New Express (republic) Base In South Florida

USA320Pilot said:
FLL is not done. The company tried to sell Panama City and San Salvador, but there was not enough demand and it was unsuccessful. Some things work and some things fail.

Expect more FLL expansion in the future.

Furthermore, expect the Republic IBT to acquiesce to Brian Bedford’s plans and provide EMB-170 and EMB-190 contract relief in the not-to-distant future.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="285529"][/post]​
what type of expansion could we possibly expect to see in fll? more caribbean, more domestic, or south america? there is always speculation surrounding possible s. american destinations, however, i would anticipate clt being the gateway? nevertheless, i am very curious about that claim!

autofixer said:
FLL mainline crew base...the company is buying 2,600 hotel rooms per month.
[post="285616"][/post]​

I'm surprised CCY hasn't tried to save money on the hotel rooms and have the flight crew just sleep on RON aircraft.

USA320Pilot said:
FLL is not done. The company tried to sell Panama City and San Salvador, but there was not enough demand and it was unsuccessful. Some things work and some things fail.

Expect more FLL expansion in the future.

Furthermore, expect the Republic IBT to acquiesce to Brian Bedford’s plans and provide EMB-170 and EMB-190 contract relief in the not-to-distant future.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="285529"][/post]​

That is good news for the MDA folks.

Not sure that the first is true though. Reports have the loads high till the anouncement of pulling the flights. Also was told that the goverments are in the process of suing AAA for failure to hold to their contract for mail delivery. Was also told marketing is pulling its hair out due to no aircraft.

On another note;

Is the new res center in San Salvador? Did the new employees get 5 buck an hour with no bennies but unlimited nonrev travel on AAA? NICE

With a New England tone....You can't get there from here.

legacy-to-LCC said:
what type of expansion could we possibly expect to see in fll? more caribbean, more domestic, or south america? there is always speculation surrounding possible s. american destinations, however, i would anticipate clt being the gateway? nevertheless, i am very curious about that claim!
[post="285623"][/post]​

The reason the FLL gateway was opened up was because, even with feed, CLT cannot support certain destinations, such as GUA, SDQ, and KIN. The most solid rumour I've been hearing is that US Airways is planning a daily A319 to Lima. Lima is a very high yielding market with limited service from the US, far less than demand. A daily A319 will be a winner.

realtime said:
Actually, ALPA says Republic could operate E-190s "under certain provisions"...

Bedford needs IBT to amend the contract, and they are discussing that this week
[post="285603"][/post]​

Actually, under the prevailing circumstances, signed agreements do not allow Republic or anybody else, other than US Airways, to operate E190s.

But you are on to something when you say that ALPA says Republic could.

When the AAA MEC is involved, signed agreements are never enforced. Why bother negotiating anything ever again. What the AAA MEC really needs is a big rubber stamp with the image of a pilot bent over and smiling.

Pensions? No problem, let's bend over. :up:

Profit-sharing? No problem, let's bend over. :up:

Scope? No problem, let's bend over. :up:

Anything the company wants? No problem, let's all bend over. Where's that rubber stamp? B)

Good luck to the IBT in all this mess. At least they know what a Union is supposed to be. And don't stop with the E190s, play your cards right and you guys will sooner or later get the Airbus fleet or something like it. :(

Has anyone heard that FLL-SJO will be discontinued? I heard this from a FLL commuter.

It appears that CLT-SJO goes to weekend only in late September - could that be a seasonal adjustment?

However, FLL-SJO still shows as daily thru October on the website. I didn't check further than that.

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
It appears that CLT-SJO goes to weekend only in late September - could that be a seasonal adjustment?

Jim
[post="286513"][/post]​

I'm almost certain it is. Big seasonal Caribbean pullbacks in Sept/Oct. Several of the FLL routes go to 5x weekly, some PHL/CLT routes lose frequencies, some PIT and BOS routes stop altogether, etc.

Of course, if they'd load the darn November schedule, we'd know for sure. :p

Thanks for the information. Are they really going to discontinue the BOS-FLL nonstop? So much for the increase p2p flying from focus cities. :down:

They're only temporary. Plans are to put the E170s into FLL starting in November.

Original game plan was E170s flying FLL-EYW/MCO/TPA/PNS/MSY/NAS/PLS/GCM/CLT and I'd expect them to follow up with those. EYW has outperformed company expectations and there is room for a RON there. US still holds authority for all these routes out of FLL... once more E170s come online, expect them to take over FLL growth.

I've also heard CLT/DAB and CLT/MLB as possible new routes.

JSsup said:
I've also heard CLT/DAB and CLT/MLB as possible new routes.
[post="286749"][/post]​

I had the displeasure of flying the last flight out of DAB when we ceased service - a sad day. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to fly the first return flight.....

Jim

Latest posts

Back