New CEO for AirTran

Status
Not open for further replies.
hands down the most mismanaged airline on the face of the planet. 0-2 in expansion wars, constant turnover, a low level of backing for its own employees! good luck to the next schmo who accepts a job with these knuckle heads.

hands down the most mismanaged airline on the face of the planet. 0-2 in expansion wars, constant turnover, a low level of backing for its own employees! good luck to the next schmo who accepts a job with these knuckle heads.
No we're not. Are not, are not, are not, are not. :rolleyes: Your interview didn't go so well, huh? :lol:

Mikeypoo.... I see you have a vast experience in reading the writing on the wall. Why didn't you come in sooner and save us all, so we would not have to face the reality of being the worst Airline? Yanno, I'll stick with my 'Mis-managed' airline b/c whether you like it or not, or believe it, we manage to make a profit. I'm sure it's not as much as you rake in, but Hey, we try. Yep, we suck at expansion.... We didn't feel it necessary to over-pay for what the two were worth... forget about expanding in MDW or MKE. WN owns MDW and NWA will soon own MKE. :shock: Oh, the constant turnover..... yes, we are the only Company in the World that has 'turnover'! You know of exact numbers because the HR Department Hotline is busy and I can't get through to ask. As for backing employees, I'd say they do just fine but then again, I'm not as smart as you are. You know it all.... So Mike.... You sound like you are either bitter over not getting the CEO job or working the Blue Juice Truck. Either way, I'm glad you will not be joining us for Thanksgiving Dinner. I hear JetBlue is hiring.... You'll fit right in at JFK! Happy Holidays Skippy ! :lol:
Edit by me: BTW, Perhaps you could get a job at Midwest and get a Fresh Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie to go with your glass of Milk before you go to bed every night.

I would not consider FL mismangaed. They are able to operate a sucessfull hub in a highly competitive enviroment, namely ATL right in DL's back yard and have managed to maintain steady growth. So they tried and failed to aquire a regional carrier with compatable equipment types, thats not mismanagement that was a calculated business decision.

" Your interview didn't go so well, huh?"

Went fine to be honest. I was a supervisor for FL. Turned down the first opportunity to be a sup for them, then took the second opp they gave me. Probably had more to do with the fact they realized im not stupid enough to work for the peanuts they offer as a company with that first salary offer. "competitve pay....LOL

"Yanno, I'll stick with my 'Mis-managed' airline b/c whether you like it or not, or believe it, we manage to make a profit. I'm sure it's not as much as you rake in, but Hey, we try."

Really? Certainly nothing to scoff at, but then again, SO IS EVERYONE ELSE!

"We didn't feel it necessary to over-pay for what the two were worth... forget about expanding in MDW or MKE. WN owns MDW and NWA will soon own MKE. "

Correction, you couldn't afford to keep up with the competition. Do you think AA had the money to pay for that takeover some years back in STL? No, in fact, many analysts have said time and time again they overpaid for it. What it did was eliminate a lot of competition for them and push them into the slot as the biggest airline in the world.

"Oh, the constant turnover..... yes, we are the only Company in the World that has 'turnover'! You know of exact numbers because the HR Department Hotline is busy and I can't get through to ask. As for backing employees, I'd say they do just fine but then again, I'm not as smart as you are. You know it all.... So Mike.... You sound like you are either bitter over not getting the CEO job or working the Blue Juice Truck. Either way, I'm glad you will not be joining us for Thanksgiving Dinner. I hear JetBlue is hiring.... You'll fit right in at JFK! Happy Holidays Skippy !"

Yes, the constant turnover. How many supervisors have they gone through at PHX, LAS, PWM, FLL? One of those jobs is open at least once a month(go ahead and tell yourself the expansion is just off the charts or FL just promotes soooo well....lol) They are looking for a new duty manager or Customer Service Manager every other month at ATL. FL has a habit of sticking its head in the sand when it comes to operational issues instead of dealing with the real problems of mismanaged people. And yes, other than the winter storm snafu, B6 has a much better reputation than FL.

