New COO looking to improve operations

I don't think anyone expects Sabre to come back. But how about letting the agents use SHARES - as in the native system instead of QIK. QIK is the real problem, not SHARES, per se. If QIK is so great why don't OCC and (many) offices at Tempe use it instead of the native system.
The agent staffing strategy going into the future does not fund the employee skills that would be required. We need to prepare now for the future. It is a matter of costs/expenses.

Whatever the credentials of this new COO are, he has his work cut out for him! Compare standing at the bottom of Mt. Everest with NO resources to get to the top. Should be interesting.
I would be scared sh*tless too if I were told to scale Mt.Everest and saw that everyone of the Tempe mindset is wearing flipflops and drinking Dougweiser, Scotchkoolaid and Starbucks. (And they are expecting HIM to correct their mistakes from the sidelines?) This new guy needs to be given the tools and the budget to correct THIS MESS (that began LAST FALL). And if HE has any sense HE will say NO to China as well....not until THE HOUSE is IN ORDER.

September 2006 - Crellin "resigns" and Kirby is appointed President. He's given a salary increase from $425,000 to $490,000
because of his increased responsibilities of the day to day operation.

September 2007 (one year later) - Kirby hires a guy to do his job at a salary of about $400,000

I doubt Kirby's salary will decrease. Do you?

So basically US Airways is now paying $890,000 a year salary for what Kirby didn't do...run the operation.....Oh that's right...we had an unusual jetstream...oh and yes ! the ATC system screwed us !

"I hear ya ! We need to fix that...we are working hard."
I was under the impression that Kirby took over the duties of Mr. McClelland when he passed away..
Well anyway, Mr. Kirby SHOULD be getting a pay CUT since they hired this other guy.....Hey fat cat shareholders, Are you awake ??