New Flight School Opinions please...

everytimeifly

Oct 29, 2007
I am in the early stages of starting a flight school and am taking a route I have not seen done yet... Most of the academies offer the full program of private-cfi or whatever you want... in flying the same hours and getting the same ratings, would you want to also pick up your tailwheel endorsement and seaplane rating? I am incorporating that into my flight school so people can get the total flying experience as opposed to the rush through and fly a 172 and a seminole the whole time... opinions and thoughts please....

What kind of research have you done on market demand? If a student is on a career track, there's probably not much use for the seaplane and tailwheel unless you are bush or backwoods flying. With the cost of a commercial ticket already fairly high, is it possible that this will just make your pricing less attractive?

I am in the early stages of starting a flight school and am taking a route I have not seen done yet... Most of the academies offer the full program of private-cfi or whatever you want... in flying the same hours and getting the same ratings, would you want to also pick up your tailwheel endorsement and seaplane rating? I am incorporating that into my flight school so people can get the total flying experience as opposed to the rush through and fly a 172 and a seminole the whole time... opinions and thoughts please....

Latest posts