New Int'l Cities For Us (what Lcc?)

You know it always amazes me when we have a press release.

In the last paragraph they always reference (quite proudly I might add) the fact that we service so many Int'l as well as domestic destinations, and of course the first mention for contact is "USAirways.com." This time they actually added the domestic 800 number for regular res (800-428-4322), but, is this not an announcement about new Int'l service. Where's the 800-622-1015 Int'l res number? On a normal ops day you can usually reach an Int'l agent easier on this line.

Also, anyone notice on the new Attache Magazine ad introducing new Int'l hub in FLL for Central America service starting in Feb? It's the very first page when you open the mag. Nice add with details of routes from NE via FLL to Caribbean and new cities like GUA and PTY. Only refererce for contact is...US Airways.com!! Again, no 800 nbr for Int'l res or even domestic.

I know this is a bit petty, but, if you really want the revenue for in house bookings, give the customer EVERY contact number to make it easy for them!! Not everyone has online service, or even wants to be if they are!!

When a customer is at the ato and asking about the new service to those cities and I know nothing, it's embarassing to tell him, buddy, you know more about what's going on than us here!

WestCoastGuy said:
As usual with this company....the employee's are last to know.
[post="201705"][/post]​

A press release is the best way to do it, but it should be done concurrently with an announcement to the employees. There are probably SEC regulations around making such announcements internally to the whole company first, anyway. You can't expect all 20,000 employees to keep it under wraps until an official announcement.

Meanwhile, try to be happy and encouraged that this airline, even in the doom and gloom of BK, has made two significant expansion/future growth engines - FLL mini-hub and more European destinations. That's a strategy - something the previous managements seemed to miss.

god u guys #### and moan about everything. anything thats positive you guys have to make it a negative issue. get a freakin life.

Funguy2:

Funguy2 said: "Gee... And here I thought US Airways was going to add service to other STAR hubs, per USA320Pilot... Like Oslo, Copenhagen, Birmingham, Vienna, etc."

USA320Pilot comments: During initial Transformation Plan meetings the cities listed above were identified to ALPA at an MEC meeting, which I attended. Where you there? I'm not sure why Doug Leo made the change, but I can ask senior management. However, would you do the research and find out for us?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Yeah....yippeee, ALLLLRIGHT. excelllent, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooexcited, positve news, OH, MY GOD!! WOW WEEEEEE. Two snaps and a bag of pretzels....two thumbs up.....BRAVO....congratulations!! :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Is THAT enough? <_<

mp863 said:
They still have an extra 330 I think...from pulling PITFRA...anyone know where that is going??

[post="201535"][/post]​

mp863,

I believe the "missing" A330 (N676UW) has been sent to Mobil for heavy MX. The big busses are now beginning to come due. If the schedule looks like it's only accounting for 8 A/C, I would say that it will probably remain at 8 until all the A/C cycle through their checks. One would assume that there's a plan to make sure that no more than 1 A/C is in heavy at a time. It's just too expensive to let an A330 sit around as a spare.... Even more so to have more than 1 in heavy at a time...

USPerfEngr

These are 2 Great cities. Have been to BCN twice to go on cruises and am ready to go to Venice...Fantastic!!! :up:

Note that the text says "potential" new routes. Doesn't say that they will.

Note that other parts of 320s posts said, "Increased Caribbean, European, and Latin American expansion. The plan envisions expanding European and Caribbean service."

This is true, is it not?

ITRADE said:
Note that the text says "potential" new routes. Doesn't say that they will.

Note that other parts of 320s posts said, "Increased Caribbean, European, and Latin American expansion. The plan envisions expanding European and Caribbean service."

This is true, is it not?
[post="201937"][/post]​
Exactly ITRADE!! So many people on here "read" what they want to read.

Latest posts