New Deal For Us Airways' Salaried Workers?

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
New deal for US Airways' salaried workers?
Airline seeks to spend $55 million as possible severance, retention lure
TONY MECIA
Staff Writer

US Airways is asking a bankruptcy court to allow it to pay as much as $55 million to executives and other white-collar workers to encourage them to stay with the company, the airline said in a court filing late Monday.

charlotte observer

• New contracts for the company's top 25 executives, at a cost of up to $18 million. Some of the details of the payments would actually be less generous than their current employment contracts allow. For instance, the company's nine executive and senior vice presidents -- who earn up to $317,000 a year -- would take only twice their annual salary in severance, as opposed to triple their annual salaries now guaranteed under their contracts.

The bulk of the incentives -- up to $32 million -- would be in the form of a promise of severance benefits to up to 1,900 salaried workers who might not be retained if US Airways merges with America West.
here you go....they told us this would be the best way to retain employees through a merger...i think someone is BS'ING us.....if they're worried about salaried emp's you know they'll be wacking labor...take it to the bank!
US Airways has its largest hub in Charlotte, which is home to about 5,600 of the airline's 25,000 workers. Most are union workers who would not be covered under the plan.
what i tell you...........let them eat cake........
i got mine,thank you bruce.......

Sad part is the Court, which does everything USAirways requests, will give them the cash. It truely is Sad that the Company is going to spend all this cash while the HARD WORKING Front Line Employees in over TWENTY cities are being out sourced. In my Dreams, for once, I would like to see the IAM stand up to this one. But we all know, that will never happen. I hope they all burn in Hell ! ! !

This is FRIGGEN BULLLLSHITTT!.

Can't get Lakefield to extend medical premium coverage for f/as who are ill on a medical leave. We are only permitted to have 90-days of active rate while on LTD, Maternity, OIJ, and any medical leave. After that WE PAY FULL COBRA PREMIUMS.

He told me to give us an additional 6 months coverage at the employee active rate would cost the co. money and he told me AFA would have to find the funds. Jerry, who just GOT PROMOTED TO OFFICER LAST MONTH, SAID THIS IS WHAT WE NEGOTIATED.

It was under bk abrogation. They make me sick.

I JUST FOUND THE FUNDS! ITS FROM THE SAME 'WELL' HE IS PAYING THESE GD KNUCKLEHEADS RETENTION BONSUSES SO THEY CAN CONTINUE TO STAY ON AND DO THEIR INEPT PERFORMANCE!!!!! :down: :down:

:angry:

US Airways is asking a bankruptcy court to allow it to pay as much as $55 million to executives and other white-collar workers to encourage them to stay with the company, the airline said in a court filing late Monday.

is there any way an argument against such a move can be presented before the judge by labor's attorneys or even the creditor's attorneys?

55million dollars?

thats a lot of cash to a management leadership that allowed the events of this past

Christmas to unfold in such an embarrising mess!

gecas , rsa, tpg.....what the heck is going on?

talk about robbing banks!

this is criminal!

enough of this trash, hope the judge will entertain any opposing argument

and tell usairways to forget this idea!

:angry2: :censored:

Un-fricken-believable........retention bonuses and rewards for what? Take away the parachutes already!

Who are the 1,700 personnel who are being kept with promises of "retainers". There are only so many managers in the company...who are the rest?

Well I can tell you, if the Judge Approves this crap, Things are not going to go so well. I would expect all contract employees to work by the book. Also, not to call it a job action, but maybe the ALPO group might consider writing up MINOR aircraft problems to have contract maintenance called out to look at these things.

TOTAL, TOTAL BULLCRAP ! ! ! ! !

CCY has just shown again what they are here for.

I hope AWA and all investors see what this company is all about........ ME ME ME

and screw everyone else.

TOLD YOU SO. US Airways employees are being SCAMMED. "They" see the writing on the wall and are preparing for the final stages of looting the company and paying out big bonuses using YOUR money. Suckers.

700uw failed to post the part of the article.

"In the court filing, US Airways said many of the employees covered by the plan are "absolutely critical to the operations" of the company and "to lose them on an accelerated and unplanned basis would present dangerous risks." The airline said it has already lost 60 workers to competitors in the past year, and that now the prospect of a merger with America West has created anxiety about employees' work prospects."

P.S.

Pitbull, you might call someone in mgt on the phone and no one will answer.

HAWK, what about the HUNDREDS of FSA's & Utility that just got SCREWED ? ? ?
They were not Critical? EVERYONE can be replaced !!!! OUT SOURCE YOU TOO ! ! ! Maybe all FSA's system wide should call in sick, they are not critical. And since we would not be paid for being out sick................

Hey Hawk,

How much is your retention bonus?

And if you think the talent at CCY is worth paying a retention bonus you all need to be drug tested.

Hawk said:
700uw failed to post the part of the article.

"In the court filing, US Airways said many of the employees covered by the plan are "absolutely critical to the operations" of the company and "to lose them on an accelerated and unplanned basis would present dangerous risks." The airline said it has already lost 60 workers to competitors in the past year, and that now the prospect of a merger with America West has created anxiety about employees' work prospects."
[post="268013"][/post]​

These are the ones that need to go. You have drove this company & the employees right into the ground. You have pretty much taken every thing we have while you get richer & richer. I fail to understand how any of you sleep at night. I am going to stop before I say something here I will regret.

Latest posts