new 30 Embraer 175 aircraft to US Airways Express

According to the State of the airline the flying of the 175 had to go to Republic there was no way to do it inhouse.

That is a crock, they flew the 170s in-house and the 190s will be done in-house.

Sounds like total boosheet to me.

That is a crock, they flew the 170s in-house and the 190s will be done in-house.

Sounds like total boosheet to me.

We don't fly the 170's anymore and we also needed to get rid of some 50 seaters. So how better would it have been if we gave the 175 to PSA and gave Piedmont employees the pink slip.

We don't fly the 170's anymore and we also needed to get rid of some 50 seaters. So how better would it have been if we gave the 175 to PSA and gave Piedmont employees the pink slip.
Since PSA is probably going to end up with the CRJ900's(fleet commonality), and the 175's supposedly "couldn't" be flown on mainline, why not give the 175's to PDT?

Since PSA is probably going to end up with the CRJ900's(fleet commonality), and the 175's supposedly "couldn't" be flown on mainline, why not give the 175's to PDT?
According to the web cast-
We have way too many 50 seat aircraft.
Chatauqua/Republic was willing to replace 50 seat RJ's with 86 seat EJ's. Since they are contracted for years to come it makes sense to have them fly more efficient aircraft under their current contract. Financially it makes good sense, personally it hurts. We are out to actually make money (a first). We'll see what happens with good ole Piedmont, I wish only the best.

Chatauqua/Republic was willing to replace 50 seat RJ's with 86 seat EJ's. Since they are contracted for years to come it makes sense to have them fly more efficient aircraft under their current contract. Financially it makes good sense, personally it hurts. We are out to actually make money (a first). We'll see what happens with good ole Piedmont, I wish only the best.

Hey there was some good news for Piedmont. Management acknowledged that they were in preliminary discussions with Bombardier for new Q300s and Q400s to replace the current Dash 8 fleet. :up:

The one and only reason why an 86 seat aircraft can be at express is because ALPA mainline rolled over during the transition agreement. This A/C is not at mainline for reasons that are beyond union logic

After F/C was installed (all 1 row of it), there were 63 on the -1000 and 73 on the -4000 as I remember. Prior to F/C, there were 65/75.

Jim

I must say I don't relish the idea of flying an aircraft the size of a DC-9 for less than half of what a mainline guy flew it for 5 years ago.

With the double barrell of Mesa and Sh1tty Kitty staring us in the face...what are we to do. Express is just one big "Havanna Omlet"

Please Please Please mainline guys...hold the line on scope!!!!

I'm sorry but you all know I speak my mind. For a primarily male workforce I've never seen such a lack of BALLS than with our pilots. And I mean the senior pilots who are ready to retire and dont give a #### about anyone but themselves. as long as they leave happy who cares if the rest of the pilots are furloughed while the whole airline is outsourced under the idiodic idea of big planes as "Express". East and West need to stop sniping at each other and face the real roblem- loss of jobs to outsourcing! I wish AFA and ALPA would sit down and say no negotiations on contracts until we start flying our own planes. I'm annoyed facing 20 years of OPR while someone else flies a full size US Airways plane from the east coast to Texas and beyond. Express my ass.

So this deal didn't extend the term-length of time for the Repulbic express operation?

I mean to ask, does this deal extend the time that LCC is obligated to use Republic as express or not?

I've never really heard a logical explanation for why pilot salaries are tied to equipment size. The skills required for flying a 747 are similar to a 737. The training is similar and the workrules are identical. I do understand paying more for pilots with more experience and more for a captain than an FO.

Good point. At least one European carrier (SK or KL...can't remember which) pay pilots on seniority not a/c type. They have senior pilots who are tired of skipping time zones and being away for days flying to Asia, and fly shorthaul intra Euro trips instead,

Simply put...Duane Woerth and the "400 club" need to stop "eating their young"

And the newbies need to stop selling their souls for "lawn boy" wages.

Latest posts