new 30 Embraer 175 aircraft to US Airways Express

Yes, especially considering that the last F-28 payscale would probably be about the same as the Express operators flying similiar sized equipment when adjusted for the concessions since 2001.

Jim

Boieng...agreed,

Thus no cost advantage to having them outsourced...save the whipsaw for future rates.

Sorry if I let my attitude get through...just kinda frustrated.

Bob,

West leases 100% of their aircraft and East leases 2/3 to 3/4 with the rest mortgaged (EETC's). So at the end of the day, cost of acquisition is relatively negligible. Buying, no matter whether the plane is then sold/leased back or mortgaged, does tie up money for a while because of deposits/progress payments.

As I think someone already said, the 175's to Republic was the cost of getting rid of 20 of Chataugua's E145's - at least that was the rationale given. The sad part is that those 30 175's (with no F/C) going to Republic mean potentially 30 fewer 190's (with F/C) coming to mainline.

Jim

Please bear in mind...UAL ESOP was a gift. It was sold on the OTC bankruptcy market for less than a dollar a share without the employees permission.