I would not consider FL mismangaed. They are able to operate a sucessfull hub in a highly competitive enviroment, namely ATL right in DL's back yard and have managed to maintain steady growth. So they tried and failed to aquire a regional carrier with compatable equipment types, thats not mismanagement that was a calculated business decision."

That has more to do with WN not being there than it does with a solid business plan by FL. They are also having decent success at MSP, DFW, LGA.....have you looked at WN's route map.....put 2 and 2 together.

and yes, it was a calculated business decision....so was my decision not to buy a house i couldnt afford.

keep drinking the kool-aid, guys. you will all fit in well with the rest of the management at this goofy little company. :)

Went fine to be honest. I was a supervisor for FL. Turned down the first opportunity to be a sup for them, then took the second opp they gave me. Probably had more to do with the fact they realized im not stupid enough to work for the peanuts they offer as a company with that first salary offer. "competitve pay....LOL
Really? Certainly nothing to scoff at, but then again, SO IS EVERYONE ELSE!
Correction, you couldn't afford to keep up with the competition. Do you think AA had the money to pay for that takeover some years back in STL? No, in fact, many analysts have said time and time again they overpaid for it. What it did was eliminate a lot of competition for them and push them into the slot as the biggest airline in the world.
Yes, the constant turnover. How many supervisors have they gone through at PHX, LAS, PWM, FLL? One of those jobs is open at least once a month(go ahead and tell yourself the expansion is just off the charts or FL just promotes soooo well....lol) They are looking for a new duty manager or Customer Service Manager every other month at ATL. FL has a habit of sticking its head in the sand when it comes to operational issues instead of dealing with the real problems of mismanaged people. And yes, other than the winter storm snafu, B6 has a much better reputation than FL.
That has more to do with WN not being there than it does with a solid business plan by FL. They are also having decent success at MSP, DFW, LGA.....have you looked at WN's route map.....put 2 and 2 together.

and yes, it was a calculated business decision....so was my decision not to buy a house i couldnt afford.
keep drinking the kool-aid, guys. you will all fit in well with the rest of the management at this goofy little company. :)
Wow Mike... you are a tad 'Spooled' up. Where do we start... You became a Supervisor? Congrats on that but, it doesn't mean you are smarter than you obviously think you are. So is everyone else making $? Really! How did Midwest fair in this last quarter? Turnover will remain high at most Airlines due to people like you who know everything and want to change the world. Sorry you couldn't afford that house you wanted to buy. Perhaps if you didn't #### so much you'd still have your job! Gawd you sound like a wife. As for Koolaid... Not in this life Son.. there are better things. Have a nice day...

So you discovered that working as a supervisor at a low-cost airline wouldn't make you rich. My condolences. "EVERYONE ELSE" hasn't been profitable each year, for the last 7 years. We're one of the few that have, and we're one of the few that are currently profitable without resorting to bankruptcy. Can't afford to keep up with the competition??? We can't keep up with Midwest? Really?!?! Or, are you referring to SW? No, you couldn't be doing that, because you imply that the only reason we're in existence is because we don't compete with SW at ATL, DFW, LGA, etc. Who is it that we can't afford to keep up with? How many supervisors have we been through in PHX, LAS, PWM, and FLL? I don't have a clue. Why don't YOU tell us??? I'm sure there's plenty of people out there, like yourself, who discover that they can't handle the job. Just because you and a few others couldn't hang and quit, isn't a reflection on the company, or for that matter, on yourself. It takes a special breed to join this industry and stay for the long haul. I came to this company 13 years ago, with the attitude that I would do whatever it took to help make it successful. Sounds like you came wanting the work to already be done, so you could enjoy the fruits of everyone else's efforts. Hopefully, you can turn your frustration :angry: at your lack of success at AirTran into something positive. :up:

I also read you guys are adding flights from MCO and ATL to SJU. congrats to that, glad to see that you'll be flying to the Caribb again. It will surely be a good market for you.
I hope so... Competition will be tough with so many Carriers going there. I wish we'd go for SJO(San Jose, Costa Rica). That would make my day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts