US Airways top execs enter into new change-of-control deals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I understand the need to compensate upper management but come on with still no fair agreement
For most of our groups this is just another slap in the face to this group of great employees

Hey, look I am no great fan in Parker in particular how after the West rampers have been tooled by both him and IAM, but I am also not going to blame his pay from "crowding out" available company money for a pay raise either.

Let's stop focusing on the shrill and the emotions with a healthy dose of class envy over executive pay and look past this hatred and be a little more grounded in our views.

"Class envy"?...Where's any demonstrated "class" up there to "envy" ? :blink: ;)

"...look past this hatred and be a little more grounded in our views". You're joking, right? I'd offer that the overall views are well grounded, and the venting's quite minor. In any less restrained society there'd be lynch mobs arising from anything approaching this level of callous theft, deception, and looting. "Let 'em eat cake" generally only plays any theater for just so long.......

Hey, look I am no great fan in Parker in particular how after the West rampers have been tooled by both him and IAM, but I am also not going to blame his pay from "crowding out" available company money for a pay raise either.

I don't know the exact figures but assuming Parker is averaging $3 million a year after bonuses, stock option, etc. and there are 30,000 employees, that's $100 per employee? Sorry, that isn't going to make or break my finances for the year. Throw in the whole executive crew's pay and that still isn't going to move me into a higher socio-economic class or higher income tax bracket either. Let's stop focusing on the shrill and the emotions with a healthy dose of class envy over executive pay and look past this hatred and be a little more grounded in our views.

Furthermore, if something eats at you this badly, you need to find another occupation, regardless of wherever you are employed. As it was said in "The Godfather, Part II"... "This is the business we have chosen."

So scribes Jester.

Class envy? Man you completely miss the point! I'm pretty sure everyone is focusing on rewarding the incompetence. Not class envy. Sounds like you are a great fan of Parker. I suppose you can justify his earnings here? Are you remotely aware of the crap airline he and his minions are running?

You want folks who have been here for decades to leave if this eats at us eh? Yeah, I'll just shut up and allow this crap to continue and watch him and his teenage drinking buddies run this company into the ground.

Figure it out.

Class envy? Man you completely miss the point! I'm pretty sure everyone is focusing on rewarding the incompetence. Not class envy. Sounds like you are a great fan of Parker. I suppose you can justify his earnings here? Are you remotely aware of the crap airline he and his minions are running?

You want folks who have been here for decades to leave if this eats at us eh? Yeah, I'll just shut up and allow this crap to continue and watch him and his teenage drinking buddies run this company into the ground.

Figure it out.

That "incompetence" saved your job a few years ago because no one else was showing up at the US Airways bed side on life support with a week to live. Try to be grateful during the holidays. You may not agree with how things are being done, but frankly, you don't get paid the big bucks to make the corporation decisions. When I review the history of pilots running airlines in a post-regulation environment, it isn't a pretty one. How's Frank Borman's Eastern doing? How about William Seawell's Pan Am?

As for your decades of service, if you are this miserable, you should leave. I'm miserable about being here? Sure, and I'm ready to strike for pay parity and if I get replaced, then BFD... what do I have to lose? Here's the difference, I'm ready to walk, and you are ready to talk... and talk some more... and talk additionally... and talk furthermore.... and talk incessantly...... Just remember, "This is the business we have chosen," and you have no one else to blame but the person you see in the mirror.

So lectures Jester.

That "incompetence" saved your job a few years ago because no one else was showing up at the US Airways bed side on life support with a week to live. Try to be grateful during the holidays. You may not agree with how things are being done, but frankly, you don't get paid the big bucks to make the corporation decisions. When I review the history of pilots running airlines in a post-regulation environment, it isn't a pretty one. How's Frank Borman's Eastern doing? How about William Seawell's Pan Am?

As for your decades of service, if you are this miserable, you should leave. I'm miserable about being here? Sure, and I'm ready to strike for pay parity and if I get replaced, then BFD... what do I have to lose? Here's the difference, I'm ready to walk, and you are ready to talk... and talk some more... and talk additionally... and talk furthermore.... and talk incessantly...... Just remember, "This is the business we have chosen," and you have no one else to blame but the person you see in the mirror.

So lectures Jester.

"That "incompetence" saved your job a few years ago because no one else was showing up at the US Airways bed side on life support with a week to live." Really? NO other
possible deals whatsoever?..(Given that the money didn't come in the slightest from AWA in any case), Lakefield and the boys were fine with watching it all go up in smoke otherwise?....You've full certainty of this "fact"?

Hmmm...so, with the anti pilot notions considered: Perhaps Eddie Rickenbacker's Eastern?...Howard Hughes' TWA? Borman, although he became some degree of a lying corporate scumbag, could/did actually find his way to the moon and back. The current crop of local clowns evidently couldn't even find there way to decent costume shops based on their halloween apparel, and it was Lorenzo that gutted the company and nailed the coffin shut on Eastern anyway......Or do we have long term memory loss here? :lol: Hmmm..as memory serves...it'd seem like American Airlines even began with some guys like Lindbergh flying mail sacks around. Yup...clearly the answer's more corporate/MBA swine without the slightest feel for, nor any visionary notions for commercial aerial conveyance.

"you don't get paid the big bucks to make the corporation decisions" More's the pity that those making said decisions (Shares/et al/ad nauseum) receive anything more than minimum wage for their inspired "genius".

I do applaud your convictions and stated willigness to walk...but don't feel like the Lone Ranger.

That "incompetence" saved your job a few years ago because no one else was showing up at the US Airways bed side on life support with a week to live. Try to be grateful during the holidays.

As for your decades of service, if you are this miserable, you should leave. I'm miserable about being here? Sure, and I'm ready to strike for pay parity and if I get replaced, then BFD... what do I have to lose?

So lectures Jester.

Parker showed up on life support and laundered the money provided by the Usairways pyramid schemers at that time.

How US Airways/America West merger got off the ground

"if you are this miserable, you should leave."

I hear ignorant people say this about citizens of this country, ie: if you do not like this why don't you go back to .........

As far as the holidays go, the leaders of this company are looking out for themselves, do not blame employees if they respond in kind.

Regarding my previous link to the article I provided,

"Virgin Atlantic wanted lots of US Airways assets -- gates, planes, airport equipment -- to help launch a new U.S. airline"

The above quote will be a major player for Usairways and other airlines after the first of the year, employees of these assets need not apply.

"if you are this miserable, you should leave."

I hear ignorant people say this about citizens of this country, ie: if you do not like this why don't you go back to .........

That comment always gets me. I'd love to immigrate to someplace nice like New Zealand or maybe the UK or a few places in Europe but they don't generally accept US citizens unless you have a degree in something that they're lacking.

Where to begin? So many issues in so short of time....

Nostradamus: '"Virgin Atlantic wanted lots of US Airways assets -- gates, planes, airport equipment -- to help launch a new U.S. airline' The above quote will be a major player for Usairways and other airlines after the first of the year, employees of these assets need not apply."

You're absolutely right. Plenty of buyers for the assets, but not the whole company and once the US Airways carass had been picked over, the rest, especially the employees, would be tossed out.

Nostradamus: "I hear ignorant people say this about citizens of this country, ie: if you do not like this why don't you go back to..... "

Leaving a job vs. leaving a country along with your citizenship are not even remotely close in terms of comparison or difficulty. Especially if you consider most people change careers 5 or 6 times during their life time. How many people change their citizenship 5 or 6 times in their life? Life is too short to be miserable, now if you think that's "ignorant" then enjoy your misery.

EastUS: "Really? NO other possible deals whatsoever?"

Nope, no one else showed up at the BK hearing to make a better offer. There was one crazy woman out of Atlanta who claimed to have "European investors" lined up, but since she was a complete unknown and the investors were unidentified, it would be hard to take her seriously. Sorry, the fat lady was clearing her throat for US Airways.

EastUS: "Perhaps Eddie Rickenbacker's Eastern?...Howard Hughes' TWA? Borman, although he became some degree of a lying corporate scumbag, could/did actually find his way to the moon and back."

And recall what I said, "post-(de)regulation environment". Any monkey can make money with a cost-plus pricing system that the CAB was willing to support under Federal law. None of those people you mentioned were either in the business or succeeded in the business once the market was opened up to pricing competition and routes. As for Borman, just because he could find his way to the moon and back, doesn't mean he could find his way around an income statement or balance sheet. If you want more insights as to Borman's mismanagement, you should read "Hard Landings". There is a reason for specializations because some people have better skill set at certain tasks than others. Years ago America West had cross-trained ramp agents with customer service reps in large stations, and my mind still recoils at the prospects of either side trying to do the other's job with few exceptions.

Nostradamus, I read that article at the time it was written and yes, there were plenty of outside money, and America West came in with around $130 million of its own money, which is remarkable to be able to control another large airline for the cost of a few new jets. However, it wasn't all ham 'n jam, because Parker assumed a huge Philly mess, angry workforce, and labor groups with an overwhelming sense of entitlement. It was either a brilliant business move or a pending disaster, either way, those early investors got their money already out.

