"New Premium Wine" Listed on the website

You would be a REALLY fun person to blind taste with....

Better yet....lets do this...you and I, tasting in a "black lit" room so you can't even tell color.....all you gotta do is tell me, "red or white?"

If you think you can go 10 for 10, you tell me where, you pick 5 wines and I'll pick 5 wines....and then we'll see. I'll bet you $1.00 to your $1,000 you can't go 10 for 10.....on just the one question, "red or white?"

NOTHING is more humbling in the world of wine then tasting without your eyeballs. Trust me.

Easy, I'll bring 5 Reds and you bring 5 whites, reverse the odds and then the game is on. :lol:

B)

So most of the new "premium" wines sell in the $7 - $10 range per bottle. While a high priced bottle doesn't always equate to a good wine - I'd love to understand how a $7 bottle of wine can be considered "premium" - is it because it doesn't come in a box? A $7 bottle can be a good value - it can be a good buy - but premium? Hmmmmm - would love to know how that works.

The people in the sand castle that put this marketing stuff out there are just dopes.

No we have the Gallo here too. Sometimes I see a mix of all three types. Must have had a sale somewhere on the Gallo. :lol:

A sale on Gallo???? That's like what $1.50 a gallon??? I mean, Gallo in my area is cheaper than MD 20/20! And no offense, but Gallo sucks! Maybe it's different out west :lol: :lol: :lol:

Domestic wine in coach is screw cap bottles except for the chenin blanc which is corked. We had to continue serving it until the supply was used and the contract was finished. Transatlantic is corked bottles only. As for the boxed wines there are a few that are surprisingly tolerable such as the Hardy's brand and Black Box brand. I'm no box wine advocate but considering what we offer NOW it wouldn't be a step back but a step forward. I will say that one problem we really have is multiple bottles of screw cap wine open at once. Corked or screw capped, once the air hits it it's three days max to serve. God only knows how long we have wine flying around. :rolleyes:

I learned a trick on how to keep wine longer on a wine tour once. Now forget the US wines, but I'm talking your personal consumption at home. The best way to store left-over wine is in plastic water bottles. Fill to the rim or squeeze until the wine reaches the top, then screw the cap on. The trick is to let the air out.

Does it work? Hell if I know because I seldom have wine left-over!

Personally, the best wine containers I would see working on any aircraft are the newer single-serve cartons. They're in milk carton-type containers. Don't knock 'em til you try 'em!

Good idea. :up: Personally I can't remember the last time I had wine left over in the bottle. :blink:

Latest posts

Back