New Routes To Europe

USA320Pilot said:
"In other words, there is a real likelihood that as America West (soon to be US Airways) pilots, must be prepared and ready to fight a second merger or fragmentation on the heels of this pending merger," he said.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="304448"][/post]​
And the correction from the HP ALPA Spokesman:

Baker knows nothing about any discussions with other carriers or any specific deal that may be in the works, a union spokesman said yesterday in response to Baker's letter, sent to pilots Friday.

Instead, he said the speculation reflects the growing talk about more consolidation in an industry now expected to lose $7.4 billion this year, according to a report issued yesterday by the International Air Transport Association.

Article with HP ALPA Correction
DON'T LET THE FACTS GET IN YOUR WAY!

700UW:

AWA ALPA said that because of a potential SEC violation, which is something even you should understand. Instead of trying to discredit people, why don't you try to post some useful information.

But...don't let the facts get into your way.

Meanwhile, I truly believe you are miserable at US Airways because you never post anything positive. If you hate it here so much then why stay with the company? Why not leave the company, if you can?

Nonetheless, why did you leave out the following comment from the Post-Gazette article?

"Ahead of a crucial vote today on the America West Airlines-US Airways merger, America West pilots union chairman J.R. Baker warned of a second possible merger or "fragmentation" and told rank-and-file members to 'be prepared.'"

Again, I do not believe US Airways will be involved in another merger, but instead could be involved in a fragmentation of another airline's assets. But, how would you know?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Again, I do not believe US Airways will be involved in another merger, but instead could be involved in a fragmentation of another airline's assets. But, how would you know?

"In other words, there is a real likelihood that as America West (soon to be US Airways) pilots, must be prepared and ready to fight a second merger or fragmentation on the heels of this pending merger," he said.

So explain to me why the AWA ALPA MEC should be prepared to "fight" buying up all those coveted "project minnow" "UTC, "ITC" (or whatever your term of the day is) assets? It sounds to me like they are worried that THEY could be bought and would want to fight that. Who knows, after a merger mania among UAL, DAL, CAL, and NWA, AMR, with it's history of fair work group integration, may come calling. Do you think that could be it? Why would you "fight" getting all those extra jets and routes without the pilots? You lack of reasoning is startling

AWA ALPA said that because of a potential SEC violation, which is something even you should understand. Instead of trying to discredit people, why don't you try to post some useful information.

Maybe he is afraid of commiting an SEC violation. I don't think you have to worry though....

USA320Pilot said:
700UW:

But...don't let the facts get into your way.

Meanwhile, I truly believe you are miserable at US Airways because you never post anything positive. If you hate it here so much then why stay with the company? Why not leave the company, if you can?

Nonetheless, why did you leave out the following comment from the Post-Gazette article?

"Ahead of a crucial vote today on the America West Airlines-US Airways merger, America West pilots union chairman J.R. Baker warned of a second possible merger or "fragmentation" and told rank-and-file members to 'be prepared.'"

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="305012"][/post]​
Baker said his statement then HP ALPA released the letter AFTER, Baker said what he said, can you not comprehend that?

And why don't you stick to the issue instead of trying to attack me and deflect from you being wrong?

What Baker said was not a potential SEC violation, you are really reaching now.

And you dont know me nor how I feel at US, so stop trying to play Dr Freud and stick to the issue at hand instead of trying to hide from it with posting things that have nothing to do with it.

Amazing how you can't handle being wrong.

USA320Pilot said:
[post="305012"][/post]​

Same way you would: sheer speculation and throwing enough stuff against the barn door.

At the end of the day, the new US is still being forced to return assets. Any reasonable person would see that there is little point in buying Airbii from "Ted" when all US would really have to do is work something with GECAS to hold onto it's existing aircraft.

Reality check at 11.

Latest posts