EastUS, you might "applaud your convictions and stated willigness to walk," but the Easties' IAM won't allow Section 6 to happen for West to strike, but who knows, I might just quit instead as the 9-something/hour and free travel on over sold flights isn't worth the frustration of being here.

So commiserates Jester.

Where to begin? So many issues in so short of time....

Nostradamus: '"Virgin Atlantic wanted lots of US Airways assets -- gates, planes, airport equipment -- to help launch a new U.S. airline' The above quote will be a major player for Usairways and other airlines after the first of the year, employees of these assets need not apply."

You're absolutely right. Plenty of buyers for the assets, but not the whole company and once the US Airways carass had been picked over, the rest, especially the employees, would be tossed out.

Nostradamus: "I hear ignorant people say this about citizens of this country, ie: if you do not like this why don't you go back to..... "

Leaving a job vs. leaving a country along with your citizenship are not even remotely close in terms of comparison or difficulty. Especially if you consider most people change careers 5 or 6 times during their life time. How many people change their citizenship 5 or 6 times in their life? Life is too short to be miserable, now if you think that's "ignorant" then enjoy your misery.

EastUS: "Really? NO other possible deals whatsoever?"

Nope, no one else showed up at the BK hearing to make a better offer. There was one crazy woman out of Atlanta who claimed to have "European investors" lined up, but since she was a complete unknown and the investors were unidentified, it would be hard to take her seriously. Sorry, the fat lady was clearing her throat for US Airways.

EastUS: "Perhaps Eddie Rickenbacker's Eastern?...Howard Hughes' TWA? Borman, although he became some degree of a lying corporate scumbag, could/did actually find his way to the moon and back."

And recall what I said, "post-(de)regulation environment". Any monkey can make money with a cost-plus pricing system that the CAB was willing to support under Federal law. None of those people you mentioned were either in the business or succeeded in the business once the market was opened up to pricing competition and routes. As for Borman, just because he could find his way to the moon and back, doesn't mean he could find his way around an income statement or balance sheet. If you want more insights as to Borman's mismanagement, you should read "Hard Landings". There is a reason for specializations because some people have better skill set at certain tasks than others. Years ago America West had cross-trained ramp agents with customer service reps in large stations, and my mind still recoils at the prospects of either side trying to do the other's job with few exceptions.

Nostradamus, I read that article at the time it was written and yes, there were plenty of outside money, and America West came in with around $130 million of its own money, which is remarkable to be able to control another large airline for the cost of a few new jets. However, it wasn't all ham 'n jam, because Parker assumed a huge Philly mess, angry workforce, and labor groups with an overwhelming sense of entitlement. It was either a brilliant business move or a pending disaster, either way, those early investors got their money already out.

EastUS, you might "applaud your convictions and stated willigness to walk," but the Easties' IAM won't allow Section 6 to happen for West to strike, but who knows, I might just quit instead as the 9-something/hour and free travel on over sold flights isn't worth the frustration of being here.

So commiserates Jester.

"Nostradamus: '"Virgin Atlantic wanted lots of US Airways assets -- gates, planes, airport equipment -- to help launch a new U.S. airline' The above quote will be a major player for Usairways and other airlines after the first of the year, employees of these assets need not apply."

You're absolutely right. Plenty of buyers for the assets, but not the whole company and once the US Airways carass had been picked over, the rest, especially the employees, would be tossed out."

Your point on my point please?

Your point on my point please?

"Parker assumed a huge Philly mess, angry workforce, and labor groups with an overwhelming sense of entitlement. It was either a brilliant business move or a pending disaster, either way, those early investors got their money already out."

Philly is a mess, he has angered the work force more with his selfish actions, you and your boss Doug think they are entitled, this is a pending disaster and the employees are going to get what they can, out of their investment.

Good day MS spin doctor.

By the way jester, in your profile for usaviation.com for message board memebers, I added your quote below. Is your goal to devalue the character of pilots?

Your witness sir.

Jester profile
Personal Statement
"That was some of the best flying I've seen to date - COMMENT DELETED BY MODERATOR. I GUESS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR TIME OFF . IF SO THIS IS HOW YOU GET IT.

Personal Info
Jester

Statistics
Profile Views: 76*
Viewing Topic: US Airways top execs enter into new change-of-control deals
Local Time: Dec 1 2007, 08:27 PM
22 posts (0 per day)

Latest posts