

Service to Shanghai is a good step but Hong Kong and Singapore are also important in reaching the 3 major financial centers of Asia. 777-200LRs are the chariot of choice. Service from ORD to SIN, HKG & PVG should be priority one. Bangkok should be targeted too. Other area of the world though should not be overlokked; South Africa from Miami and JFK should be a go as service to Australia nonstop from DFW. Dallas to Sydney Nonstop by 777LR, if AA can sell Qantas( a wonderful airline) QF can help AA.