New Int'l Cities For Us (what Lcc?)

MsRes

Jan 13, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Pulled schedules in Sabre today for PHL to Barcelona, Spain and PHL to Venice, Italy beginning in May/05 using 767 equipment. Could be other cities, but only had time to find these two.

Great destinations for cruise clients beginning or ending MED cruises. Many of the cruises start in BCN and end in FCO (or reverse) so we could now get pax both directions. :up:

Hope there's more to follow. So much for liqudation in FEB/05. Also, another fine example of our "LCC" status. I'm sure WN, 8B and FL will begin similiar routes very soon!!! NOT!! :p

They are listed already on USAirways.com also. Did the company even announce these were going to be added to the schedule yet? :huh:

This is really cool news, but yes, will they be around...I hope so. Maybe I can use my dividend miles to go to Venice for Memorial Day weekend!!

They still have an extra 330 I think...from pulling PITFRA...anyone know where that is going??

Also..big question..are those new markets permanent or just seasonal??

MsRes said:
I'm sure WN, 8B and FL will begin similiar routes very soon!!! NOT!! :p
[post="201506"][/post]​

WN just announced $29 one-way fares from PHL to BCN. :shock:
No meal, No seat assignments, but they sing songs and allow you to carry your clothes in hefty bags. I hope US matches and I can get my upgrade. :D

Is it daily service? I found BCN and VCE on US.com, but it doesn't seem like it is daily. I checked some other cities, but couldn't find any new service.

No announcement as of yet that I have seen. When were the fares loaded?

US1YFARE said:
When were the fares loaded?
[post="201549"][/post]​
They haven't been yet. Interestingly US cancelled most of their public fare structure PHL-BCN a couple of days ago. Perhaps to change it to fit their new service appropriately? Uh-oh, now I am sounding like A320.

I am surprised at VCE and not MXP, but for US' sake I hope whatever new service they start is profitable. Unless of course they want to F up again and file some $102 RT fares from WAS to these fine cities, I'd be all for that. ;)

well, I got a fare from PHL-VCE 11-11/11-21 for $800something.. non-stop 767 service. Of course I didn't try to buy it, so maybe the website would have eventually said 'just kidding.'

it makes you think..... why would they put this out there without an announcement.... some kind of whisper campaign? to what end? will the aircraft come from the cancellation of other europe service?

I saw two coach class seats sold on a day in May to Venice. Probably frequent flyer seats but it is booked. I have no idea where all the aircraft are coming from as SNN/DUB/GLA also returns in May with 767 aircraft.

Gee... And here I thought US Airways was going to add service to other STAR hubs, per USA320Pilot... Like Oslo, Copenhagen, Birmingham, Vienna, etc.

Why the he11 didn't this come out in a press release yet? US is usually quick to tout new intl. service way in advance of its start. Or, if they were just loaded, are they timing it so it'll be available to agents and usairways.com customers at the time of announcement.

Looks like MAD goes back to A330 service, and SJU (as of now) is retaining a 767 and an A330, as well as MCO keeping 2 767's daily.
So....no more Europe expansion until more widebodies come aboard.

So, is this right for the summer widebodies? I count 10 767s and 8 330s. Is the 11th 767 and 9th 330 a hot spare?

767 from PHL:
GLA
LGW
SNN
DUB
VCE
BCN
MUC
SJU
MCO(2)

330 from PHL:
LGW
MAN
FRA
MAD
CDG
SJU

330 from CLT:
LGW
FRA

PHL said:
Why the he11 didn't this come out in a press release yet? US is usually quick to tout new intl. service way in advance of its start. Or, if they were just loaded, are they timing it so it'll be available to agents and usairways.com customers at the time of announcement.

Looks like MAD goes back to A330 service, and SJU (as of now) is retaining a 767 and an A330, as well as MCO keeping 2 767's daily.
So....no more Europe expansion until more widebodies come aboard.

So, is this right for the summer widebodies? I count 10 767s and 8 330s. Is the 11th 767 and 9th 330 a hot spare?

767 from PHL:
GLA
LGW
SNN
DUB
VCE
BCN
MUC
SJU
MCO(2)

330 from PHL:
LGW