US Airways top execs enter into new change-of-control deals

So good to be back from the self-imposed cornfield!

Some personal attacks, but I cannot apologize if some believe groupthink is a required part in the exchange of ideas.

May we never live in interesting times with the "Ghost of Airline CEO's Past", for if we did we might confuse Doug Parker with Gordon Bethune as we would all be under the leadership of Carl Icahn, Frank Lorenzo or Michael Conway. 'Tis the Season to be Grateful... so let's try.

Someone on another thread mentioned that the primary problem perhaps is not so much with Parker, but with the people around him, and I think has been a valid issue. From supervisors, managers, VP's we have the appearance of an open door, but a close mind and too many incompetent people running the operation. Nice people, but that does not mean they know what they are doing. Probably a knock against Parker is his unwillingness to show the door to long-term America West VP's and Managers go who aren't cutting it. And this shows itself from Res Migraine, aircraft re-configuration, and general appearance of the operation. The impetus of change regarding these matters was not the problem, and I don't expect any CEO to have knee-deep involvement in every aspect of an operation, but someone needs to be held accountable whoever was in charge. Good CEO's know how to delegate and great CEO's know when to terminate an Adminstrator. I give him a high C to low B for an overall grade, and giving a great deal of credit for merging these two anchors together so they have a chance of not sinking separately years ago.

As for operation numbers, let's face it, PHL is dragging down a great part of the total numbers. From obsolete infrastructure, poor attitudes and unfortunate geography, I don't think anyone can fix it, and I wouldn't blame Parker for this mess, but rather some credit in the improvement that has been demonstrated. It wouldn't suprise me if US/UA merger was to happen, IAD would become primary and PHL would be greatly pulled down.

And finally, part-timers are not the problem, even those here primarily for benefits. Many of us have been here for years, do our jobs exceptionally well. Many of us are highly educated, older, experienced, conscientious, and take pride in our work. For those who think that people like me are the problem, get a hundred more rampers like me and your planes would go out faster, your MBR's would be noticeably lower, and your equipment damaged far less.

So pontificates Jester.