New Analyst Report AA Cash Crunch

Bags,

I've been trying to find where they (AMR) reported that, and I do remember reading it somewhere. But statements like that really depend on what your comparing. i'm not disputing anything but I know they did release a statement to that effect.

[BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/17/2003 1:45:17 PM TWAFA007 wrote: [BR][BR]Thats a cash burn rate of over $11 Million a day.[BR][BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR] [FONT size=1]And you base that statement on what hard information?[BR][BR] [BR][BR] From the October 16 2002 Earnings Release:[BR] [BR] [BR][BR][FONT face=Arial size=2]Looking forward, if the revenue environment remains depressed, the company expects to post a sizeable operating loss in the fourth quarter, most likely exceeding the third quarter loss [EM]before[/EM] special items. [BR][FONT face=Tahoma size=1] [BR][/FONT] [BR][BR] [FONT face=Tahoma size=1]Third Quarter Loss before special items was $475 million dollars.Q3 Special[BR] items totaled $449 million dollars,and were mostly non cash in nature.[BR] Total loss for the Quarter was $924 million dollars.[BR][BR] The company has already stated there will be a sizeable charge to equity [BR] relating to pension issues.[BR][BR] It's not too much of a stretch to speculate that the Q4 loss will exceed $475[BR] million before special items now is it? Factor in the special items charges [BR] and look at that, you've got a Billion and change loss for the quarter.[BR][BR] [BR] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

I think Jane Allen said that ORD and STL were the most profitable and STL and DFW operated best. You'd have to go back to her weekly messages.bb

What's all this "most profitable" talk? About a month ago our regional manager was in town and said AA was only profitable on 8 routes in it's whole system. I don't remember anyone mentioning STL as "most profitable."

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/17/2003 7:15:37 PM bagsmasher wrote:

What's all this "most profitable" talk? About a month ago our regional manager was in town and said AA was only profitable on 8 routes in it's whole system. I don't remember anyone mentioning STL as "most profitable."
----------------
[/blockquote]

It's all relative--at this juncture "most profitable" probably translates factually to "least UNprofitable"...

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/17/2003 1:45:17 PM TWAFA007 wrote:

Mr Carty has said time & time again that the TWA LLC, STL Hub is the most profitable hub in the system and without that purchase AA would have to shrink even more than it did.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Yeah and DC also said that he would not seek concessions from the workgroups...Man speaks with forked tongue.
I actually believe DC says this about STL to keep you guys happy and giddy about TWA still being around in some sort of capacity, and if you take the blinders off you'll see that he's piecemealing STL slowly and surely behind your backs. But hey, He does say STL is the MOST PROFITABLE hub in the system, i guess that's enough to keep you guys smiling...for now.

You hit the nail on the head on every point you talked about..
Blunder after Blunder for AA Senior Management..
I really feel bad for the front line folks at AA.Most of them are very dedicated to their jobs..They deserve much better from their so called leaders.I witnessed first hand
what they are made of,and I can say that with the guy upstairs
as my witness.Anyone that can look you straight in the eye
and lie to you are not getting any respect from me..
And it isn"t just because I don"t agree with AA management
as some of you feel.It is the truth,you will see it will all play out over the next few Months.
AA,Enron, And Dubya if you don"t believe it just go to
www.corpwatch.org
some verrry interesting reading there..
some former Senior AA Management now working for Dubya
hmmmm I wonder if it could be true..