New Marketing Campaign for NYC, ORD and LAX "Going for Great"

Everytime iv non reved( many times I might add) on DL and get to chatting with the FA's and least one of them know of WT! The best part is they all feel he is an embarrassment, among other thing, to DL! They can't understand why he constantly does this! We always have a good chuckle about him! Iv yet to meet one DL FA that doesn't just laugh when I bring this up!!!
please.

someone needs some X-Lax.

yeah right.

If even 1/10 of DL FAs knew about and read airline forums, there would be a whole lot more money involved on this website.

This site, with all due respect, is a single gnat on the back of an internet and aviation world.

but your little "true story" doesn't change that all the marketing campaigns in the world won't change the fundamental facts of the business which are that right now DL is running a better business and airline as measured by any number of metrics.

I've never said it isn't impossible for AA to change - but I can't say even I expected that AA would accelerate its "investment flying" post merger while still trying to justify having the world's largest network.

if it was really such a great network, it wouldn't seem that AA would need to be flying as many loss-making routes and could instead plow even more money into advertising than what they are doing now.

since I have never provided a list of 10 things positive or negative about any carrier, it is not appropriate for me to do it now for any carrier.

All of my perceived negative comments about AA over the past several years have revolved around AA's apparent need to operate routes or offer services that do not economically make sense particularly in the short term.

I can absolutely get the need to operate some routes on a strategic, short-term unprofitable basis but I still know of no other airline that has been more consumed at maintaining and growing money-losing operations as much as AA has done. feel free to give me comparable examples that you think validate the point at other carriers.

what I will do is put in one place here several commendations that I have noted about AA but will note again....
1. AA did a great job of strategically acquiring access to and growing in highly profitable markets like LHR and Latin America.
2. AA has a long history of being a marketing focused organization and listening to customers to produce products that are customer focused
3. new AA under Parker is becoming increasingly a profit focused airline that also is trying to put behind its contentious and debilitating labor relations.

as much as you want to focus on the negative things I say, there is a whole lot of positive in those 3 things that AA and its stakeholders including employees can focus on.

• Banned
Don't want to jeopardize your Ford and Harrison paycheck I see.

I sure wish you could let me know where the money is but I sure can't find the deposit slip or paystub for it.

I'd be tickled pink to get an extra $2500/month

WorldTraveler said:
since I have never provided a list of 10 things positive or negative about any carrier, it is not appropriate for me to do it now for any carrier.All of my perceived negative comments about AA over the past several years have revolved around AA's apparent need to operate routes or offer services that do not economically make sense particularly in the short term.I can absolutely get the need to operate some routes on a strategic, short-term unprofitable basis but I still know of no other airline that has been more consumed at maintaining and growing money-losing operations as much as AA has done. feel free to give me comparable examples that you think validate the point at other carriers.what I will do is put in one place here several commendations that I have noted about AA but will note again....1. AA did a great job of strategically acquiring access to and growing in highly profitable markets like LHR and Latin America.2. AA has a long history of being a marketing focused organization and listening to customers to produce products that are customer focused3. new AA under Parker is becoming increasingly a profit focused airline that also is trying to put behind its contentious and debilitating labor relations.as much as you want to focus on the negative things I say, there is a whole lot of positive in those 3 things that AA and its stakeholders including employees can focus on.
Proves everyone's point you can't even list one thing DL does wrong

Plus you bash just about every move AA makes so you can try to say you haven't provided a list you just pound away at AA failings

I haven't ever provided a list of 10 things ANY carrier did - good or bad.

and for this year, DL will be sharing $1 BILLION in profit sharing with its employees who have worked tirelessly to create DL's success.

be sure and let me know what other companies, let alone airlines, have shared that much of their profits with their employees.

WorldTraveler said:
I haven't ever provided a list of 10 things ANY carrier did - good or bad.

and for this year, DL will be sharing $1 BILLION in profit sharing with its employees who have worked tirelessly to create DL's success.

be sure and let me know what other companies, let alone airlines, have shared that much of their profits with their employees.

Post DL's profit on DL's board - this topic is about marketing - so not sure how you are talking about profit sharing - you someone turn the ATL-LAX route thread into FA pay -

I know it's hard for you - try to stay on topic

Again - where is the list of things DL does wrong?

here is where DL entered the conversation... ask him why he did it

What difference does it make whether it is or is not flamebait?  The whole thing is a waste of money and time.  Does anyone really believe that the A321Ts can compete with DL's refurbished MD80s and 90s?  DL put all new slipcovers on the seats.  And, they are thinking about adding Wi-Fi.  Just the thought of that dooms AA to failure in NYC.   :lol:

'Going for Great' might be the marketing flavour of the present yet we recently learned that wasn't the case in 2010. I can attest to the quality of the M&E product we provide AA at ORD yet in accounting terms we are once again reminded that it is a moot point.

The most radical course involved an effort by American CEO Gerard Arpey and Chief Financial Officer Tom Horton to carry out a merger with United (UAL) , according to the newly published book, American Airlines, US Airways and the Creation of the World's Largest Airline, by Ted Reed and Dan Reed.
As American's economic fortunes diminished around the early part of the 2010s, Arpey and Horton "approached archrival United about merging," aviation sources told the book's authors. "To address antitrust concerns, they were prepared to sell American's Chicago hub to discount carrier AirTran.
http://www.thestreet.com/story/12913075/1/before-its-tie-up-with-usairways-american-eyed-united-book-says.html

diamondcutter said:
The best part is they all feel he is an embarrassment, among other thing, to DL! They can't understand why he constantly does this!
It's not just the flight attendants. Corp Comm at DL would also love to put a muzzle on him. His online persona doesn't reflect the values that Richard holds employees to, and it's not how they'd like to see the brand reflected.

funny I just got communications from DL in my mailbox.

if they wanted to talk w/ me, they certainly know how.

It is YOU who have wanted to eliminate dissident voice and you have wanted that for years.

So do others for the same reason.

for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

--

meanwhile for the stuff that matters....

interesting commentary, JABORD.

clearly the world would look very differently if AA and UA were able to eliminate one or the other.

there have been talks between the big 3 at various times in history but nothing ever panned out solely because each demonstrated the capability to be a survivor.

I can't imagine that AA/UA would have wanted to really see FL set up a competitive hub at ORD on top of WN's hub at MDW.. but sometimes the hope of a merger leads to settling for less-than-rational solutions.

as much as some would like to believe otherwise, the current state of the industry produced by four mergers is probably about as good as it could have gotten with a merger for each of the big 4.

E i can only imagine how happy corp comm at the wiget wld be if they put a muzzle on their dl cheerleader the priest

Back